ForumsGamesStar wars: The Old Republic?

7 7041
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

I checked through 3 pages of this subforum (phew) and haven't found a thread like this, which I think is not good. So, any SWTOR players out there?

• 7 Replies
HappySunFlow
HappySunFlow
28 posts
Farmer

Apparently there aren't many Old Republic players here, but I for one am looking forward to playing it for the first time. I played through KotOR 1 and 2 and I enjoyed both games immensely. I hope that SWTOR is equally good (and judging from reviews, it is, evidently, quite interesting)

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I hope that SWTOR is equally good (and judging from reviews, it is, evidently, quite interesting)

It is fun, but I stopped playing it for one simple reason.

The game crashes a lot. And not just crashes, but completely, utterly screws your computer over. You have to pull the plug and manually reboot, otherwise you're stuck staring at the same frozen image forever. Task manager doesn't even work, nor do any other types of commands. It happens probably, on average once every ~2 hours of game play.
Acutsef
Acutsef
1 posts
Farmer

I recently picked up KOTOR 1 and 2 in a bargin bin bundle. Sweetest deal ever. I wish i had the data allowance to do The Old Republic justice.

dragon492
dragon492
1 posts
Peasant

is there swtor or are you only talking about?

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I got TOR because it was free and I wanted to make a virtual paper doll in space. The I remembered it was a BioWare game so the character customization is unequivocally awful. But I endured it and the bad plot until I got my like advanced class or whatever. I picked tank because I'm cool and picked up a green lightsaber crystal. Then I rejected romance because of the jedi code.

So basically what I'm saying is I'm done. I have no further reason to play.

exitpathuser
exitpathuser
154 posts
Nomad

The game crashes a lot. And not just crashes, but completely, utterly screws your computer over

Does your computer meet the requirements? I found that that hasn't happened to me.
Wilagins
Wilagins
2 posts
Nomad

I used to play, before it went free to play and a while after until it just got boring. Same stuff over and over if you have more than one or two characters it gets dull, and the gear/training is way too cookie cutter after beta testing and playing that old Starwars game until it changed.

Showing 1-7 of 7