ForumsThe TavernArmor Games Community Activity Initiative

428 73880
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Welcome! Please grab a cup of coffee, and one of those delicious donuts most kindly donated by R2.

As you can guess from the title, this is yet another attempt at solving the AG activity problem. This problem has been ever present since late 2010. Many reasons as to the cause have been presented, ranging from a much delayed release of AG3, to lacking of a community manager, or the end of the flash gaming era.

I do have a couple of ideas concerning activity and how to increase it. Whether these are the keys to solving the issues at hand or not is unbeknownst to me, but I most certainly feel it is definitely worth the effort.

I'm not going into details - yet. Firstly, I'm going to need a few volunteers. More the better, but not more then 20 (20, yeah right...) Don't volunteer then become inactive that would not be beneficial to anything.

• 428 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

An Edit button is a more complicated fix. Also, editing can lead to trolling - so we would need to figure out how to approach that carefully.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Also, editing can lead to trolling - so we would need to figure out how to approach that carefully.

Have a change log for posts.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

So your answer for making a complex feature viable is to add complexity?

I mean, it's not off the table. But that's a bit harder to do. The reason you see it more frequently in other place is because most people use off-the-shelf forums, ours are made from scratch (with love).

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Could somebody help me gather a few interesting forum links to pass around to admins tomorrow? Just 3-4 would be good, and I can send them around to see if it gets them involved.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

How about this thread?

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

WoM or the General Relationship Thread. That is stickied though so you can fins it easily.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Looks like the change has taken place!

Whoo! GO FERRET! GO FERRET! YEAH!!!

This is the greatest day of my internet life (to a certain degree.) Thanks Ferret, now we just have to wait and see if it makes a difference... (Make sure and thank the others in the office, personally, from me.)

Could somebody help me gather a few interesting forum links to pass around to admins tomorrow? Just 3-4 would be good, and I can send them around to see if it gets them involved.

How's about... ">BOTB! That's a fairly popular thread.... Then again, maybe the Poetry contest?
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

I made a suggestion that could increase the activity of members of this forum
Its about attracting more visitors to visit the forum

[url]http://armorgames.com/community/thread/11646030/forum-modifications-suggestions/page/3#post-11676476[/url]

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Holy crap a lot has happened. The button change is awesome Ferret!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Gosh, I was looking over the threads you guys picked to send out the e-mail today. But the reality is we need to understand that a lot of other admins are busy folks, we want to keep the threads fairly simple. Even as great as some of the selection you picked are.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Alright, then how about quick threads like BotB or The Weekly Poll?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Perhaps this would be a good choice? It provides a box o' fun and variety! It's a nice compilation.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

It would be interesting to see where the Adkins would want to liveClick me!

other admins are busy folks

Busy playing Pandemic and Small World.
Showing 271-285 of 428