ForumsForum GamesGet to the Top! Version- 3.0

426 119861
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

As I was reminiscing about myself in old threads, I've found a really interesting and exciting thread that I was surprised was locked and discontinued. It was this thread.

So you know what? I'm bringing it back, new and improved!

Goal: Get to the top of the building with anything you can think of! The person who gets to the top will be the new host, who can then defend other people from getting to the top once again!

FOR EXAMPLE:
Jimmy5748432: I use a girrafe to get to the top.
alexhasboomboom: The giraffe is not tall enough.

Jimmy5748432: I use a jetpack to get to the top.
alexhasboomboom: You run out of fuel and hit the ground

Jimmy5748432: I use a flying car to get to the top.
alexhasboomboom: Flying cars don't exist.

Jimmy5748432: I parachute down onto the building.
alexhasboomboom: It is so windy outside and you land on a near by car.

IamSOOOsmartdude: I get help from chuck norris and he throws me to the top.
alexhasboomboom: CORRECT! you are the new host!

That is the most basic way of playing the game. However, I will just make it a bit more complicated!

Rules---
1) Every turn, a player or person can only make one post!
2) Anyone can join! There is no character sheet!
3) You can do anything within the realm of your imagination! But the more overpowered the post, the more I will combat it with MY imagination!
4) When you make a post, there is a chance it can backfire on you and you will suffer "injuries", which means you can't post for a certain amount of posts I make!
5) If you annoy me or break the rules, you may suffer permanent death, which I will then ignore you for the rest of the game!
6) Players can also interact with other players, helping them or hurting them. Setting up shops to sell is optional as well!
7) There is no elevators or stairs in the building. Only floors.
8) The first person that gets to the top becomes the new host of the building, which he then should try his best to safeguard the building! Be responsible and fair with your power, however!

Also, if you don't know what to do, look at the old thread for references!

Any Questions? No? Then lets begin!

Round 1: 100 Story Building. Find a way to get up to the top!

100 Story Building---
Objective: Get to the top

Leaderboard-
None

Injuries-
None

Deaths-
None

Defenders of the Building-
Chuck Norris: 1,000,000/1,000,000
Bruce Lee: 1,000,000/1,000,000
Riptizoid101 the Knight: 100,000/100,000

Attackers/Helpers-
None

Specials-
None

Shops-
None
  • 426 Replies
danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

I use fire magic to create a flaming shield around me that will melt any arrows that touch it.

My arrow probably hit you first though.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

TURN 2

eliakth, your base will take 5 turns. nivlac, you strain and magic as hard as you can but your wings fail because I'm not going to let you off that easily. danwar, your arrows glance off the side of eliakth's thaumium base. You then shoot nivlac, who is injured but still in decent condition. Your stairs go up to the 6th floor.

Protip: magics can probably be found inside the tower. I'm basically making this up as I go along so do whatever, I guess.

Proprotip: fantasy, sci-fi and pretty much anything goes around here. But nothing profane. So if you want to set up a shop or create an army I'm fine with that.

Tower height: 100 floors

Floor statuses: all fine!

NPCs:
Ferret - floor 22 - hostility unknown - HP unknown (but probably enormous) - last seen on turn 1

Surroundings:
The tower is surrounded by an ocean in the north, a desert in the east, plains in the south and a forest to the west.

Structures:
Thaumium base - built in 5 turns - built by eliakth
Stairs to floor 6 - built in 1 turn - built by danwar123

Weather:
EVERYTHING IS FINE DO NOT LOOK OUT TO SEA

Players:
Shoeminor - uninjured - outside
eliakth - uninjured - thaumium base construction site - busy setting up base
nivlac724 - puncture wound in knee - outside tower
danwar123 - uninjured - tower floor 3 - busy setting up stairs

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

I call in 5 of my soldiers to shoot ekalith with armour-peircing arrows,one attack nivlac with a sword as well,and the rest go to follow me.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I open up a shop outside the tower, for anyone to buy anything for sou- erm Gold!

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

TURN 3

danwar123:
Your 'soldiers' stare at you. Then they start nodding slowly. "Who are you again?" asks one of them. Another tries to shoot through the base, but the arrows bounce off yet again and eliakth continues working. The sword guy decides to try and bludgeon nivlac, causing some bruises. Then they all agree to follow you - "I guess".

evilsweetblock:
Your shop is now open for business. However, there's nothing actually in it. You might want to go make something first. Or find something.

NPCs:
Ferret - floor 22 - hostility unknown - HP unknown (but probably enormous) - last seen on turn 1

Surroundings:
The tower is surrounded by an ocean in the north, a desert in the east, plains in the south and a forest to the west.

Structures:
Thaumium base - outside - built in 4 turns - built by eliakth
Stairs to floor 6 - ground floor up to floor 6 - built by danwar123

Weather:
SERIOUSLY THOUGH DON'T LOOK OUT TO SEA

Players:
eliakth - uninjured - thaumium base construction site - busy setting up base
nivlac724 - puncture wound in knee, heavy bruising - outside tower
evilsweetblock - uninjured - outside - opening a shop

Player businesses:

evilsweetblock's shop (unnamed)
Currency: gold*
Sells anything**

*Gold may or may not be a hasty euphemism for souls
**No actual items on display

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

"Gah you guys have a short memory.I'm danwar,the one who planned the invasion of this tower,remember?"I recite the plan that was done and order the sword one to gaurd outside the tower,swinging at anyone who wants to get to the top,ordering him to somehow capture the souls of them as well,aybe loot gold off their bodies.

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

*teleports from out of nowhere* wait this is back? so how long till no one plays this then?

I summon my keyblade and start charging at the tower

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I use my dark and mystical powers to summon wicked looking blades out of what I really hope aren't tiny black portals leading to a dimension that makes hell look like Disney Land

Generic High-Level Sword Shop (Evilsweetblock)
Currency: Gold*
Sells Deathbringers, which may or may not have instant KO as a perk**
*See back room for more options
**They do, their proc rate is just like 0.0002%

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

As I'm working, I look out to the sea.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

TURN 4

eliakith:
You look out, and notice a tsunami approaching. It's strange that you didn't sea (bdum tish) that before! As well as this, the sky suddenly becomes grey and stormy - almost as if some kind of mischievous weather-god was just waiting for you to look out to sea!

Worried, you resolve to work faster on your (hopefully waterproof) thaumium base; as a result, construction has sped up and your base will be done next turn!

danwar123:
"Uh, okay, whatever," replies a soldier. Your sword guy stands outside the tower for about ten seconds before being alerted by the sudden lightning, urinating and rushing up to meet you while yelling "Tsunami! Tsunami!" Your army is panicked.

Your troops immediately dash up the stairs, climbing to floor six while dragging you behind, but their clumsy stampede causes the stairs on the ground floor to collapse and the entire staircase comes crashing down after it.

Crickster:
Oh ye of little faith. You summon your keyblade, start charging at the tower and immediately trip over a stray thaumium girder, faceplanting into the ground only to somehow end up rolling all the way to the front door of the building, which appears to have been kicked down by a paranoid soldier.

Evilsweetblock:
Oof, bad timing. It appears that your shop (which is, incidentally, just a shack with a back room, a toilet and an opening out front through which to sell your swords) has been set up at the same time a tsunami has mysteriously appeared.

Protip: don't be afraid to dream bigger. I'm happy to reward creative, funny or endearingly weird tactics or decisions alongside the more... rational ones.

NPCs:

Surroundings:

Structures:
Thaumium base - outside - built in 1 turn - built by eliakith

Weather:
A huge tsunami approaches from the north! It looks like it'll be here in 3 turns; best get to higher ground! There's also a huge storm brewing which is probably going to ruin most attempts at air travel.

Players:
eliakith - uninjured - thaumium base construction site - busy setting up base
nivlac724 - puncture wound in knee, heavy bruising - outside tower
evilsweetblock - uninjured - outside
Crickster - broken nose - front door of tower

Player businesses:

Generic High-Level Sword Shop (Evilsweetblock)
Currency: Gold*
Sells Deathbringers, which may or may not have instant KO as a perk**
*See back room for more options
**They do, their proc rate is just like 0.0002%
danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

'Dangit,men!"I start scolding them for toppling the stairs,but then realize:"Wait,that's actually a GOOD thing!We can stop our enemies' advance!"

I get my soldiers to deconstruct the fortifications and help me construct more stairs,trying to get to floor 12,making sure they go up one soldier on a staircase at a time,with me going last.I try to increase my army's morale as well by singing songs and telling funny jokes.

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

I get up, wipe off the blood and walk a few miles away from the tower to try to build a underground bunker to plan a better way to attack the tower.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

As I finish, I go inside the status chamber to check the water seals, and say aloud, "I most likely didn't see it because it didn't wave (buh-dum-tish sound out of nowhere) to get my attention."

Edit:

Surroundings:

As in a bay, canyon, swamp, and mountains?

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I shall stare at the tsunami, stunned in panic for the turn!

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

As in a bay, canyon, swamp, and mountains?

#MajorasMask
Showing 331-345 of 426