ForumsPopular MediaDisney Bought Star Wars

27 12338
Mr_Casas
Mr_Casas
68 posts
Peasant

WAHT WILL HAPPEN?! Do you think George Lucas's choice to sell Star Wars to Disney a good choice or a bad choice, any predictions or news you've heard about Episode 7, share here!

• 27 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

the news already kinda died here. =P

Mr_Casas
Mr_Casas
68 posts
Peasant

Then lets bring it back.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I think what you want us to do is called necroing. You seem a little to persistent to be very old, too. Maybe ten years at the most.

Mr_Casas
Mr_Casas
68 posts
Peasant

Hey, this was made four days ago. ^

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

He's talking about the other thread you were talking about.

The Starwars thread didn't die that long ago. I don't see a reason for it to not come back.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

The Starwars thread didn't die that long ago. I don't see a reason for it to not come back.
Because the risk still exists that they will cast Miley Cyrus as my sister, I don't want to die on Miley Cyrus' lightsaber. (with a musical number to accompany my death)

(It is DISNEY, anything could happen)

~~~Darth Caedus
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Man, I better go power up the death star we left in Saturn's orbit and destroy this puny world before this happens.

I wonder if Lucas is ready for extraction.

http://wanderingspace.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/mimas-portrait.jpg

~~~Darth Caedus

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Because the risk still exists that they will cast Miley Cyrus as my sister, I don't want to die on Miley Cyrus' lightsaber.

Woah, woah, woah they're putting Miley Cyrus in there? Aw c'mon Disney! Stop ruining Star Wars even more than it was!
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i 1st gotta see it. we can make assumptions how bad it will be, because it is disney, etc, etc. but it might just aswell turn out all good magically.

4 billion to charity was a good start. dont forget that

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

I bet they're already writing the musical numbers.......

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

They did pretty good with the Pirates of The Carribean. I see no reason why they would mess up Star Wars.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

They did pretty good with the Pirates of The Carribean. I see no reason why they would mess up Star Wars.
The popular opinion seems to be that this statement is only true if you ignore the fourth one, and besides, it had Johnny Depp, how could it not be good.

I know they sometimes stop their retardedness, but if they intend to put it on disney channel, you know it will feature my sister singing a musical number as she kills me.

I really hope they follow the current extended universe and do the Yuuzhan Vong war, that would be epic (partially because that is when I have my best moment (at the very end when I kill whats-his-face)).

~~~Darth Caedus
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I bet they're already writing the musical numbers.......

Why does every Disney movie need singing? I mean, really. Could you imagine Darth Vader singing about the Death Star with Troopers dancing around? Could you imagine Yoda singing some voodoo songs about light sabers?
Could you?
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Why does every Disney movie need singing? I mean, really. Could you imagine Darth Vader singing about the Death Star with Troopers dancing around? Could you imagine Yoda singing some voodoo songs about light sabers?
Could you?

Thanks for giving ideas to Disney, Gandalf. But to answer your question, Disney could imagine those things, and I believe their going to use them.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I don't get why people think Disney is all about musicals and movies that appeal to little kids. They made plenty of excellent shows for adults/teens/whatnot.

Showing 1-15 of 27