ForumsWEPRMiracles

80 30250
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I don't quite remember who doubted miracles, but how do you explain these? Scientists have always chosen to stay away from these. Kinda funny how these people were known as holy people when alive.

http://www.protestanterrors.com/incorruptibles.htm

• 80 Replies
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

Miracle are something thats physically impossible and partyDevil you are freakin sick for posting that comment

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Miracle are something thats physically impossible and partyDevil you are freakin sick for posting that comment

If we are speaking of something that is physically impossible then aren't we speaking of something that by definition can't happen?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Miracle are something thats physically impossible

Any evidence of such an anomaly happening?

partyDevil you are freakin sick for posting that comment

Didn't like the song?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

By that definition, surviving a high fall is not a miracle. Even anything incredibly improbable is not a miracle when it happens. Do you know how many "miracles" that already rules out?

And how can one be "freaking sick" for posting a song? 0.o
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

partyDevil you are freakin sick for posting that comment

ty, but i know that already. i just happen to have a dark sense of humor

anyway. there have been scammers using this exact thing. "a miracle cure" and have actually become rich from it. you wanna know why? because people believed what they said. people didn't really think about it. they heard it and so it must be true. whitout any further reasoning.

(see what they did wrong? now look at yourself. and plz., note that your doing the same.)
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

see what they did wrong? now look at yourself. and plz., note that your doing the same.)

No. Do you believe what scientist say about things you can't see?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

No. Do you believe what scientist say about things you can't see?

No. I believe what can be proven.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

*most of what can be proven

Don't want to be hypocritical about my Agnostic belief. The one case, though.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

*most of what can be proven
Don't want to be hypocritical about my Agnostic belief. The one case, though

If i have a hammer, and I bury it in the sand in the ocean, and you have absolutely no way of finding it, but i tell you it exists, does that mean it doesn't exist?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

If i have a hammer, and I bury it in the sand in the ocean, and you have absolutely no way of finding it, but i tell you it exists, does that mean it doesn't exist?

Nope. That means, until evidence in provided on its existence, then I am ahammerist.

^Get it? It's a play on words with atheist.

Anyways..I would be without knowledge of the hammer's existence. I would have a lack in belief in the existence of the hammer..not a belief in its non-existence
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Do you believe what scientist say about things you can't see?

Like a good math equation any science worth it's salt shows it's work so that others can follow and replicate it. They show how they got what they got and what lead them to what they got. In short we can follow the evidence.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Nope. That means, until evidence in provided on its existence, then I am ahammerist.

^Get it? It's a play on words with atheist.

Anyways..I would be without knowledge of the hammer's existence. I would have a lack in belief in the existence of the hammer..not a belief in its non-existence

I may have to screenshot this. You summed up the position of most atheists quite well in that analogy.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Like a good math equation any science worth it's salt shows it's work so that others can follow and replicate it. They show how they got what they got and what lead them to what they got. In short we can follow the evidence.

This just shows how untrustworthy you guys are. Sometimes, you have to believe because someone said. Of course, you need proof of some sort, but I forget how faithless you all are.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

This just shows how untrustworthy you guys are. Sometimes, you have to believe because someone said.

What? No..Mage just stated that science just doesn't go off of what a person states. It is replicated, to make sure what they state is true.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

What? No..Mage just stated that science just doesn't go off of what a person states. It is replicated, to make sure what they state is true.

So replicate my statement of a hammer being at the bottom of the ocean.

Showing 31-45 of 80