ForumsThe Tavern"Reality Dream" theory

22 6722
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Do you think the whole universe as we know it, Is just a imagination or a dream? Pls. express your opinion by commenting.

• 22 Replies
a52
a52
21 posts
Peasant

To me, books, movies, video games and dreams seem more real than real life. Maybie i just have schizophrenia (Look it up!) but i don't know.

a52
a52
21 posts
Peasant

One way to look at it is me telling you this is just you telling yourself.
OMG OMG OMG OMG

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

It's an interesting concept to believe that the physical can only be perceived by the mind, making it in it's own sense, a dream. This actual pertains to factual and logical information, to a degree of course. Not saying that robots are using preserved human bodies as a battery or something, but logic does state that only a human being in a physical body with a functional brain can process information such as touch, smell, taste, etc.

Without the mind, such things, in a level of separate dimensional factors, will cease to exist. Many religions and philosophies fallow under this understanding, seeing as a spiritual entity can exist within a physical system but not be bound by it, and vice versa. While physics sometimes says the exact opposite of such equations (pertaining to energies and/or forces such as gravity or thrust) can effect the physical, non physical things have a type of double standard against physical masses that are bound effected by the laws of the universe.

So to shorten this up, yes I do believe in the so called "Reality Dream" theory.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Vsauce just posted a video a few days ago that goes over this topic.

Vsauce - How Do You Know?

I set the video to start where he begins talking more directly about this topic's subject, but it's an interesting video. You should watch it all.

RelliKNinja
RelliKNinja
7 posts
Shepherd

Reminds me of the "Don't wake the dreamer" Story/Theory & the Infinite Reality Theory. INCEPTION...(-movie if you haven't seen it you should.) Stephen Hawking has some of the best theory's on Multiverse & String Theory. Stephen King mentions a few things about "Walk In's" - A person or in some cases an object that 'comes through' or 'cross's over' to our reality, and in rare cases even a whole place can be affected, but from what I've read that would usually be a 'cross over' from or of person to place rather than the opposite. In relation there are odd news reports & strange local reports in areas where these 'events' have happened. Try looking up the so called 'Manhattan Project' that's a weird one... There were a few news reports & articles that mentioned funding for scientific research into teleportation, and an article that stated that a successful teleportation had been accomplished. There's even Theory's about the possibility of Black Holes maybe having or being 'Wormhole's' into another part of our galaxy or another dimension.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Wow... That is way above my head. Whoever wrote that should make it simpler.

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism
Showing 16-21 of 22