ForumsThe TavernArmor Games Community Activity Initiative

428 73892
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Welcome! Please grab a cup of coffee, and one of those delicious donuts most kindly donated by R2.

As you can guess from the title, this is yet another attempt at solving the AG activity problem. This problem has been ever present since late 2010. Many reasons as to the cause have been presented, ranging from a much delayed release of AG3, to lacking of a community manager, or the end of the flash gaming era.

I do have a couple of ideas concerning activity and how to increase it. Whether these are the keys to solving the issues at hand or not is unbeknownst to me, but I most certainly feel it is definitely worth the effort.

I'm not going into details - yet. Firstly, I'm going to need a few volunteers. More the better, but not more then 20 (20, yeah right...) Don't volunteer then become inactive that would not be beneficial to anything.

• 428 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

If you meant that I see you on Twitter when it's 5am for you, I'm not going to talk to you, you should be asleep!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I was remembering one of the thousands of chats I've had with so many people.

Then earn them back. But with the many different people on here instead.

I just want the people back.

I feel your pain, truthfully. I've had many great friends on this site leave me. But when old friends go, new friends are sure to come by for tea.

I spent years using that name, I don't want to make another account and more friends that know me by a different name. If that makes sense to you.

It makes total sense. Just why not make the same username but add something to it? Like a number or word, that way you could still go by the same name, just with something added.

I quit due to personal reasons, none of which had anything to do with AG, besides the fact I was spending more time here than I should have at the time.

I'm not trying to bring back activity into your mind, but why not just visit once a week? That way you could still have good grades and ArmorGames to look forward to.

I would stay up until the ungodly hours of the morning talking with people.

Who didn't?

I just know that half of my old friends are gone and I'm not sure about how the community is now.

Like I said before make new ones, they may not be as memorable as your old ones but new friends always bring that smile.

The community has been getting an increase in activity so its not that bad. Its not Kongregate big(thank goodness) but hey the people on the Community are memorable, some in bad ways but they give us something to do.

So many wonderfuly creative people leaving sort of gets you down, man.

When old artists disappear, new ones come along. I'm pretty sure someone in history said that.
SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

I sleep during the day because I work at night, and all I do is work since I'm out of school.
STAY ON TOPIC, NICHO OR TAKE IT TO COMMENTS GOSH

SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

ah yes but why make another account so special if your old one can be fixed easily, eh?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

ah yes but why make another account so special if your old one can be fixed easily, eh?

If its so easy to be fixed, it doesen't seem that you're really trying to get it fixed. Plus the admins will probably need some proof to make sure that its you.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Then earn them back. But with the many different people on here instead.

Sometimes, we just want the people we know back, and not make new friends. Which is one of the problems that plagues our Forums..

Who didn't?

She does it alot. Alot. Alot.

Yes, back to comments. Omg, they should mod you.
SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

bro i just came back very recently as in this week or two days ago I dont even know of this ferret person. He/she was admin'ed during my off time.
if they need proof i have photo id really i posted in the faces thing a few times. besides anyone from ancient times knows me. ~
I'm not saying that the current community status is bad, bro. Im not attacking you either. just getting that in the open.

sorry for lack of caps and grammar and such im on my phone doing a lot of things and i dont have the thumb power to constantly shift all of my i's.

nicho i wouldnt want to be a mod i dont even follow all of the rules i would be a terrible mod you sarcastic sunnuvagun.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

if they need proof i have photo id really i posted in the faces thing a few times.

If that's what it'll take then go for it.

I'm not saying that the current community status is bad, bro. Im not attacking you either. just getting that in the open.

Oh I wasn't insulted if that's what you're saying. I was just saying that the Community has improved since Ye Olden days.
SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

Which Ye Olden days are you in reference to, ya wee lad?

Tapassum
Tapassum
5 posts
Nomad

Oh I wasn't insulted if that's what you're saying. I was just saying that the Community has improved since Ye Olden days.

Man you joined in '11.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Which Ye Olden days are you in reference to, ya wee lad?

2010, 2011, 2012. I don't know when you joined the community, I just know it was a long time ago.

Man you joined in '11.

I was talking about MoonFairy/SunPixie, not myself.
SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

'10. But as I said in that other thread, don't compare this current community to the one of the past because you don't know what it was like. Not that it is your fault, you just don't understand. If I could take you back to that time I really would, and you would see how big of a difference it was.
There were at least a dozen regularly updated AMW threads and a handful of contests going on. Everyone would critique everyone elses work and give advice and such. The Tavern wasn't filled with as much random stuff as it is now, and there were real conversations and debates filling the first few pages. WEPR was a horror but a fun horror if you knew how to present your debate. Forum games were insanely fun, even though they were filled with spam. The hardcore video gamers stuck to their areas of expertise and the Newbie area was actually okay and friendly.

I haven't been here recently for a long time, but most of the time it is just me you and Nicho talking in the Tavern, and a handful of other names i see constantly. The AMW is in shambles but I don't have the computer I need to go and help out over there because if I were to really critique things it would take forever even on a computer.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

don't compare this current community to the one of the past because you don't know what it was like.

Even though that is true, but a couple weeks ago Ferret(the newer one of all the admins) had said that 2013 community has actually gained more activity from the start than any other year. I'm not saying 2013 was a greater year than 2010, I'm saying 2013 is growing more in activity. Hopefully we won't start an argument over this because I'm really not in the mood for another argument today.

There were at least a dozen regularly updated AMW threads and a handful of contests going on.

Although the community is growing more, AMW however is not. Although I'm not fully surprised because its a forum that needs creativity for it to survive. That one needs saving.

but most of the time it is just me you and Nicho talking in the Tavern, and a handful of other names i see constantly.

Hmmm me and Nicho talking, that's a first.

The AMW is in shambles but I don't have the computer I need to go and help out over there because if I were to really critique things it would take forever even on a computer.

Believe me, if I knew how to draw, or write poems I'd try and post some and make the AMW forums grow a bit. But I can't because I don't know how. Well I guess I can do poetry but not art.
SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

I don't wanna argure either, bro.

You don't need to kno whow to draw to be in the AMW! all you have to do is offer your opinion on people who post things and BOOM you'll see an increase if people are actually getting feedback.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

*sigh* alright...rant time.

To start, I don't many disrespect towards you Moon..but you just happen to be a perfect embodiment of your fellow relics of the older generations.

Please, and I say this as politely and respectfully as I can...stop comparing us to the old generations. This goes for everyone. We are not the older generations.

Every single time one of you relics come back...it seems that you all just incessantly insult us and how our community has become, while at the same time glorifying your time. You all tout yourselves like you have this great admiration for the AG community, specifically your generation, yet I see nothing that would hint towards it.
If you truly cared about this community, then do what the people of this generation are doing and help us rebuild it to a bustling community again. Stop wandering it and insulting it, it is doing nothing other than reminding us of something that we had no control over and are trying to fix.

This also is a key difference I see between your generation and ours...your generation had great activity, while our generation has low...our generation cares about the welfare of the community, while your generation cares about how the community used to be.

Again, we get our community is nowhere near the bustling bucket of bouncing fun yours was..but that doesn't mean our community is a ****-hole. We have character out of the *** as well. We have also been trying for the past few months to make this place a "respectful" place again (although, I find this place **** respectful, and if you disagree, then let me direct you to all the ****s I give) and it isn't our fault that your generation is so blinded by your self-perceived greatness to see the awesome quality that exists in our generation.

So, yeah. Go team.

Showing 166-180 of 428