ForumsThe TavernArmor Games Community Activity Initiative

428 74172
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Welcome! Please grab a cup of coffee, and one of those delicious donuts most kindly donated by R2.

As you can guess from the title, this is yet another attempt at solving the AG activity problem. This problem has been ever present since late 2010. Many reasons as to the cause have been presented, ranging from a much delayed release of AG3, to lacking of a community manager, or the end of the flash gaming era.

I do have a couple of ideas concerning activity and how to increase it. Whether these are the keys to solving the issues at hand or not is unbeknownst to me, but I most certainly feel it is definitely worth the effort.

I'm not going into details - yet. Firstly, I'm going to need a few volunteers. More the better, but not more then 20 (20, yeah right...) Don't volunteer then become inactive that would not be beneficial to anything.

• 428 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

If they don't have much time, maybe they could greet a few newcomers or play some quick forum games.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I would definitely go for BOTB Ferret. The concept is so simple, yet competitive. Some of the funnest discussions of 2013 have been in there.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Sorry Ferret, I realize now my suggestion was a bit sidetracked and not really forum-related. :/

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Thank you, for the changes.

As for edit buttons, someone around here once suggested to have on display, both the edited and original posts, as a solution.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

both the edited and original posts, as a solution.

I feel as though that could get really confusing. Depends how it was done. Maybe hide the original unless you click to see it?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I feel as though that could get really confusing. Depends how it was done. Maybe hide the original unless you click to see it?

That's how the other Forums I use typically operate. Or, they might put the original in a conspicuous quotation box.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

That's how the other Forums I use typically operate. Or, they might put the original in a conspicuous quotation box.

How about just putting at the bottom of the post: Last edited on June 30th @ 10:00am?
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Thanks for all the suggestions. As far as an Edit button, this will likely be a harder thing to work on.

SunPixie
SunPixie
75 posts
Nomad

^at nicho but its really okay to not have an edit button. You can always repost or whatever.

Aaaand to keep this thread from turning into the Suggestions area, let's get back on track with the activity initiative! *hint hint*

Ah yeah sorry I've been gone for about a week. The forum tab is a very nice change. Maybe more people will come? Have come? Are coming? Is anyone trying to make nice with the new kids? Or are we still in shock from having a newly named button? There won't be much progrrss if no one really tries for it.
Later on today I will be combing through game comments and newcomer threads to do a few meet and greets then scope for any signs of intelligent life, or at least potential for it.

But yes if anyone has any more ideas on semi-forcing people to participate in the community (or forums whatever) then please step up.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Is anyone trying to make nice with the new kids?

I do, try. I forget about the Newcomer section a lot plus lots of people already greet the newbies and I don't want to smuther them.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Smother*?
Yeah I'm on a computer now so back to the *mostly* proper spelling and grammar stuffs. Huehuehue
Well instead of greeting them on the forums, try it on the profile! It's a bit more personal I guess. Better for conversation and such. Or both. But yeah, the point isn't just to meet and greet it's to reel them in. You don't just hook one and let it go! No!

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Huehuehue

...Is that supposed to be a laugh?

Well instead of greeting them on the forums, try it on the profile! It's a bit more personal I guess

Quite a few of the people I've done that with never check their profiles. How do we get around that?
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

..Is that supposed to be a laugh?

I suppose it's open to self interpretation, but yes.

Quite a few of the people I've done that with never check their profiles. How do we get around that?

Post in the forum greeting them, telling them to chat with you via profiles? Then take off from there.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

[quote]MoonFairy

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

Moon

Fairy
[/quote]

What sorcery is this?
MoonFairy