ForumsThe TavernArmor Games Community Activity Initiative

428 74090
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Welcome! Please grab a cup of coffee, and one of those delicious donuts most kindly donated by R2.

As you can guess from the title, this is yet another attempt at solving the AG activity problem. This problem has been ever present since late 2010. Many reasons as to the cause have been presented, ranging from a much delayed release of AG3, to lacking of a community manager, or the end of the flash gaming era.

I do have a couple of ideas concerning activity and how to increase it. Whether these are the keys to solving the issues at hand or not is unbeknownst to me, but I most certainly feel it is definitely worth the effort.

I'm not going into details - yet. Firstly, I'm going to need a few volunteers. More the better, but not more then 20 (20, yeah right...) Don't volunteer then become inactive that would not be beneficial to anything.

• 428 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

You better still frequently come by Strop. Or at least email me. You are my favorite horse person. Also my least favorite seeing how you are the only one I know but that is besides the point.

Do we even have enough mods for each section?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Sarcastic humor just goes over your heads, doesn't it? I'm a comedic genius, and nobody appreciates it...

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I do NOT approve of that idea.

Mainly because I have no idea who this Kega person is and he/she being in charge of the AMW which is basically my home here is not comforting. Just as an example, though. A lot of the users already know all of the mods and I'm sure would rather have them all in every part instead of just one.

I like having mods in all parts of the forums whenever they want. I mean it isn't like there is so much going on that they can't handle everything, so keeping one mod to one area would be a waste of time.

I would quit too, Strop, if I had to be in charge of the WEPR...

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

http://cdn.meme.li/instances/400x/39598385.jpg

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

What gives you that idea... *cough* LOL

Whoah! I made a mod laugh. *Achievement unlocked*

I'm about to tender my indefinite resignation now that the WoM tournament I've been updating is just about done.

You're permanent resignation from Moderation, or from AG? We don't want you to leave for good. Make sure and pop back in once in a while. You make everything better! (I guess....)

And I'm not just saying that because you suggested I do WEPR

Those were just examples. Da mod-squad can dispute among themselves which section they get. (Good thing you're leaving Strop. These things tend to get violent.)

Do we even have enough mods for each section?

Get some new ones over time as we become more active.

Sarcastic humor just goes over your heads, doesn't it? I'm a comedic genius, and nobody appreciates it...

You're not alone, man. I have the same issue. Nobody laughs around here.

Mainly because I have no idea who this Kega person is and he/she being in charge of the AMW which is basically my home here is not comforting.

Those were just examples, don't take them seriously. Did y'all not see the E.G. at the start of the sentence? This is Kega (kegaumongo to be exact). She's awesome, I would trust her with the AMW... Her or Gantic. (Don't be so quick to think I would put some weirdo in charge of AMW... What kind of person do you think I am? At least I didn't stick Voidy over there.)

A lot of the users already know all of the mods and I'm sure would rather have them all in every part instead of just one.

I worded my first post really bad... Phew!

I was thinking that the Moderators would be assigned to a section (E.G. Mod-1 be assigned to the Tavern) to provide a constant presence to the section, as well as giving a go-to mod for any assistance or questions. It would provide faster response times to any errors (like mine in the BOTB last weekend, and guarantee that a moderator is watching everything. Don't get me wrong, they wouldn't be stuck in one area. They could patrol around, but just be the one responsible for that one section, if you get what I mean.
-

A.G.C.A.I proposal: 2013-03
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I was thinking that the Moderators would be assigned to a section (E.G. Mod-1 be assigned to the Tavern) to provide a constant presence to the section, as well as giving a go-to mod for any assistance or questions. It would provide faster response times to any errors (like mine in the BOTB last weekend, and guarantee that a moderator is watching everything. Don't get me wrong, they wouldn't be stuck in one area. They could patrol around, but just be the one responsible for that one section, if you get what I mean.

Just be prepared when Mod#4-5 aren't active when some terrible crisis happens in The Tavern and the rest are powerless to lock/delete threads!
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Mainly because I have no idea who this Kega person is and he/she being in charge of the AMW which is basically my home here is not comforting.

Those were just examples, don't take them seriously. Did y'all not see the E.G. at the start of the sentence?

y u no read my post
Mainly because I have no idea who this Kega person is and he/she being in charge of the AMW which is basically my home here is not comforting. Just as an example, though

At least I didn't stick Voidy over there.)

I actually love Voidy.

I would not want Gantic jussayin he's too much for me sorry he scares me

Just be prepared when Mod#4-5 aren't active when some terrible crisis happens in The Tavern and the rest are powerless to lock/delete threads

this
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

What is the purpose of this topic, empty talk, philosophy, or nostalgia?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

You should know better than to use sarcastic humour a) on the internet b) in a thread where Patrick is active :P

Also you were being rather contrarian lately, so I thought you might have been trying to keep up the mood

---

Back to the topic on hand, though, I'm not sure that mandatory assignment of a mod to a single section of the forum is a good idea, Moonfairy's posts indirectly demonstrate why: it may cause community discord because different mods have differing rapport with different users, and then we'll have to deal with all kinds of demands for one mod to be assigned to a different unit etc. etc. We actually operate better as an oligarchy (insofar as this entire website is still practically a monarchy), it's just that we have to find a way to cover other sections better as a whole... because frankly I know if I stick my head into WEPR I'm going to start knocking heads.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

because frankly I know if I stick my head into WEPR I'm going to start knocking heads.

Maybe you should do that... It might be fun to watch and somewhat productive.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Gonna post again sorry

What is the purpose of this topic, empty talk, philosophy, or nostalgia?

Well maybe you might want to at least graze through the 30 some odd pages before you go sticking your head in a place where you don't know what is going on. I can appreciate your art but that doesn't mean I have to appreciate your criticism and condescending tone, sir. So what if it is empty talk? This is the Tavern, empty talk is 70% of this whole place. I don't know where you would find philosophy in this but whatever. Nostaglia is actually a big part of this because it's the community and it's dealing with activity issues. Of course the past community would come into play because the past community was pretty friggin active. Ideas stemming from the older AG time should be taken into consideration if you wanted to attempt at fixing the inactivity thing. So like I said before, don't comment on something you don't know about.

tl;dr CHECK YO SELF BEFORE YOU WRECK YO SELF.
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Now you talk like a politician.
It seems to me that the topic is Armor Games Community Activity Initiative,
and not only The Tavern Community Activity Initiative.

Try searching proposals in this topic.Did you found some?

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

The goal of question:
"What is the purpose of this topic, empty talk, philosophy, or nostalgia?"
is for the greater good.Nothing personal.
Its here to cause feelings,whether if they are good or bad.

A good community is based on various individuals.
We're not all the same person,nor we should be.
Favouring some users makes them pretentious persons,
so when they do something wrong,no one says anything to them.
And often they are treated with laxity.
Is it respect or fear or apathy or we simply want to get a favor from that person?

Everyone has the rights to express its opinion.
Everyone needs to be heard and we all should respect all members of commynity!No one is almighty and all-knowing. With that attitude we've come here,where are we now!And of course we all make mistakes,so we should help each other and not just stand aside or doing nothing or just respond something superficia to increase the count of post by one.

When people share ideas and discuss about problems,their communication is improving.And when in all this they involve emotions then it must be something great.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

ivanxxxxxxx...what the what

Did you..did you just go sentimental on us and explain to us what we already know about how coming together for a common goal is a good thing?

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Yes I did.
We surely know this, but somehow we forgot it.

Showing 346-360 of 428