ForumsThe TavernGetting Armor Games Noticed

21 6539
Manthetheo
Manthetheo
6 posts
Peasant

When I'm talking to my friends, whenever I bring up Armor Games. But for some reason the they don't know what it is, they then continue with their conversation. So I have thought about a way to get AG known. The Smosh Games Alliance. Those of you who are already apart of this, make a video about AG, with you playing the games. Those who aren't already a member, just go to this link, ,sign up, make a video, submit it, and if enough of you do this, they may put it on the SGA Spotlight. And here in the comments, write your youtube channel name so we can all see them.

• 21 Replies
SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

Ahah, I can imagine FrankieOnPCin1080p doing playthroughs of Sonny and Sinjid

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

We could post it to random gaming forums on the internet.

plz, dont. i hate it when those kong kids are doing that here.

I agree, even though Kong is generally a better site as far as games go. I believe that Armor Games should be known more for our community and how well it works with the games on site.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I agree, even though Kong is generally a better site as far as games go.

What? The way I see it most of the top flash gaming sites have the same games. Kongregate might have more games, but does that make them better? Or are you talking about that there are more badges to achieve there? If the games on Kongregate are better, which ones and how so? I feel Kongregate allows too many low quality games and the user has to sift through a lot of junk.

Back to the topic, Armorgames is rather high ranked by Alexa (if that's the most reliable benchmark idk) and not too many spots behind Kongregate which is now owned by GameStop, which means they probably have lots of money to bolster the site. All this consider Armorgames is doing well, ranking wise, against a site owned by a fairly large company.

I think trying to spread Armor Games through Smosh or by telling people on forums are both poor ideas. Armor Games doesn't need Smosh for support and I feel that Smosh is just their gaming Alliance to make extra money. Associating Armor Games with promotion for what seems like for amateurs and for Smosh to make more money comes across as a bad idea to me.
Telling people on forums is spammy and annoying and will probably lead to negative opinions about the site and it's users.

I figure, if you want to help Armor Games you can:

- Like Armor Games on Facebook and Google +
- Be active in the Armor Games forums
- On your Facebook occasionally post about the great games you are enjoying on Armor Games with a link to the game on Armor Games
- Introduce your friends to Armor Games
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Kongregate might have more games, but does that make them better?

If the games on Kongregate are better, which ones and how so? I feel Kongregate allows too many low quality games and the user has to sift through a lot of junk.

More games = higher chance to have more good games, considering most of the same are on both sites.
Use the option to show highest rated games to lowest.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

More games = higher chance to have more good games,

It could be said the same that more games = higher chance to have bad games.

Armor Games has 100 pages of games with 30 games a page and 1 page with 11 games (as of the date of this post).
That's 3,011 games total for Armor Games.

Kongregate claims to have 71,228 total games (as of the date of this post).
If you go to the last page of games you will see in the url games?pdis=q0Q-e&srid=68547 on the page before the last (the last page will just say last). There are 15 games per page (one game is just a spotlight for a game that you see on every page). So add 15 to 68547 and you get 68,562

So Kongregrate has a total of 68,563 games (or 71,228 going by the site counter).

Now let's take kongregates 5 star rating system and turn it into the equivalent of Armor Games 10 point system by simply multiplying Kongregate's scores by 2.

Now selecting the all games category on both sites and sorting them by rating (highest first to lowest) we obtain this:

Armor Games has 4 pages of games with scores of 4 or less. 1 of those pages only has 10 games with a rating of 4 or less. The last page is not a full page and only has 11 games with a rating of 4 or less.

That's a total of 81 games with rating of 4 or less on Armor Games.

Kongregates last page should have a number of 68,562 the page where you see a game with sightly more than 2 stars is page 54,792 (this page has 13 games on it with 2 or less stars and 2 games that have slightly more stars). That's 918 pages of 15 games. or...

Kongregate has 13,768 games with a rating of 2 stars or less (equivalent of an Armor Games 4 or less rating).

Armor Games has 22 pages of games rated at 8 or more, with the last page having 27 games at a rating of 8 or more.

Armor Games has 657 games with a rating of 8 or more.

Kongregate goes to page 1230 of games with 4 or more stars and on the last page it looks like 5 of those games are slightly less than 4 stars.

Kongregate has 1225 games at 4 or more stars (equivalent of an Armor Games 8 or less rating).

Armor Games games with 4 or lower rating (2 star Kongregate equivalent) = 81 Games
Kongregate games with 2 stars or less (4 rating Armor Game equivalent) = 13,678

Armor Games games with 8 or higher rating (4 star Kongregate equivalent) = 657 Games
Kongregate games with 4 stars or more (8 rating Armor Game equivalent) = 1225

So Kongregate has about 1.864 times more good games than Armor Games and...
Kongregate has 168.864 times more bad games than Armor Games.

Looking at these numbers I think it would be safe to say Kongregate is allowing any type of game on the site, even the horrible ones while Armor games is more strict with the quality of their games.

I understand that Kongregate technically has more games that have higher ratings. Also to say Kongregate has better games, by the sheer number of low rated games on Krongrgate, their average game score should actually be worse than Armor Games Meaning Armor Games has better games (in that narrow sense). And my point should still stand,

I feel Kongregate allows too many low quality games and the user has to sift through a lot of junk.

That being said, both sites are fun and one can be a member on both sights.

To loosely tie this to the topic, if you want to get Armor Games noticed you can point out how the have relatively high quality set of games compared to other sites.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Some minor corrections:
So Kongregrate has a total of 68,562* games (or 71,228 going by the site counter). [My count was off by one]

Kongregate has 1225 games at 4 or more stars (equivalent of an Armor Games 8 or more* rating). [Should say more instead of less.]

Showing 16-21 of 21