ForumsThe TavernArmor Games Community Activity Initiative

428 74155
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Welcome! Please grab a cup of coffee, and one of those delicious donuts most kindly donated by R2.

As you can guess from the title, this is yet another attempt at solving the AG activity problem. This problem has been ever present since late 2010. Many reasons as to the cause have been presented, ranging from a much delayed release of AG3, to lacking of a community manager, or the end of the flash gaming era.

I do have a couple of ideas concerning activity and how to increase it. Whether these are the keys to solving the issues at hand or not is unbeknownst to me, but I most certainly feel it is definitely worth the effort.

I'm not going into details - yet. Firstly, I'm going to need a few volunteers. More the better, but not more then 20 (20, yeah right...) Don't volunteer then become inactive that would not be beneficial to anything.

• 428 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I'll have you know however that I hold the record time for the fox armatar; haven't changed it in over two years.

Wrong! I've held it for longer... According to the Wayback machine, I've had mine since at least January 28th 2011. Although I believe I've had it for longer.

FallenSky has had his for wayyyyy longer. But he doesn't count. That means I'm the official record holder!! Woo!
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Posted before I was ready *rolls eyes and groans*

I was thinking about how there is a kind of science to a lot of stuff. It's more well known with stuff like biology, chemistry, engineering, ETC... But it does exist in pretty much everything we do, or wish to accomplish. There is a process that must be taken for any given task to be accomplished (for example purposes, baking a cake. You must follow the directions to the letter, or your cake will be a flop.)

To sum it up in one question, what is the process that must be taken in order to bring life back to the community? There is a science here somewhere, we just need to figure out what it is (or at least part of it.)

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

Just asking, but the community had a great decline last year, and so this initiative is to recruit volunteers to help the community recuperate, correct? If that's the case, I'd like to help if I can. My account is always active, and I visit the site on a daily basis. If you need some help, just leave a message on my account and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

To sum it up in one question, what is the process that must be taken in order to bring life back to the community? There is a science here somewhere, we just need to figure out what it is (or at least part of it.)

It's the science of "stay yer arses in the forums and make threads like yer gettin paid fer it"!
SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

Or instead of making my head hurt with actual thinking and plans and math and science we could just wing it, like sal said somewhere.

well really, I think that all of this planning is okay. To make it a team like thing we should just I guess assign people who are willing to show newbies the ropes. Recruiters, and then have them lure the new kids in, find out their likes/dislikes and point them where to go into the forums from there. If there are enough friendly people to greet the new kids and make friends with them, they'll come back if they have decency and if they don't then they'll forget this place and it'll be okay.

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

That sounds like a solid plan. But how does one go about finding newbies if they aren't very active in the forums or any of the online games?

SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

The newcomers section of the forum. Monitor it and grab the latest one.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Just asking, but the community had a great decline last year, and so this initiative is to recruit volunteers to help the community recuperate, correct?

That's about it. The project I needed volunteers for has ended however, so we don't need any help there... We do need help with ideas though, so any that you may have (no matter how small) are most certainly welcome.

well really, I think that all of this planning is okay. To make it a team like thing we should just I guess assign people who are willing to show newbies the ropes.

Where are the newbies coming from? We can't just start posting *Come to the Community* on every profile. That would be running close to spamming.

The idea of a support team is pretty good... I've thought about spearheading something like that, but I've never really had enough support.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Where are the newbies coming from? We can't just start posting *Come to the Community* on every profile. That would be running close to spamming.

Yes you can! Just say "Hello there sir/ma'am, welcome to AG. Stop by the community sometime, because we desperately need your participation."

You may want to reword it a little, but you get the idea. Could be a good job for the support group.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Yes you can! Just say "Hello there sir/ma'am, welcome to AG. Stop by the community sometime, because we desperately need your participation."

I've been doing this for some time now
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

How are the results so far?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Best I've had is Raynethx.

Maybe I should be more forceful? =p

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Maybe I should be more forceful? =p

Participate in the community or I will find you and kill your family. Thanks.
SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

I mean you dont have to outrightly tell them to come! you make friends first THEN tell them to come. to check for quality of course

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Participate in the community or I will find you and kill your family. Thanks.

Must you always be so nice about these things pick? The time has come for cruel and drastic action, not your tiddlywink ideas.

The newcomers section of the forum. Monitor it and grab the latest one.

R2 scares them all off. Read some of the comments he leaves in there... Those things are so wrong.
Showing 241-255 of 428