ForumsThe TavernArmor Games Community Activity Initiative

428 74157
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Welcome! Please grab a cup of coffee, and one of those delicious donuts most kindly donated by R2.

As you can guess from the title, this is yet another attempt at solving the AG activity problem. This problem has been ever present since late 2010. Many reasons as to the cause have been presented, ranging from a much delayed release of AG3, to lacking of a community manager, or the end of the flash gaming era.

I do have a couple of ideas concerning activity and how to increase it. Whether these are the keys to solving the issues at hand or not is unbeknownst to me, but I most certainly feel it is definitely worth the effort.

I'm not going into details - yet. Firstly, I'm going to need a few volunteers. More the better, but not more then 20 (20, yeah right...) Don't volunteer then become inactive that would not be beneficial to anything.

• 428 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'm going to send my email to Ferret tomorrow..if anyone hasn't answered my question, please do so.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Flat out telling them that activity has dropped has failed to this point. Maybe showing them that we care enough about the community to go to this much trouble will change their minds.

Yes, but that doesn't need to be achieved by statistics, which are great if we can manage it, but I doubt we can, due to the number of threads. I would have supported it if it were a long term project, but I do not believe that would be the case.

Anyway, what email Pang? Perhaps we should consolidate our ideas more, and justify/plan them to make them more substantial.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Oops, remembered. :X

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I'm going to send my email to Ferret tomorrow..if anyone hasn't answered my question, please do so.

You mean the Q about whether to count the OP or not? I already answered that. (I hope that's the question you mean, since I don't see another from you in the last five pages.)
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

You mean the Q about whether to count the OP or not?

His question was "What did you think 'community' meant?"
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

The forum is not a primary source of income, the games are. The forum is losing activity, not the games, so with that said, there is little reason for them to care much for the forum. Activity is also something you can't simply fix like a glitch.

True, they don't need a forum but it is highly recommended. For example, if you go to a coffee shop all that shop really needs to make money is coffee, but they would get a lot more business if they served breakfast too. It's the same with Armor Games, they don't need a forum, but if they have one and it is a good one, they'll attract more people. So, in a way, it is necessary to make sure activity stays up. Any online game site can just specialize in games, but if you get to meet other people and they could talk about Skyrim all day it would make the site more interesting.

Actually, forums are used to build member loyalty, thus having the members play games on AG more often as opposed to other sites. It's a marketing thing.

See? It's a marketing thing too. :P

Flat out telling them that activity has dropped has failed to this point. Maybe showing them that we care enough about the community to go to this much trouble will change their minds.

I see you're point. The admins are more concerned about fixing glitches and putting some new stuff into the site more then it's current needs. Maybe it could work. All I'm saying is past that point we need to come up with a better solution then "turning "Community into "Forums". I don't think they'd be impressed with that idea alone.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So... do we continue with the thread count? A certain robot is confused.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

So... do we continue with the thread count? A certain robot is confused.

I didn't know you guys stopped. Did you get 09, '11, and the majority of '13 done?
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I got 13 but not 11 or 9.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

11: 392

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Actually, forums are used to build member loyalty, thus having the members play games on AG more often as opposed to other sites. It's a marketing thing.

I believe this was something I pointed out (with different wording) during a different discussion about increasing activity.

All I'm saying is past that point we need to come up with a better solution then "turning "Community into "Forums". I don't think they'd be impressed with that idea alone.

I could make them impressed.

I didn't know you guys stopped.

*whispers* I might not have even started yet...
teehee
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Oh yes...another thing

Anyone notice the lil activity surge in the Tavern?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Anyone notice the lil activity surge in the Tavern?

Somewhat....maybe cause summer's coming.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Somewhat....maybe cause summer's coming.

From what I've seen, activity generally declines when Summer comes, because everybody is on vacation.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

From what I've seen, activity generally declines when Summer comes, because everybody is on vacation.

Quite the reverse I've seen in the past years.
Showing 91-105 of 428