ForumsThe TavernArmor Games Community Activity Initiative

428 74082
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Welcome! Please grab a cup of coffee, and one of those delicious donuts most kindly donated by R2.

As you can guess from the title, this is yet another attempt at solving the AG activity problem. This problem has been ever present since late 2010. Many reasons as to the cause have been presented, ranging from a much delayed release of AG3, to lacking of a community manager, or the end of the flash gaming era.

I do have a couple of ideas concerning activity and how to increase it. Whether these are the keys to solving the issues at hand or not is unbeknownst to me, but I most certainly feel it is definitely worth the effort.

I'm not going into details - yet. Firstly, I'm going to need a few volunteers. More the better, but not more then 20 (20, yeah right...) Don't volunteer then become inactive that would not be beneficial to anything.

• 428 Replies
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Anyone notice the lil activity surge in the Tavern?

Somewhat....maybe cause summer's coming.

Summer plays a role in activity. Most of the users on AG attend school, so when school is over people hop back onto the internet, that or do more important things.

Speaking of summer, we will get more activity in the forums now. If only Skeleton_Pilot will get out of the Candy Land he is trapped in and GET BACK HERE!

From what I've seen, activity generally declines when Summer comes, because everybody is on vacation.

It really depends on the person. I have seen activity increase in some areas decrease in others. Mainly because people spend they're free time how they want to. Not everyone is up for hopping on a forum and going all at it.

I could make them impressed.

Tell them if they change Community to Forums you'll send them a $100 Starbucks gift card. No admin can resist a Mocha Frappuccino.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Thats just because I became more active while procrastinating.
I take full credit. You`re welcome :P
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Pick, I obviously fueled the surge, not you :P

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Any updates?

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Any updates?

My draft email:

Hey Ferret, a few of the frequent community users (including myself) have gotten together to present a few suggestions to the administrators concerning community activity.

Approximately 2 1/2 years ago, a constant decline in community activity began. While there are quite a few theories and suggestions as to the cause of this severe decline in activity, we are more concerned with how to find a solution, and restore activity to pre-2010 levels.

A multitude of suggestions and ideas was presented to the administrators around one year ago. Included in that presentation was the request that a new community manager be appointed. This request was fulfilled around 4 months later, and we are most glad to have you with us Ferret.

However, the users of the Forum have gathered together once again to present still a few more requests to the administration, in the hope that further cooperation can be achieved, as well as increased community activity.

Firstly, we would like to request that the Community link be renamed to Forums. After much discussion and deliberation concerning this topic, we have found that the word "Community" does very little to describe the forums, or the interaction between users. Most current Forum users only discovered the forums by accident.

Next, we would like more interaction in the community by the administrators. We aren't talking 60 posts a week, but would be nice if they would drop by occasionally and at least let us know that they acknowledge the existence of the forums.

We also discussed the possibility of implementing the use of Quests to stimulate activity in the forums. Such a plan would undoubtedly make the community easily noticeable to newcomers due to the want to achieve as many quests as possible, as well as insuring that they stick around and don't leave after posting 10 posts.

We also discussed the idea of you guys maybe using Facebook and Twitter to advertise the community. This would easily accomplish a fair increase in activity with little time or effort on the administrators part.

-

That's all I got so far, I'm working on the close to the email right now. Any wording changes or suggestions are appreciated. =D
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Actually I noticed the opposite, I've noticed that the tavern is slower and the WEPR section has come to a screeching halt compared to earlier in the year.

Anyways, nice draft Xeano. It's well written, so I like it.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Wait..you are sending one too?

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Who are you talking to? 0_0
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So do we continue post count? If we do someone needs to do 2009 for me for I won't be here during the week.

Who are you talking to? 0_0

xeano.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

@ Xeano

Awesome job Xeano! Send it out! This is definitely progress. =)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

We also discussed the idea of you guys maybe using Facebook and Twitter to advertise the community. This would easily accomplish a fair increase in activity with little time or effort on the administrators part.

Added: Seeing that AG has more than a hundred thousand followers on Twitter (and already has the blue tick of verification), and close to a million likes on Facebook, we strongly feel that this would come to fruition.

Ending: We hope that our you would duly consider our suggestions into improving the site, and apologize for any trouble caused.

Regards,

Blah blah.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Lets both send one. Multiple emails presenting these views in our own ways will help the community out in our own way. Just think, these emails could change the community forever... Exciting isn't it? =D

So do we continue post count? If we do someone needs to do 2009 for me for I won't be here during the week.

Post count is still underway. I'll take care of 2009 for you R2, no biggie. You did an awesome job! You're officially relieved of all duties. Thank you for your most valuable assistance. =D

@My man Nicho

I'll throw that in there. I was having a little trouble wording that part out... I'm not much for long, flowery emails... I'm more of the short and sweet type guy.

Blah blah.

Blah blah BLAH!!! Man, I've done more blabbing in this thread then any other for a lonnngggg time.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I'll throw that in there. I was having a little trouble wording that part out... I'm not much for long, flowery emails... I'm more of the short and sweet type guy.

It's alright. I'm forced to send dozens of emails out at work daily. :S

Was wondering if we would want to add in the names of people wanting to send this email off.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Was wondering if we would want to add in the names of people wanting to send this email off.

That is up to them. If they want their name in there, then can let me know.

Attention Volunteers! I need some reports on the post counting! Let me know if you're completed or not. (Don't need everything finished tomorrow, but I would really appreciate it if you would please submit a progress report, if you're going to be able to finish, ETC... That would be much appreciated. Failure to respond means the project will half fail, and you will be dishonorably discharged from your duties.)

Also Minotaur, I've requested that the threads name be changed to your suggestion. =D
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Well they changed the name, did you get a reply back yet?

Showing 106-120 of 428