Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Disney Bought Star Wars

Posted May 31, '13 at 3:36pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

i 1st gotta see it. we can make assumptions how bad it will be, because it is disney, etc, etc. but it might just aswell turn out all good magically.

4 billion to charity was a good start. dont forget that ;)

Posted May 31, '13 at 6:23pm

wflag10

wflag10

1,241 posts

I bet they're already writing the musical numbers.......

Posted Jun 1, '13 at 1:46pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

464 posts

They did pretty good with the Pirates of The Carribean. I see no reason why they would mess up Star Wars.

Posted Jun 1, '13 at 4:50pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,191 posts

They did pretty good with the Pirates of The Carribean. I see no reason why they would mess up Star Wars.

The popular opinion seems to be that this statement is only true if you ignore the fourth one, and besides, it had Johnny Depp, how could it not be good.

I know they sometimes stop their retardedness, but if they intend to put it on disney channel, you know it will feature my sister singing a musical number as she kills me.

I really hope they follow the current extended universe and do the Yuuzhan Vong war, that would be epic (partially because that is when I have my best moment (at the very end when I kill whats-his-face)).

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Jun 2, '13 at 9:48am

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,791 posts

I bet they're already writing the musical numbers.......

Why does every Disney movie need singing? I mean, really. Could you imagine Darth Vader singing about the Death Star with Troopers dancing around? Could you imagine Yoda singing some voodoo songs about light sabers?
Could you?

Posted Jun 2, '13 at 10:13am

wflag10

wflag10

1,241 posts

Why does every Disney movie need singing? I mean, really. Could you imagine Darth Vader singing about the Death Star with Troopers dancing around? Could you imagine Yoda singing some voodoo songs about light sabers?
Could you?

Thanks for giving ideas to Disney, Gandalf. But to answer your question, Disney could imagine those things, and I believe their going to use them.

Posted Jun 2, '13 at 10:14am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,883 posts

Knight

I don't get why people think Disney is all about musicals and movies that appeal to little kids. They made plenty of excellent shows for adults/teens/whatnot.

Posted Jun 2, '13 at 12:17pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,191 posts

I don't get why people think Disney is all about musicals and movies that appeal to little kids. They made plenty of excellent shows for adults/teens/whatnot.

If you count High School Musical, Pixar, and Marvel

The reason for the bias is that if you have a sister younger than 19, chances are they watch Disney channel, and if they watch disney channel, chances are there will be singing, also, 90% of the main characters in disney shows are females who end up being singers.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Jun 4, '13 at 11:25am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,883 posts

Knight

Pixar, and Marvel

Marvel, appeals to little kids? As far as people are concerned, not only kids are enthralled by Iron Man, or the Avengers, or Captain America.

The reason for the bias is that if you have a sister younger than 19, chances are they watch Disney channel, and if they watch disney channel, chances are there will be singing, also, 90% of the main characters in disney shows are females who end up being singers.

19? I don't know what girls you mix with, but girls grow out of that pretty fast.

Posted Jun 4, '13 at 11:30am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,191 posts

19? I don't know what girls you mix with, but girls grow out of that pretty fast.

Well actually, only one of my sisters watches it, and she isn't in high school till august, but she doesn't show any signs of stopping.

~~~Darth Caedus

Reply to Disney Bought Star Wars

You must be logged in to post a reply!