Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Sub or Dub [Anime]

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 2:09am

TheGenovesan

TheGenovesan

66 posts

subs of course. I just can't stand listening to some of the voices that dubs use, they usually sound unnatural and in bad cases are annoying as hell.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 5:02am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,236 posts

Posting so TheGenovesan's comment may be seen

Posted Jun 20, '13 at 4:09pm

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

3,228 posts

I prefer subs over dub, but I don't really find it as a hindrance to watch it in dub. Sure, subs may be natural and fit well, but dubs can have perks as well, for when I am watching dub, I don't have to constantly avert or shift my eyes towards the bottom of the screen in order to comprehend what they are talking about. Then again, this is a minor problem, especially since I am a fast reader.

Posted Jun 20, '13 at 4:13pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,570 posts

Subs. The voice acting is so much better, the animation fits the sound, and it's a lot more interesting to read the translation vs what they're literally saying. Dubs can be okay, but most often they have really corny voice acting and it's so distracting.

Posted Jun 20, '13 at 5:12pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,914 posts

i think people overeact with the "looking down" explanation... i think its a matter of habit.

over here almost every show has subs even if its in hebrew (i live in israel) so we are all used to read those things even when we understand what is being said. i cant understand that excuse and its probably because i got used to it already. the more you watch that way the less it will bother you.

Posted Jun 20, '13 at 5:27pm

Darktroop07

Darktroop07

668 posts

Subs would have better character development since you feel more emotion, and the characters voice connects well with the character, meanwhile dubs might be bad-most of the time, okay-sometimes-,Good-rarely.

Reply to Sub or Dub [Anime]

You must be logged in to post a reply!