ForumsWEPRPrinted Guns and Arms Laws

64 25725
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

The wonderful 3D printers have given rise to an issue: one can download designs for a gun and print it via a 3D printer. You may have heard of this, if not, you can look up 3D printer guns and you'll find articles.
Naturally, the guns are neither strong nor capable of multiple shots, but that does not matter. You can still kill someone. Now, do you believe that when 3D printers are made available for cheap that we should slacken gun laws? Maybe the answer to the gun problem is if everyone is carrying a gun, even kids, there won't be issues. Or should we ban 3D printers and hope that these weak but still functional firearms never make it to the wrong people?

Personally, I think that the gun laws should be slackened. Once something is publicly available for cheap, it's hard to control it. Naturally, if we slacken the gun laws it stands to reason other weapons will most likely become allowed too, but maybe not.

But what do you think?

• 64 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

on one side it improves our live. on the other side will it destroy allot of our lifes.

i c the great potential that nearly everyone sees. but i also see the bad side that nobody likes to talk about, and rather discard it is useless. but we will see in the end. ive been right befor while everyone was laughing at me...

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

If anyone still doubted that printed guns could pose a problem, a reporter actually put it to the test:

http://www.jpost.com/Diplomacy-and-Politics/Could-a-plastic-gun-kill-the-prime-minister-318733

bluesky4us
bluesky4us
30 posts
Nomad

3d printers could handle the parts that don't take a lot of stress. such as the grips.
for the barrel you just need a Lethe.
for the complex components a CNC machine can be used. such as the hammer and mechanical parts.
gunsmith tools cost no more then 40 dollars depending on what you would need.
as for blueprints the pirate bay has some along with some backnet Philippine and German sites have most blueprints including RPG receiver components.

long story short some psychopath could build a entire arsenal without any risk of the gun taking his hand off.

something should be done to stop some access you cant control it completely by law. we are not a communist nation that oppresses one invention for its greater good.

3d printers are not the issue. insane people are
they should not be near anything so much as a butterfly knife.

i consider this a relatively neutral answer to this subject.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

3d printers are not the issue. insane people are

3d printers however do make it much much much more easy for the insane people to get the gun..
maybe not in the usa where every idiot already has a gun. but it is a big problem for the civilized world.
Showing 61-64 of 64