Forums

ForumsVideo Games

PS4 charges for ONLINE!

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 10:35am

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Xbox one failed, being priced at $500, but now PS4, already costing $400, is charging for online play. NINTENDO!

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 11:03am

wflag10

wflag10

1,250 posts

is charging for online play.

Actually it requires PS+, which is much better than just a simple online fee. PS+ gives you free games, discounts, and demo access. So I think that $5 a month for a 12 month membership pays for itself.

NINTENDO!

No, just no. The Wii U is horrible and I shall never buy it.

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 1:18pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

No, just no. The Wii U is horrible and I shall never buy it
It's not horrible, it's awesome

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 1:22pm

Loptice

Loptice

247 posts

Actually it requires PS+, which is much better than just a simple online fee. PS+ gives you free games, discounts, and demo access. So I think that $5 a month for a 12 month membership pays for itself.

Yes but with PS3 you weren't forced to do that. I know it has it's advantages but I still don't want to pay for something so common as online play.

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 1:24pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Yes but with PS3 you weren't forced to do that. I know it has it's advantages but I still don't want to pay for something so common as online play.
Exactly, especially when you can get it completely for free with WiiU

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 3:02pm

d_dude

d_dude

3,588 posts

I didn't realize you got games for free on Wii U. Don't Starve is confirmed to be free for PS+ users.

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 7:18pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,741 posts

Well yes the X1 costs more and the price for good for gold as PS+ the X- will also be embracing free to play games. Besides that they said that if one person on an X1 has Xbox live gold then everyone on that console can play online which, for me and my brother, halves the annual price which eventually will cover for the price.

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 8:15pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

Besides that they said that if one person on an X1 has Xbox live gold then everyone on that console can play online which, for me and my brother, halves the annual price which eventually will cover for the price.

http://i.imgur.com/mC3YxQU.jpg

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 9:47pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

5,895 posts

Yeah, you have to pay 50 bucks a year for ps+. But, it is far better than Xbox live. From what I have heard, the new live will coast 60 (not sure here to be honest). That is only to play online. With the psn, you pay 50 a year and you get free games every month. That makes it worth it in my opinion. And the new psn will be able to match the Xbox live. The ps4 basically coast 450, way worth it to play online and get free games.

The wiiu doesn't really have a need for it. Most of the games are single player focused and don't have the greatest multiplayer. And not to mention the ever so annoying friend codes that make it more complicated than necessary. Psn and xlive have better online play, that's why it coasts money.

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 10:12pm

Andrewlolman

Andrewlolman

82 posts

yea we know how outrageus this is for the charges for online buying and there all great game stations except the xbox 1 was horrible

Reply to PS4 charges for ONLINE!

You must be logged in to post a reply!