ForumsGamesKingdom rush overrated?

9 4138
bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

Hi guys,i've been on armorgames since kingdom rush came out,but... i just don't understand whats so great,i think there are too many tower defence games,but kingdom rush is average,i expect fanboy rage,but i will be happy if you prove me wrong.

• 9 Replies
bombslayer123
bombslayer123
14 posts
Jester

Yeah I think it's overrated but it was awesome though, the graphics was overwhelming,gameplay very unique to the TD category, it was an overall great game, but they locked too much stuff in the premium more than half the game is now in the premium content they didn't even spare you the bonus lvl when you get the 62 stars. I'm very disappointed at them.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It's the embodiment of a good TD game, so of course it's going to be overrated.

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

Good argument Harbinger,one of my favourite tower defence games is homeboy heroes,the thing i liked about it is just that it...felt a bit different,its hard to explain,generally i don't like tower defence games,since they have taken over the strategy tag,so i have a bit of hate for this,and since its medieval,just like protector,i feel,there are so many medieval tower defences,even if this has a few more spells and different mechanics,it feels like just another one of those tower defence games.

TeslaGuy
TeslaGuy
959 posts
Nomad

No , I don't think so
It is the most played game on internet (right after happy wheels)
That means it should have maximum (10/10 not 9.7/10)

kashoople
kashoople
71 posts
Blacksmith

Kingdom rush is not overrated in my opinion; it has fairly unique gameplay for a tower defense map if youve played others like it for example demons vs fairyland well kingdom rush is the pioneer of that gameplay for tower defense

espadaxin2
espadaxin2
485 posts
Blacksmith

The only thing that bothers me in that game is the Premium content.

Patrykq
Patrykq
13 posts
Shepherd

As a huge fan of TD games I have to say, yes. It is a little bit overrated, but it is so to it's appeal to more casual audience. The level of polish in this game is top notch, but when it comes to replayability or customization game is really lacking there. And there's premium content that contains things that just would be in normal flash game updates. And this is just my personal gripe with the game, but I really don't like the emphasis on the mobiles. For some time I thought that there's not even gonna be a flash version of the KRF. And speaking of that Frontiers was really just the same game with different towers, enemies, stages and some minor changes. I know that I'm gonna get slammed for this, but don't get me wrong I love these games, but it's popularity is a little aggravating, because of some superb TD games out there that don't get the recognition they deserve. *cough*Creeper World*cough*

GodOfWar35
GodOfWar35
189 posts
Blacksmith

however it made, the vote result was totally based on the players, no matter how much they like.

If you're annoyed by the over-rated , then finding some proves that Ironhides has bribed players (or any reasons...) maybe a good start ?

(no)

kashoople
kashoople
71 posts
Blacksmith

Yes it is. I like the idea of having the barracks and towers and barracks blocking etc, but Kingdom Rush itself isnt that great.

Showing 1-9 of 9