Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[Avoid Page2 on] evolution

Thread Locked

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 4:59pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,568 posts

The bible isn't a dusty old  stupid book

Well, not literally, as a book does not have a 'level of intelligence' and there are many copies, of which not all are dusty.

I both know we're right so I don't even know why we care about your opinions.

Why should we even try to argue with you, if you're not open to actually looking at what we say? If, from the beginning, you walk into an argument 'knowing' that nothing is going to change your mind, do everyone a favor and simply don't enter that argument, because there's no point in us spending time to try and show you demonstrated, empirical evidence and independently verified findings if you're going to not even give them a look.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 5:03pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,971 posts

The bible isn't a dusty old  stupid book.

You're right. They come out with a new translation/interpretation every few years. Which one(s) do you find divine?

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 5:16pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,090 posts

You're right. They come out with a new translation/interpretation every few years. Which one(s) do you find divine?

*i hope it's not mormon, i hope it's not mormon, plz. dont let it be mormon. oh mighty steve dont let it be mormon.*

oops, did i say that out load?
(yes i'm taking my pascal's wager on your believe today pang. =P)

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 5:23pm

wflag10

wflag10

1,236 posts

It's my belief, which means I'm obviously right and better than everyone here.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 5:23pm

wflag10

wflag10

1,236 posts

It's my belief, which means I'm obviously right and better than everyone here.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 5:30pm

wflag10

wflag10

1,236 posts

It cut off my post guys, let me try again, sorry : ( . I'm sorry if it cuts off again.

It's my belief, which means I'm obviously right and better than everyone here. See what I did there, I'm doing what you guys are doing, annoying right?

And funny because you're in all of his threads trying to discredit what he's talking about.

Yes, I'm trying to discredit his bad facts and illogical arguments, I'm so in the wrong aren't I?

I'm done commenting on this stupid thread him and I both know we're right so I don't even know why we care about your opinions.

Yes yes, you are obviously right! Yes lets all change our opinions, go against mountains of evidence and follow  Declan and CaiteyD they are super smart and always right, because they read a dusty old stupid book that was made in a time period completely different then ours! Yes, they are our saviors everyone lets go against common sense! Down with the system! The Illuminati is controlling everyone! The government is the most horrible thing in the universe.   *

*   With this offer comes a free pack of ignorance for life!

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 7:35pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

him and I both know we're right so I don't even know why we care about your opinions.

We haven't been providing you with opinions but facts. You have ignored those facts and based on no and in spite of reasoning have declared that you are correct.

Just because you believe it doesn't make it true. Just because you think it sounds right, doesn't make it true. If you feel that your beliefs are threatened or some how under attack by facts and evidence, then I would seriously suggest reevaluating those beliefs.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 9:52pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,232 posts

The bible isn't a dusty old  stupid book. And funny because you're in all of his threads trying to discredit what he's talking about. I'm done commenting on this stupid thread him and I both know we're right so I don't even know why we care about your opinions.

Arguing with a creationist about evolution is like playing chess with a pigeon. It knocks over all the pieces, craps on the board and then flies home to its flock to declare victory.- Scott D. Weitzenhoffer

(yes i'm taking my pascal's wager on your believe today pang. =P)

You shall be rewarded greatly in SteveTown

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 10:32pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

Arguing with a creationist about evolution is like playing chess with a pigeon. It knocks over all the pieces, craps on the board and then flies home to its flock to declare victory.- Scott D. Weitzenhoffer

Was going to use that quote myself but that would have been the second time this week.

Posted Jun 20, '13 at 3:36am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,093 posts

Not that those who gave points to outline the facts and data supporting Evolution did anything wrong, but both parties forgot about the poor OP as a result of the ensuing ****storm which got predictably nowhere (which is something the WEPR forum does not like to keep around). Some data was actually given, so the OP can "salvage" something out of this mess, but the thread is simply too deep in the sinkhole to continue discussing further.

I ask that both KnightDeclan and CaiteyB13 reevaluate their manner of debating so that no insults or petty jabs at the other party are thrown (or simply not post in heavy-discussion threads in the WEPR forum). You both have your warnings posted.

I ask that the other party refrain from saturated sarcasm as this can likely lead to confusion on BOTH ends of the table.