ForumsWEPRThis is the last thing

36 14831
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I just want to show one video to explain what I've been trying to say. please watch some, if not all of it. Just give it a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1x-6al2pE

• 36 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Please ignore any and all fallacies in this post (I know they are there, and this isn't meant to persuade)

In MY opinion, according to what I understand of science, it is impossible for the universe to have existed for an eternity, unless it was just sitting here, no actions being made, but if no actions were being made, then what caused the big bang to suddenly occur.

I don't see what the "god" particle has to do with anything, as it randomly came into existence too, or would have caused the reaction as soon as the universe began.

~~~Darth Caedus

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

but if no actions were being made, then what caused the big bang to suddenly occur.

It is hypothesized quantum fluctuations could have started it. I better leave Mage cover that one though.

I don't see what the "god" particle has to do with anything, as it randomly came into existence too, or would have caused the reaction as soon as the universe began.

The "god" particle is a result of an awful promo gag. The original title of the work on the higgs boson was "The god-**** particle", but the editor thought it would sound better to leave the **** away, for no reason.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Please ignore any and all fallacies in this post (I know they are there, and this isn't meant to persuade)

If you're aware that what you are using is a fallacy then why use it?

it is impossible for the universe to have existed for an eternity, unless it was just sitting here, no actions being made, but if no actions were being made, then what caused the big bang to suddenly occur.

Your statement implies there was a place for it to be sitting. You also seem to be thinking of this state as if time was elapsing. We can think of this state "before" the big bang as 0. This would be undefined, or infinite.

As Michio Kaku explains the Higgs Boson (or something like it) aka "god particle" would have been the "spark" that set off the Big Bang.

Michio Kaku: What Put the Bang in the Big Bang?
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

If you're aware that what you are using is a fallacy then why use it?
Because I don't know a better way to state what I believe.

Your statement implies there was a place for it to be sitting. You also seem to be thinking of this state as if time was elapsing. We can think of this state "before" the big bang as 0. This would be undefined, or infinite.
But why would it change, why would it go from the state it was and had been at for an infinite amount of time to what it is now 100 billion years ago?

~~~Darth Caedus
StDrake
StDrake
194 posts
Lord

There are (at least) two theories about the END of the universe, one of which carries the potential of explaining how the universe would be infinite give the Big Bang - and that's the Big Collapse:
Seeing as the Big Bang states that the universe exploded from a single point in space if at some point it stops expanding and starts shrinking again it will eventually collapse to a single point again..at which point it will probably not be stable enough to stay that way and will result in another Big Bang.
Infinite Big Bang-Big Collapse cycles without a beginning or end as required by any laws of energy preservation...plus my own theory that God created the universe in such a way that we would not have a definite way of confirming or denying his existance.

..Yay

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

There are (at least) two theories about the END of the universe, one of which carries the potential of explaining how the universe would be infinite give the Big Bang - and that's the Big Collapse:
Seeing as the Big Bang states that the universe exploded from a single point in space if at some point it stops expanding and starts shrinking again it will eventually collapse to a single point again..at which point it will probably not be stable enough to stay that way and will result in another Big Bang.
Infinite Big Bang-Big Collapse cycles without a beginning or end as required by any laws of energy preservation...plus my own theory that God created the universe in such a way that we would not have a definite way of confirming or denying his existance.

There are many many more theories hypothesizing the end of the Universe, but they are all infinitely more credible than yours, sad to say.
Showing 31-36 of 36