ForumsNews and FeedbackWhat is better the community or the games?

10 5023
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

I think newgrounds is better because its community also, I think armor games is better because the games. What is better the community or the games?

i think games will win

• 10 Replies
TeslaGuy
TeslaGuy
959 posts
Nomad

yes , I agree , games are definitely better than community

dav123
dav123
105 posts
Jester

Boom Games will
Games - 80%
Community - 20%

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Nope, I like the community better, but the games are pretty amazing too.

Community-60%
Games-40%

Andrewlolman
Andrewlolman
82 posts
Scribe

hhhhhmmmmm pretty tricky I would pick the games by Games 51% and community49% but still I like both

saybre45
saybre45
13 posts
Nomad

Ummm... I say games because im just getting into the community crud.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

i thought it would be community im just afraid if some websites will take off the games D:

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Personally I hardly ever play the games on here. I made an account to get saved status on online games but now that I've invested myself in the community I'd have to say it's better than the games.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Wait..there are games on this site?

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

I prefer the community much more than the games. But I like John's game a lot. WHY DID YOU LEAVE?

But yeah, I'd say about
Games 25%
Community 75%

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

An intrinsic problem I see is there's not much to bind a bunch of gamers, as such. Other than strictly gaming topics.

There's just not many a philosophical/sociological etc. question naturally arising from the act of gaming (well, there's always the gender issues raised by Mrs. Pacman and such ), so there seems little very natural or pressing about most wider discussion threads: Let's discuss X, but why, just for the heck of it, and when one might as well not? What do you make of racism, well, personally I tend to make Play-Doh out of it. There's something inherently frivolous and at the same time wilfully forced about it. (Whereas with some other interests, the wider questions might indeed arise somewhat naturally.)

Mind you, it's not a critique so much, and it seems like a largely pleasant community, it's just more of a pretty obvious observation. What, indeed, does bind people here. (And of course it may well get problematic inasmuch as many of such wider discussions-for-the-sake-of-it may and will be contentious by nature, so now you have your flame wars to nip in the bud, etc. Although I must then commend the apparent general restraint among members, I've not seen much getting really out of hand. Yet )

Showing 1-10 of 10