ForumsThe Tavern

Armor Games Community Activity Initiative

Thread Locked

Posted May 25, '13 at 1:27pm

xeano321

xeano321

3,037 posts

Knight

Welcome! Please grab a cup of coffee, and one of those delicious donuts most kindly donated by R2.

As you can guess from the title, this is yet another attempt at solving the AG activity problem. This problem has been ever present since late 2010. Many reasons as to the cause have been presented, ranging from a much delayed release of AG3, to lacking of a community manager, or the end of the flash gaming era.

I do have a couple of ideas concerning activity and how to increase it. Whether these are the keys to solving the issues at hand or not is unbeknownst to me, but I most certainly feel it is definitely worth the effort.

I'm not going into details - yet. Firstly, I'm going to need a few volunteers. More the better, but not more then 20 (20, yeah right...) Don't volunteer then become inactive that would not be beneficial to anything.

Posted May 25, '13 at 1:39pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

This may work for a few weeks then everyone will lose interest, just like the other hundred of these threads. You can't make people use the site and frankly this forum isn't all that interesting. You could make some interesting threads, but it'll just be the same old people that are here now and those threads will also give out within a few weeks if they require any sort of work.

It had to be said, best friend.

Posted May 25, '13 at 1:51pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

And we're the three best friends that anybody could have. We're the three best friends that anyone could have. We're the three best friends that anyone could have. And we'll never ever ever ever ever leave eachother. We're the best three friends that anyone could have. I mean the three best friends that anyone could have. Cuz we're the three best friends that anybody could have...

I'm in

Posted May 25, '13 at 2:30pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,477 posts

I never become inactive. I'm in.

For starters, they could change Community to Forum so people know what the heck it is. Maybe add links at the bottom of games so users can properly report bugs and stuff instead of complaining in the comments.

Posted May 25, '13 at 4:07pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

5,896 posts

Sorry Xeano, but I agree with Matrix. The people who are active come together to raise activity among the active crowd, thus the active people are still active and nothing happens. Im not being pessimistic, just realistic. There is no way to really fix it other than make it more interesting. Besides, now is exams time (at least for me), I wouldnt count on a huge increase in activity. The summer should bring some people back....
That being said, I would sign up to raise your moral, but I have exams soon and I simply dont have time.
If you still have room when im done, then maybe.

Posted May 25, '13 at 6:33pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,715 posts

Meh, my track season is pretty much over, so I'll volunteer. I don't need to study for exams; the A's will come anyway.

This probably won't work, like others said, but at least it will be an interesting thread to post in for the time being.

Posted May 25, '13 at 7:02pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

maybe when you've gone into detail...

i made some people play the game on AG. but it's not very likely they are going to join the forum. they have their forums elsewhere.

the end of the flash gaming era

flash games are booming due to app's on smartphones.
a website community is in that market not a priority anymore. because people play the games from their own device instead of online.

Posted May 25, '13 at 8:22pm

wflag10

wflag10

1,250 posts

Try again in the summer, many people are having exams right now (me included).

For starters, they could change Community to Forum

Please do, I didn't even know Armor Games had a forum until I accidentley clicked on "Community".

Posted May 25, '13 at 10:19pm

Graham

Graham

8,362 posts

The only impact users/mods can have is at persuading administrators to do things.

Posted May 25, '13 at 11:23pm

xeano321

xeano321

3,037 posts

Knight

@Matrix

Matrix ol' buddy, can't you be a little more encouraging? I mean, starting the thread off with that post pretty much killed my whole effort dear friend.

There is no way to really fix it other than make it more interesting.

Very nicely put pick. That's why we are here.

Try again in the summer, many people are having exams right now (me included).

I'm trying to get it done before summer. Activity is going to croak when everyone goes on vacations to Florida and stuff.

a website community is in that market not a priority anymore. because people play the games from their own device instead of online.

Competition from that stuff is rather stiff. We need a new gimmick to get some attention.

The only impact users/mods can have is at persuading administrators to do things.

We all know that already.

Okay... This is not starting off good. Only three other volunteers other then me? *groans*

Don't give up on me yet. At least give my idea(s) a go.