ForumsThe TavernArmor Games Community Activity Initiative

428 74106
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Welcome! Please grab a cup of coffee, and one of those delicious donuts most kindly donated by R2.

As you can guess from the title, this is yet another attempt at solving the AG activity problem. This problem has been ever present since late 2010. Many reasons as to the cause have been presented, ranging from a much delayed release of AG3, to lacking of a community manager, or the end of the flash gaming era.

I do have a couple of ideas concerning activity and how to increase it. Whether these are the keys to solving the issues at hand or not is unbeknownst to me, but I most certainly feel it is definitely worth the effort.

I'm not going into details - yet. Firstly, I'm going to need a few volunteers. More the better, but not more then 20 (20, yeah right...) Don't volunteer then become inactive that would not be beneficial to anything.

• 428 Replies
SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

Does this include me? :O

Naw man naw. You're still here, right? Anyone who has remained active since then, shouldn't include themselves into that.

Because I don't have the clearance.

Eh? But you could always give feedback/make your own stuff.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Eh? But you could always give feedback/make your own stuff.

I was being kind of sarcastic. Basically, I was saying I have the excuse because I have been busy. But you wouldn't know that unless I explained it in the fashion I just did.

I'm still thinking on stuff as of right now. The AMW won't be easy.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Speaking of AMW

If people start writing again..I can get back to giving constructive criticism on such works. (I've been meaning to in The Lyceum)...the only issues with works of art is that I sucks at arts..and would be absolutely no hope

SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

Once my acc is fixed, I'd like to help out in the AMW. Why don't we talk about ideas on reviving the AMW? No harm in talking about them.
I'm thinking about making a thread just asking people about their own feelings on their ability to make poetry and art and such. Then if anyone bothers to post in it, why don't we encourage them to make their own threads and invest in their own ability? If they have any questions about anything, we answer them there...? I don't know. Just a thought.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Let's just wing it and see where it goes. It's not like that could hurt, right?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Let's just wing it and see where it goes. That can't hurt, can it?

Haha. Of course that wouldn't work.

Anyway, Moon brings up a good point. Why don't we just ask people stuff? Asking people stuff in The Tavern seems to yield popularity, so I don't see the harm in trying it in the AMW.

But dang. Getting people to LOOK AT THE FREAKING FORUM is hard enough.

SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

Well whichever subforum generates the most activity, or whichever thread has the most updates. You could always shamelessly advertise for the AMW. In the newcomers section, if we all welcomed more people then you could be like "welcome to ag, drop by the AMW blah blah"
If the term community is changed to forum, i supposes there would be more activity, but that might not be a good thing. It would bring in a lot of spam. But there's always a diamond in the rough, I suppose.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

????????????????????
What the heck is this

Why don't you read the thread? =D
Lolpopop111
Lolpopop111
16 posts
Farmer

I'm in. Don't trust me to be all " omg you know what my job is? Jinx, I don't have one! Instead I spend all my time on AG!!!" Cause....... no.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Emily has a point about the old relics that still is the truth. It was much better in the past, and we should be proud to tout it, so we don't forget how it was like. It is the right of the old foggies to point out their disappointment. Go on, I'll post in the AMW when Emily does, I have absolutely no time to write my own stories/poems as I used to.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

It's been two years and we're still going on about this? xD

Ignoring the rest of the thread (excuse my incompetence), I think the best way of effecting action is to.. do things. It's not just about the threads you make, but how you sustain them. Talk about interesting things, foster that frigid sense of web camaraderie..and so forth!

Which reminds me, I'm still guilty of never really participating in AG's arts and crafts orgy. I guess it's never too late.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Perhaps part of the reason for the AMW decline is that...the relics have all grown up and moved on. MEH.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Perhaps part of the reason for the AMW decline is that...the relics have all grown up and moved on. MEH.

Surprise, surprise, surprise. It was just a matter of time. We can still live the memories of fond times, I s'ose.
SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

Sorry if this reposts, but apparently there are still a few forum glitches > >

It's been two years and we're still going on about this? xD

eternal issues of AG

Ignoring the rest of the thread (excuse my incompetence), I think the best way of effecting action is to.. do things. It's not just about the threads you make, but how you sustain them. Talk about interesting things, foster that frigid sense of web camaraderie..and so forth!

WOW! Doing things! I never thought of that! Where would we be without knights fake scottish wisdom u_u

Which reminds me, I'm still guilty of never really participating in AG's arts and crafts orgy. I guess it's never too late

you should be. It was the best feeling ever.

not really the 'relics' but just people who gave a crap.

Go on, I'll post in the AMW when Emily does, I have absolutely no time to write my own stories/poems as I used to.

And what I'm supposed to have more time on my hands than you do? D: I work...
buuuut they did cut my hours so I came back here because there was seriously nothing to do.

I am however very happy to see the old fart knight around, for however long that may be > >

And nicho if you ever leave I will hunt you down < <
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

And what I'm supposed to have more time on my hands than you do? D: I work...
buuuut they did cut my hours so I came back here because there was seriously nothing to do.

But you stay up all night D:

Don't worry, I'll never leave Twitter haha.
Showing 196-210 of 428