Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Weird Laws

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 12:32am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

its Illegal to walk on RR tracks in the US (i think) i was told to get of them today by the man XD

It's considered trespassing because they're private property. I think it's completely legal over public waterways, but at your own risk.

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 11:42am

09philj

09philj

1,061 posts

In Australia it is against the law to wear pink hot pants after midday on Sunday.

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 5:05pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

2,881 posts

In North Carolina it's illegal to have elephants plow cotton fields.
In Missouri it's illegal to get elephants drunk.
And in Florida if you tie an elephant to a parking meter, you have to pay for it the way you would a normal car. It's illegal to have sex with a porcupine in Florida. Also in Florida men are not allowed to be seen in public in a strapless dress.
I fully support that last one...

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 10:32am

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Russia has banned all emos, and the concept of being emo.
They want everyone to be to same.

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 11:07am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,884 posts

Knight

Russia has banned all emos, and the concept of being emo.
They want everyone to be to same.

Many American states have banned gay marriage.

They want everyone to be the same. Honestly, do you ever go through a post before sending it in?

Posted Jun 14, '13 at 10:57am

09philj

09philj

1,061 posts

In Scotland you can be arrested for being drunk in possession of a cow.

Posted Jun 14, '13 at 11:51am

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,791 posts

In Scotland you can be arrested for being drunk in possession of a cow.

What if I possess a bull? Would that change anything? Why don't you check the weirdest laws, written in the Hammurabi's Code?

Posted Jun 14, '13 at 1:17pm

s0817br

s0817br

24 posts

In Kansas City Missouri it is illegal for a minor to buy cap guns but can buy shotguns freely.

Posted Jun 15, '13 at 12:32am

Santi_

Santi_

444 posts

In Norfolk, Virginia you can be fined for spitting on a seagull.

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 9:08pm

pHacon

pHacon

1,313 posts

I wouldn't quite call it a law, but it's against regulations here to have a lightsaber duel on the quad.  Funny story, actually.

There was a thunderstorm going on, and these two guys were just going at it out on top of Rickover Circle. Flips, spins, everything. The duty master-at-arms didn't want them to be injured or anything, so he went out in a golf cart to try to bring them back in. On trying to persuade them to do so, he was told to go do inappropriate things to his mother for trying to keep them from practicing their religion (sure enough, they had Jedi stamped on their ID tags), and they just kept fighting. The MA wasn't happy about this for obvious reasons, and even less happy about having to get out in the rain to attempt to drag them in by force. Long story short, he was hit in the face, fell over, bonked his noggin, and now we can't have nice things.

Reply to Weird Laws

You must be logged in to post a reply!