Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Blacksmithing community??

Posted May 27, '13 at 12:03pm

toemas

toemas

315 posts

As none of you know I blacksmith! I have made all kinds of art and knives, but now I want to know if there are any AG smiths! I think I met one guy but he didn’t reply to me XD
anyway I would love to find some people to share ideas with (if there are any)
BLACKSMITHS UNITE!!!!!

Posted May 27, '13 at 1:49pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

I've made about a thousand iron daggers in Skyrim, if that counts.

But will you post photos of your works?

Posted May 27, '13 at 1:52pm

toemas

toemas

315 posts

i will try to post some pics but im not sure how i think i could get my dad to help me.

Posted May 27, '13 at 5:28pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,155 posts

Six years and we finally have a user who blacksmiths in a Medieval-themed community. It's a sign!

What you do is you take a picture of your works with a camera that can link to your computer, you upload them to your computer, THEN you upload them to a Photobucket or Imageshack account. This is so your pictures can be read in a PNG, JPG, or BMP format. Then you post the link here and we all get to see what you made!

Posted May 27, '13 at 6:32pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,259 posts

Knight

Personally, I've never forged a weapon of steel before. But I do have to say, Blacksmithing interests me! I know how to blacksmith, I studied it for a while, I just don't have the resources (iron ore, anvils, etc etc). One day I will attempt to make a sword, but for now, I need funds for that.

My dream is to forge a Zweihänder sword out of crucible steel. I've developed a recipe designed to remove 98% of slag from the steel, I just haven't put this recipe to the test yet. I'd also like to experiment with daggers and such, see where that goes. Over all, I love blacksmithing.

Posted May 28, '13 at 1:25pm

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

toemas, could you make me a knife?

I want to see your works, also.

Posted May 28, '13 at 8:11pm

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,180 posts

Iron is cheap, a forge can be easily made, and most of all the biggest resource I would say is time and effort. Relatively speaking iron is one of the cheapest and most common materials around, scrap yards tend to price the stuff really low

Anyways I would like to see your workshop :D dunno I just read a few books on it and watched some youtube videos lol

Posted May 29, '13 at 9:48am

toemas

toemas

315 posts

@Minotaur55 that great that you’re interested! I have one word of advice though, before you try to make a sword or dagger you must get some experience under your belt! You really need to have all the basic before you try anything (hammer control, how to tend a fire ect) it takes most people about 15-25 times before they can make a good nail!
Here are some great websites to look at and find some info on getting a forge and anvil

@light I will not make any promises about a knife because it takes a lot of time and I already said I would give 3-4 knifes to people. I’m not saying no though.

I’m working on a knife for myself and a railroad spike tomahawk at the moment, I will post them when there done.

Posted May 29, '13 at 9:51am

toemas

toemas

315 posts

[url=http://www.abana.org/]

[url=http://www.anvilfire.com/]
hope these work.

Posted May 29, '13 at 10:54am

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

Use photobucket, then right click then do image info, then copy the direct link.  then press the image button.

Reply to Blacksmithing community??

You must be logged in to post a reply!