ForumsGamesPs4 Vs. Xbox One

22 6890
jerrymak1
jerrymak1
39 posts
Nomad

Anything About The Console Wars Put Here!! I Myself have been on PlayStation Nation since the Ps1. And Im gonna stay. Why would i but the xbox one if i have to pay for: Xbox Live, The Console, The Kenectic,Then all the Tv Subscriptions and what not? Playstation Nation! Disagree? Post here!

• 22 Replies
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

This is being discussed in the XBox reveal thread. Besides, we don't even know that much about the PS4. I think any in-depth comparison of the consoles before E3 is premature.

KayHai
KayHai
13 posts
Peasant

PS4 because of superior graphics. Call me a graphics *****, I dont care, because its completely true

Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

Well PS4 looks way better right now becuase of all the stuff that jerrymak said that X1 will have, but I think it's little bit too early to compere them.

PS4 because of superior graphics.

How do you know that?
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

How do you know that?

We sort of know the specs of both consoles, and the PS4 is ahead, yet again. But it will likely be the same scenario as right now, where the difference is entirely negligible, even though the PS3 is technically superior. I could be wrong though.

Why would i but the xbox one if i have to pay for: Xbox Live, The Console, The Kenectic,Then all the Tv Subscriptions and what not?
You still don't know how everything is priced. It will likely be sold at a loss, like most consoles are at launch day. Having an attractive price tag at launch that competes with the PS4 is essential, Microsoft aren't idiots. Well, not enough not to know that.

Before we know the price points of both consoles, this sort of value comparison is futile. Again... this discussion is premature.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

We sort of know the specs of both consoles, and the PS4 is ahead, yet again. But it will likely be the same scenario as right now, where the difference is entirely negligible, even though the PS3 is technically superior. I could be wrong though.

In fairness, the reason why the difference is hard to tell is mostly because no developer is spending the time to fully optimize a particular console version compared to the other. So multiplatform games will most likely be downgraded to run on the weaker platform.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

In fairness, the reason why the difference is hard to tell is mostly because no developer is spending the time to fully optimize a particular console version compared to the other. So multiplatform games will most likely be downgraded to run on the weaker platform.
That is true.
Now that I think of it, since both new consoles have a far more PC-like architecture than this generation, making games that scale in quality with hardware (like PC games do) may be a lot easier for developers this time around. Lord knows it took them awhile to figure out the full power of these consoles. Maybe the PS4 will have noticeably better performance. Or maybe the specs are so close (and they really are quite close) that it won't make a difference.

Or maybe I'm talking out of my ***! Nobody's played a game on both consoles yet, so it's impossible to know. The time for claiming one console's superiority is after both their release dates.

So if you'll let me quote myself one more time:

Again... this discussion is premature.
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

PS4 because it ain't just TV, TV, TV, Better kenect... hopefully... also the name
Xbox One, do they think the Xbox and Xbox 360 are sh*t or what with the name.
Excet (bad spelling there) meaning it will be number one in the next gen consoles.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

At least wait for the PS4's E3 conference when they actually let us know what it really is

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

At least wait for the PS4's E3 conference when they actually let us know what it really is
Yeah, pretty much what I'm saying. We haven't had an event for the PS4 that's equivalent of what Microsoft did for the XBox. They detailed a lot of software features. What we know about the PS4 are a few games that are coming for it, the specs, and that there will be no always-online BS on it.

It'll be pretty funny when we see some of the same features people are bashing on the XBox being announced for the PS4. They won't be announced quite the same way, Sony will look at the gigantic "**** no" that the community gave the XBox One and focus way more on the actual gaming aspects, but they'll be there.
Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

Looking at news currently revealed to us, PS4 seems to be taking Gaming seriously with a large emphasis on social aspects and other miscellaneous things like connectivity and such.

Xbox One seems to be taking the opposite approach.

Overall, PS4 looks better for actual gaming, so that's what I'm placing my bets on.

jerrymak1
jerrymak1
39 posts
Nomad

Most of you guys are right we dont know enough about the Ps4 to say whether or not it is superior to the Xbox One, but from what we do know its better for TRUE Gamers. The Xbox One Appeals To a Larger Variety of People because of all the new connections with everything in your living room but as it Appeals to more people its losing the majority of its Xbox 360 Fanboys to the Ps4 cause of what Sony has released about its Games. Face it GAMERS LOVE GAMES!

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

but from what we do know its better for TRUE Gamers.

How do you know that? Sources? The PS4 pretty much has only released what they think might appeal to people and we don't know if it is true yet. A bunch of people thought the Iphone 5 Was going to have a holographic keyboard because of a video that someone posted on Youtube.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Will my VHS tapes play on the XBox one? I do hope so...I'd hate to have to buy one of those new confounded "DVD's" to watch my movies

HappyFaceaNinja
HappyFaceaNinja
55 posts
Nomad

PS4 all the way!!!

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Will my VHS tapes play on the XBox one? I do hope so...I'd hate to have to buy one of those new confounded "DVD's" to watch my movies

I hope it can play my old cassettes, and while im at it, it should be able to toast my bread. Im thinking it should have a small built in refrigerator as well. That and it should have a turntable for those old vinyls. And i should be built into the TV/monitor like an apple computer
Showing 1-15 of 22