ForumsThe TavernCustom Armatars

28 16886
a52
a52
21 posts
Peasant

I've noticed that some people have Armatars you can't get currently. Is this because they (the pictures) are just no longer avalable on the site? Or is there some way to upload your own? Sorry if this is a nooby question =)

• 28 Replies
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@griffen102 You should try posting in the support forums! Or this looks like a job for @Ferret

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Let's ask @Ferret what happened @griffen102, maybe he can help?

And could you try to post your image again @Equal_Infinity? Maybe I can give some advice...

thesakew
thesakew
203 posts
Jester

All of you are welcome to my Armatars Workshop. Please take a look and leave your response.

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

I wish we could have custom Armatars, if so I would use this one http://r24.imgfast.net/users/2416/45/08/28/avatars/265-8.jpg

I think that the one I have now is very nice, however, I think it would be nice if armatures from all of the contests could be used, so our selection doesn't have to be as limited, and there would be less requests for custom armatars

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I wish we could have custom Armatars, if so I would use this one

You could just make an armatar(or request it) like that and make it fit the theme. For example, Slendy Claus is not very Christmasy. Add a santa hat and jacket and then boom.

For having an armatar like that, I suggest having the pegasus pull a sleigh since it's Winter themed.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@griffen102 Turkey is back for a very limited time.

EpicWinning
EpicWinning
2 posts
Nomad

Why the hell can't someone have a custom Avatar on here? Did some one post a lewd photo as theirs and now everyone was punished for that?

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@EpicWinning No, actually it's not that at all. First off, armatars are a big thing of AG, and they have been for a long time. It's going to be really hard to moderate what people put as their avatar if we allow custom avatars. Armatars were used as rewards from getting points in the past, now you can earn some by doing different things. Such as entering contests, acquiring certain quests and being a part of AFG+, knights, moderators and admins. They aren't just a picture we want to show everyone, they are symbol of what you have done and how awesome (in a nutshell) you are.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

@EpicWinning lil add to @SirLegendary.

Inappropriate pics is one case (not only one will try to get lewd or other "funny" (in their view) pics as armatars), another case could be copyright.
So if someone want to use inappropriate or a pic protected by a coyright licence AG could also get into serious trouble (adhortatory letters, cease and desist orders).

To prevent such (copyright & inappropriate) stuff every single entry must be viewed before it could be listed.. that's a bunch of additional work for a feature.
Actual only admins are able to add new armatars to the roster, so all the additional work is up to them then... and they have surely better things to do.

Things may change, but for now AG's position is: no custom armatars.

EpicWinning
EpicWinning
2 posts
Nomad

@UnleashedUponMankind

:| ahhh that explains it, thanks for the closure.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

But I did see a developer with a custom one recently.

Aleksa_2929
Aleksa_2929
22 posts
Blacksmith

thaat armatars are old from chirsthmas

Showing 16-27 of 28