Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Sub or Dub [Anime]

Posted Jun 6, '13 at 3:16pm

Drink

Drink

1,592 posts

i saw a anime post a few minutes ago, i don't know if this topic has been made yet as i haven't made a topic in about 2 years, so in anime do you prefer dubs or Japanese with subs?

myself i like some anime dubbed like dbz, fma, trigun,FLCL, and ECT.

but some i preferred subbed, like detective Conan, high school of the dead, zatch bell/konjiki no gash bell!, angel beats, and ECT

Posted Jun 7, '13 at 3:48am

Strawburries

Strawburries

2 posts

I prefer most of the anime I watch to be subbed. Dubbed feels unnatural. xD

Posted Jun 7, '13 at 6:10am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,715 posts

I'm a toss-up. Every anime I've watched has been dubbed...but

Dubbed - Usually things are changed, like how things are said, personality of a character (albeit, usually just slightly), what happens in a story, etc.

Subbed - Such a huge effing distraction having to focus on a certain part of the picture

Posted Jun 7, '13 at 12:54pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

depends if i saw it the 1st time subbed or dubbed. i usually like it most the way i saw it for the 1st time.

Posted Jun 7, '13 at 1:34pm

wflag10

wflag10

1,242 posts

It really depends, I haven't watched subbed much, but it's annoying having to watch the bottom of the screen. I usually watched dubbed even through they change things often.

Posted Jun 8, '13 at 1:37am

Drink

Drink

1,592 posts

in dubbs they usually cut out more of the vulgar language and certain...perverted related things... which i do not approve of ;)

Posted Jun 8, '13 at 3:25am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,181 posts

Knight

I like subs, because I like to hear the characters talk the way the makers intended them to speak.

Posted Jun 8, '13 at 9:03am

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

I usually choose subs because the dubs commonly have horrible voice acting.

Posted Jun 8, '13 at 11:53am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,918 posts

definitely subbed. its a totally different feeling. and when its so different that a whole personality changes its annoying because you dont get the same experience.

i remember watching cardcaptor sakura in hebrew first. i loved it and sakura was like this sassy happy go lucky girl.

then i rewatched it years later in japanese and it was so different. it was like watching a totally different show. the sub is the closest (pretty much identical) to what the artists (yes) want to show so except for when its not available i really see no other reason to watch dubbed animes.

Posted Jun 8, '13 at 3:30pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

465 posts

I can't get immersed in the anime when it's subbed. I don't enjoy having to read every single thing they say. It also detracts from the anime if all i'm looking at is words, and not the show.

Reply to Sub or Dub [Anime]

You must be logged in to post a reply!