ForumsThe TavernArmor Games Community Activity Initiative

428 74227
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Welcome! Please grab a cup of coffee, and one of those delicious donuts most kindly donated by R2.

As you can guess from the title, this is yet another attempt at solving the AG activity problem. This problem has been ever present since late 2010. Many reasons as to the cause have been presented, ranging from a much delayed release of AG3, to lacking of a community manager, or the end of the flash gaming era.

I do have a couple of ideas concerning activity and how to increase it. Whether these are the keys to solving the issues at hand or not is unbeknownst to me, but I most certainly feel it is definitely worth the effort.

I'm not going into details - yet. Firstly, I'm going to need a few volunteers. More the better, but not more then 20 (20, yeah right...) Don't volunteer then become inactive that would not be beneficial to anything.

• 428 Replies
SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

I don't anymore! I'm trying to get back on normal sleeping time and stuff.
I'll probably never leave twitter but you ignore me there too

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

Well, for me the first thing I need to do to get more forum activity is to get back to being excessively active myself. I've been rather nostalgic about AG of late so for the moment anyway I'm getting back to normal level.

A couple of longtime AG friends of mine have recently come back from the depths of inactivity, I'll see if I can't get them into the forums.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I'm in. Don't trust me to be all " omg you know what my job is? Jinx, I don't have one! Instead I spend all my time on AG!!!" Cause....... no.

We are no longer accepting volunteers at the time. Thank you for your offer, we will come to you if we need assistance in the future.

Perhaps part of the reason for the AMW decline is that...the relics have all grown up and moved on. MEH.

Well, the lack of activity could partly be blamed on the AMW's location in the forums... It is nearly at the bottom of the page. People don't scroll down that far.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

But well, in all fairness, that's the most common place in any Forum, to locate the Arts thread.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

WOW! Doing things! I never thought of that! Where would we be without knights fake scottish wisdom u_u

Good to see you too, Moon.

Fine, I'll cut you all some slack. You've probably tried enough, but I am pretty weary of talking about how to revive this place. You just need more people on here, preferably some of the ones who left. That's why I decided to post in this flipping thread, even though it annoys me to an extent.

you should be. It was the best feeling ever.

I saw. :P

I am however very happy to see the old fart knight around, for however long that may be > >

To be fair, it's mainly been my fault why I haven't been around. I lost interest. But I feel like this site's worth checking out once again.. I'm not very committed anymore and I've sufficiently lowered my expectations.

But well, in all fairness, that's the most common place in any Forum, to locate the Arts thread.

Well, the lack of activity could partly be blamed on the AMW's location in the forums... It is nearly at the bottom of the page. People don't scroll down that far.

If you find the forums, I reasonably expect you to be able to scroll down and located the AMW. I think the issue more problematic is the fact that the forums are kinda low-key.. They still are, right?

I haven't been here that much in two years.
SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

I don't wanna help out in the AMW until my MoonFairy acc is back up... Sigh. I tried to revive Jeol's thread because it has goodness but most others are gone. u_u

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

You just need more people on here

Then let's figure out ways to do that instead of wasting time complaining about how crappy it is now and how much better the past was. [not to you in particular] Sure, it was great, and you can be proud/nostalgic/etc of that, but we now have a real opportunity to at least try to bring it back to or go beyond that level.

I think the issue more problematic is the fact that the forums are kinda low-key.. They still are, right?

It still says Community up there, so yeah. Though, there might've been a spike when quests came because some users may have clicked every link that they could to figure out what the heck happened to their AP. Just a guess.
SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

Well you can try to build it up but without people it isn't going to get very far~
I've already given my ideas, I'm just waiting.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

without people it isn't going to get very far

Of course, but do you mean raising the number of users on the site, or the number of users in the Community? We already know that only a very small fraction of the thousands of currently active users have any knowledge that the forums even exist. Even if the site itself took off tomorrow, skyrocketing in membership, the amount here would be of the same proportions that it is now; much greater in number, but still very small by comparison. It seems that there are a lot of people already on the site. Obviously, there can always be more, and that can be influenced by a number of things (ads, social media, etc). But where the current users go can also be influenced. There could be something as simple as "Want to help the site improve? Click here [link to NFS]" above the game comments. Granted, that wouldn't directly help things like the AMW, but maybe a small 'news/event banner' on the main page could, like "Win a merit in our Poetry Contest".
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

[quote=EmperorPalpatine]Then let's figure out ways to do that instead of wasting time complaining about how crappy it is now and how much better the past was. [not to you in particular] Sure, it was great, and you can be proud/nostalgic/etc of that, but we now have a real opportunity to at least try to bring it back to or go beyond that level.[/quote]

We can do that.. or try to :P

@Emperor Palpatine

I think there are things the admins, or whoever is responsible for the site itself.. today, could do. Raising the profile of the Forums and actually integrating them with the rest of site (i.e. the games) in some form could provide a much needed kick in the gut. Basically, what you said...

But people who treat this place like an elitist enclave would have a bit of work on their hands, definitely..

I'm more pessimistic about what us users can do, aside from continuing to come here ourselves and bringing people we know onto here. And suggesting ideas on threads like these, of course...

[quote=SunPixie]Well you can try to build it up but without people it isn't going to get very far~[/quote]

Without people, it ain't going anywhere~

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

I started to take a part in the forum when quests appeared.
In the beginning it was good,but not good enough.
And now I have noticed how much the community is inactive.
A very small number of users is participating.
Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself.

But I still have an optimistic view, it will be better.
I will continue to participate in the forum as much as possible.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

That's interesting.

I haven't been around here much for the past two years, so I wouldn't know what happened. It seems this place is about as inactive as I left it, or slightly less inactive. Still, I don't get the feeling that it's dead... just hibernating..and difficult to rouse awake.

Good on ya mate

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I reasonably expect you to be able to scroll down and located the AMW.

You're forgetting that we are dealing with a bunch of 13yo's who are in a big hurry and don't read anything... All they care about is getting to their forum game.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

I think you guys are forgetting something, we're actually doing really well right now. Last year around this time when summer break just started many of the subforums would go a day or two without anyone posting anything in them. So in a way we're doing quite well all things considered.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

You're forgetting that we are dealing with a bunch of 13yo's who are in a big hurry and don't read anything... All they care about is getting to their forum game.

Ahem..I'll have you know xeano..I participate in the Forum Games.

And actually, most members of the Forum Games are not like this. There are some..but the ones I've been keeping tabs on are far from the sorts.
Showing 211-225 of 428