Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Weird Laws

Posted Jun 10, '13 at 12:21pm

09philj

09philj

1,146 posts

Anyone know any weird laws?

One I like a lot is that it is illegal to produce Stilton cheese in Stilton. (It falls outside of the allowed area)

Posted Jun 10, '13 at 1:01pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

The fictional concept of Time Travel is illegal in China, but not the actual thing. So if a Time Machine was actually created, it would be perfectly legal.

Also in China, it's apparently illegal to be reincarnated without getting permission from the government. Looks like we know China's main religion.

In Providence, Rhode Island, you may not sell toothpaste and a toothbrush to the same customer on a Sunday. What?

Silly String is illegal in Los Angelas.

Fish bowls are illegal in Monza, Italy.

The use of excuses by City Officials in Megion, Singapore is illegal. So they cannot say "I don't know," "It's lunch time," "It's not my job" and "It's impossible" amongst a list of more than two dozen other phrases

Greece has, apparently, banned all Video Games.

and Finally, Russia has banned all emos, and the concept of being emo.

-Spirit

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 7:49am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,077 posts

Knight

Maybe the fact that Singapore bans the sale of chewing gum would be weird to the rest of the world, but it isn't here.

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 10:41am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,226 posts

In the city of Nome, Alaska, one may not roam the city with a bow and arrows, or airguns, or slingshots

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 10:44am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

Maybe the fact that Singapore bans the sale of chewing gum would be weird to the rest of the world, but it isn't here.

what is bubble gum good for anyway, right?

just a fun 1

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 11:09am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,077 posts

Knight

Well, people like candy. I like gum.

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 11:14am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

it probably costs more to clean up then the profits of sales.
only thing it's good for is taste. and taste is on allot of other stuff aswell.

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 11:39am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,033 posts

Knight

In Massachusetts it is illegal to go to bed without bathing, however, in the same state, law prohibits bathing on Sundays.

In Tuscan women may not wear pants.
(This, on a sidenote, was also the case in Paris, France, up until recently when they officially changed the law)

English law states that an individual wearing a full suit of armor is not permitted to enter the House of Parliament.

It is on the books in China that a person must be intelligent to go to college.

Source

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 5:37pm

toemas

toemas

315 posts

its Illegal to walk on RR tracks in the US (i think) i was told to get of them today by the man XD

nation wide there are over 7 million laws on the books in the US

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 5:50pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,621 posts

its Illegal to walk on RR tracks in the US (i think) i was told to get of them today by the man XD

Probably because that is dangerous

Reply to Weird Laws

You must be logged in to post a reply!