ForumsThe TavernArmor Games Community Activity Initiative

428 74088
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Welcome! Please grab a cup of coffee, and one of those delicious donuts most kindly donated by R2.

As you can guess from the title, this is yet another attempt at solving the AG activity problem. This problem has been ever present since late 2010. Many reasons as to the cause have been presented, ranging from a much delayed release of AG3, to lacking of a community manager, or the end of the flash gaming era.

I do have a couple of ideas concerning activity and how to increase it. Whether these are the keys to solving the issues at hand or not is unbeknownst to me, but I most certainly feel it is definitely worth the effort.

I'm not going into details - yet. Firstly, I'm going to need a few volunteers. More the better, but not more then 20 (20, yeah right...) Don't volunteer then become inactive that would not be beneficial to anything.

• 428 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

@Sal

I think you need a vacation Sal. A good long vacation. ^^

and a big whopping ^ to his whole post.

A nice bolded and italicized one to that as well ^^
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

I've reached it twice actually.

Oh you're cool.
HopeRidesAlone
HopeRidesAlone
17 posts
Nomad

Being active yourself is the only way to encourage community activity. Come up with a thread :P

Or just make every forum post worth 1,000,000 armorpoints :P Or...now I guess it's just 1,000,000 forum posts? lol

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Being active yourself is the only way to encourage community activity. Come up with a thread :P

That's not the issue. The problem is getting new users to participate... This is quite the problem.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

And as Skater and I pointed out, they aren't going to participate if there isn't any activity to participate in

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

And as Skater and I pointed out, they aren't going to participate if there isn't any activity to participate in

How do we GET them to participate? We have the activity, there are threads all over this place, but where are the newcomers?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

How do we GET them to participate?

You don't. You can advertise the forum and hope they use it.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

How do we GET them to participate? We have the activity, there are threads all over this place, but where are the newcomers?

This is stuff I've already pointed out.

We do not have the activity. We have some activity, but not much in comparison to other forums. The threads that are all over the place are dying threads because no one comments in them.

We get them to participating by offering them a place that is worth their time to participate in.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

A bit late here, what's going on? Thaboss has decided to become active again; how can he help?

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

A bit late here, what's going on?

Better late then never, but I'm afraid this thread has about fulfilled its purpose. Some of the greatest discussion in the history of AG has been conducted in this thread.

Thaboss has decided to become active again; how can he help?

Make newcomers feel welcome, create new threads, post everywhere... That's about as much as any one individual can do.
-

Well, I guess this thread has about had it. Our yearly summit on Activity has been conducted, and concluded. Any final statements before I request the thread to be locked up? (Not closing because of Sal, but rather because I was going to have it locked anyway before he opened his big trap.)
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

A statement from pang.

Go post. Stop wasting all your time trying to find a quirky/creative way to initiate activity and actually initiate it yourself. Don't let threads die, and don't be afraid or disheartened to post in a thread.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Stop wasting all your time trying to find a quirky/creative way to initiate activity and actually initiate it yourself.

Are you quite through with bagging on me and my thread? Did this thread stop activity in the Community? No. Is this thread the center of activity? No. Do I or anyone else only post in this thread? No.

Please note! If you're going to post in this thread, DO NOT repeat what pang, and everyone else has been saying for the past week. I'm tired of it, and I consider it a personal insult (since I made the thread and I'm maintaining it, and you guys are making me feel like I'm doing something wrong.)
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

You didn't do anything wrong xeano. The fact is that it is very difficult to raise activity. Whether there is activity is controlled by the users. If they opt to do nothing and think about the old days, fine. At least you tried, xeano. Points for effort. The reason you are getting bashed is because there have been a lot of these threads due to other users (*cough* sal) trying to do the same thing. They all generally come to the same conclusion. People need to better the community individually. Group things like this don't really work, so it's not your fault. People just need to go and post of their own free will. That's how it gets better. Now were just sitting pointing fingers and nothing is being done. Good try xeano, but these sort of thread all come to the same conclusion. Just go post and maybe it will get better.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'm tired of it, and I consider it a personal insult

Relax..if I'm insulting you, I apologize. As pick already said...the idea is a nice one, but in due time it just turns out to be counter-productive. When this first started I was excited about the idea.. but as it continued on I saw that instead of filling our times with posting in threads and making activity ourselves, we were just thinking of ways that could possibly-maybe-potentially-oh ever so slightly get newbies to possibly-maybe-potentially-oh ever so slightly to get on the forums and start creating activity for us.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Relax..if I'm insulting you, I apologize.

It's not so much you, but everyone repeating the same thing. You know, like that story about the Mom nagging the kid?

After the initial success, I had considered closing the thread, but I thought I would see if it could still produce anything, so I decided to wait a while. Obviously I didn't get the results I had hoped for, and I am going to close the thread (by tomorrow.)
Showing 406-420 of 428