ForumsNews and Feedbackgame advertisement

4 3642
endymionrose
endymionrose
3 posts
Peasant

Been playing Dawn of the Dragons, and I have noticed an advertisement that pops up for "Interlocked" around 50% of the time. As I actually pay money to play DotD, I would like to know of a way to disable this ad. It wouldn't even bug me as much, if the ad allowed the game to load, while waiting for the ad delay to kick in so I can close it, because I can assure you just from that ad popping up, I will never play "Interlocked", just to spite whoever decided it was a good idea to make it pop up so much. If you guys want to place ads so much, put them at the bottom or top of the screen or something, instead of forcing them on us. Thank you for your time, and have a nice day.

• 4 Replies
stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Adblock. I never tried it myself but it would be my first choice. I hear good things about it all the time. However, I'm not sure if it would block advertisements within a flash game...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

However, I'm not sure if it would block advertisements within a flash game...

It does.
endymionrose
endymionrose
3 posts
Peasant

tried adblock, and while it stops the content from being shown, the pop up box is still there, and still have to wait before i can close it

endymionrose
endymionrose
3 posts
Peasant

I honestly get that, I just think the way the ads are handled are in bad taste. As stated if they didn't delay the game i am paying to play already, I wouldn't mind so much. I see it as if you buy or rent a movie, you don't have to suffer through commercials, and if there are any before the main menu, you can just skip them. Now for those that don't pay to play games it should be more like watching a show on cable, commercials then pay for it. Just my two cents worth. Again thank you for your time, and I hope you take this under consideration.

Showing 1-4 of 4