theultimateassassin

theultimateassassin

1 post

IT'S OUT! TIME FOR CELEBRATIONS! B|

Posted Nov 30, '13 at 12:59am

SirBraveHeart

SirBraveHeart

1 post

I'm someone who probably like many others, greatly enjoyed the original Kingdom Rush but still found it a chore to complete everything once the charm and freshness of it ran off. Frontiers however, kept it a bit more interesting by allowing persistent levels for heroes; the innovation also ends there.

After 30-40 hours I've finished every single level on Veteran difficulty and gotten 77/77 stars. I bought Nivus, but honestly AoE is king in this game so all of the heroes are kinda meh. Alric does just fine, hero dps is low so their best role is suited as a tank. (5 bucks for the dragon is not worth it unless you want an easy source of AoE from the start.)

I'm disappointed how less balanced the 8 specialized towers are compared to the first game which made them all viable in various combinations. Here, the barracks is even more garbage; artillery used to be OP but in this version only the mecha's missile's are any good. All mage towers abilities are next to useless except twister. And really all you need is the 2 archer towers and simply setup a nice tight chain of the Falcon Aura+Barrage spam and add the Totem abilities in there.

I wasted too much time trying to use the barracks for achievements and relying on the old earthquake tower which frankly for its massive cost is terrible. The 2 archer towers, the mecha and the twister mage tower are the only viable ones. Avoid wasting your time trying to make the others work, their abilities are just poorly designed.

It's still the best Flash TD out there and quite the challenge, but I would actually say that the first Kingdom Rush was way more balanced. Flash games have been rather dead for years, most independent game companies who want to make quality games on a better engine are probably trying their luck on steam. Instead of doing more empty cash cows (MMO's*) that we have had for like a decade.

It's sad to see that no good flash game is free from micro-transactions thou, it's the reason most people play them; because they're free and easily accessible. It's just a joke to shove micro-transactions in our face when you can get triple A games on steam for a less price that far exceed the quality of what can possibly be created for flash.

That there is so much extra content on the mobile version of Kingdom Rush Frontiers blows my mind. Why would they tease people like that...just to make more money on a mobile device when they have a huge audience here on ArmorGames. Guess they had one smash hit and don't know what else to do besides milking it until people get feed up and leave. Video-game development 101 since Doom & Duke Nukem 3D.

Posted Nov 30, '13 at 4:29am

Amaiya

Amaiya

1 post

Is there any way to play it full screen?

Posted Dec 7, '13 at 11:28am

Dudeman625

Dudeman625

7 posts

[b][i]I can't login with my AG account I am logged in but when I click the box that says [quote]Login with your AG account or whatever it takes me to a different link and when I login there nothing happens it just brings me to the AG home page. Can anybody please help me ?!

Posted Jan 5, '14 at 6:31pm

Timon2003

Timon2003

1 post

[quote]is there multyplayer on the first kingdom rush?

Posted Jan 5, '14 at 7:14pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

10,272 posts

No!... not on the first part and also not at the following part Kingdom Rush Frontiers (which was released last year).

Reply to kingdom rush frontiers Online

You must be logged in to post a reply!