ForumsSupport ForumAP per game submission

27 3964
stwilly
stwilly
219 posts
Peasant

Ok, I think that a game submission should be worth much more than just 20 AP. The programmers work very hard trying to make a game for the users of this site. Without them this whole site would never be possible and I think they need credit for that. Users get more AP for writting a merit about a game than accually submitting the game that gets the comments, and lets face it: writting a merit, even trying multiple time to get a merit is easier than making a game.

• 27 Replies
th3pr3tz3l
th3pr3tz3l
189 posts
Nomad

Agreed! Even though I don't submit games, I do believe 20 AP isn't enough. I suggest 40 or 50.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Okey I see where your getting at, BUT there are cons to this! Well really bad ones!

Goods

- People would want to creat better games
- Mabey more games will come in.

Bads:

- There will be bad, or you know lot's of spam games coming in.

- Like the reffral thing that was around, (now it seems dead) people will just crat pointless games jsut so they can get AP!

- Sure olny the best/good games will get in, but what about the constent spam of people creating half-assed games jsut for the AP, it will still effect the people decidng what game gets in!

All in all, I think I like the idea of apreciating the game developers! As so long as it dose not attrack those who have no training whatsoever is game making!

stwilly
stwilly
219 posts
Peasant

I see where you're getting at, but the creators need to buy software in order to create the games which can be pretty expensive so they wont have it if they aren't into making the games.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

see where you're getting at, but the creators need to buy software in order to create the games which can be pretty expensive so they wont have it if they aren't into making the games

I know what you mean, but I have seen some CRAZY, and I mean CRAZY AP junkies on hear! And what if one happens to have a sibling or freind that IS into creating games? Then they have access.

but mabey Im just being perinoied too much, so yeah......
stwilly
stwilly
219 posts
Peasant

lol yea i suppose, but that probably wont happen too much lol

soccer_mylife
soccer_mylife
388 posts
Nomad

i agree maybe 30-45?

1_800_ima_ninja
1_800_ima_ninja
43 posts
Nomad

i say we could have the approvers assign ap points based on the quality of the game or like every time someone rates your game a 10 you get 1 ap point or something of that volume

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Getting AP is the last thing creators care about when working on a game for months. Normal game takes atleast a month to make properly. In a month you can get way more than 50ap so I doubt people make games for AP points, the work wouldn't be worth the reward. Plus there don't seem to be many active game makers that would really care for any AP.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

yeah theyjust want there game to be good they dont care if the get points.

Pricklykiller
Pricklykiller
124 posts
Nomad

Maybe what could happen is that you would submit the game, the moderators could check it to see if its pointless spam or real gaming fun. (!) Then and only then could you get the 50-60 AP which I think is fair. That would at least eliminate the spam problem

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

they could make it so how much ap you get depends on the rating of the game
ex. rating of 1 = 10 ap rating of 10 = 100

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Amazing....This topic has gone for ages and no-one has said that it should be in Support and Suggestion Topic...

Hmm....maybe it should be there....

KingRyan

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

nooo theres too much force behind this to stop it now! :P

invisiman
invisiman
282 posts
Peasant

I bet that about half of the game designers aren't ever on their profile. They're just on the site to get their games out. It doesn't matter. They really wouldn't care.

Nater
Nater
1,298 posts
Nomad

i agree

Showing 1-15 of 27