315 posts

these are links to blacksmithing sites

Posted May 29, '13 at 12:04pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,583 posts

First link.
Second link.

I hope to see your work. I'm more intrested in swords and knives than a gun.

Posted Jun 6, '13 at 5:20pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

464 posts

I'm currently in metal fabrication in school. We do the same thing, just with larger machines and with torches instead of a forge. Becoming a professional blacksmith is my dream job, and I'm hoping to get into an apprenticeship after highschool.

Posted Jun 7, '13 at 5:36pm

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

4,753 posts

I didn't realize blacksmiths still existed in a professional sense, I would expect that most of their utility has been replaced by mass production, or is it more in the artistic sense?

Posted Jun 10, '13 at 12:43am

xeano321

xeano321

2,598 posts

Knight

Wow... A lone person keeping the rapidly declining art alive! You should be commended...

What's the coolest thing you've made? A gold horseshoe maybe?

Posted Jun 10, '13 at 11:29am

toemas

toemas

315 posts

@kyouzou
yes, blacksmithing is more of a artistic craft compared to 200-300 years ago when blacksmiths made everything from guns and padlocks to nails and spoons, I know a lot of scroll workers who make gates and art (I know one guy who was paid to make 1500 OF THE SAMETHING if you want to call that mass production) but I also know world renowned bladesmiths that make beautiful and functional blades.

@xeano321
I’m glad to tell you you’re wrong! the blacksmithing community is thriving and coming to life more and more.I would say the coolest thing I’ve made is not done yet I’m making a knife for myself and it looks legit at the moment (I will post pic shortly) I’m done with 95% of the rough forging and now I need to grind temper and put a handle on it.

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 3:50pm

djme

djme

80 posts

I AM A BLACKSMITH TOO. you probably knew that though, since you're kinda my brother and all.

Posted Jun 17, '13 at 5:50pm

Raynethx

Raynethx

50 posts

hmmm count me in

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 12:33am

xeano321

xeano321

2,598 posts

Knight

I’m glad to tell you you’re wrong!

No... That must be... It has to be... It cannot be anything other then a MISTAKE!! I'M NEVER WRONG!!! NOOOO!!!.... Wait a minute... Who cares?

I’ve made is not done yet I’m making a knife for myself

A knife? Wow... That's quite the undertaking.

You making it out of Iron or Steel?

Posted Jun 27, '13 at 7:29am

Raynethx

Raynethx

50 posts

well katana's usually made using tamahagane engraved pattern steel or damascus steel 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtulTGxJdDc was wondering who you were talking to xeano321 -.- Digitally i'am not very good ideas i am good at though

Reply to Blacksmithing community??

You must be logged in to post a reply!