ForumsGamesPS4 charges for ONLINE!

46 12968
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Xbox one failed, being priced at $500, but now PS4, already costing $400, is charging for online play. NINTENDO!

• 46 Replies
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

is charging for online play.

Actually it requires PS+, which is much better than just a simple online fee. PS+ gives you free games, discounts, and demo access. So I think that $5 a month for a 12 month membership pays for itself.

NINTENDO!

No, just no. The Wii U is horrible and I shall never buy it.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

No, just no. The Wii U is horrible and I shall never buy it
It's not horrible, it's awesome

Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

Actually it requires PS+, which is much better than just a simple online fee. PS+ gives you free games, discounts, and demo access. So I think that $5 a month for a 12 month membership pays for itself.

Yes but with PS3 you weren't forced to do that. I know it has it's advantages but I still don't want to pay for something so common as online play.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Yes but with PS3 you weren't forced to do that. I know it has it's advantages but I still don't want to pay for something so common as online play.
Exactly, especially when you can get it completely for free with WiiU

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

I didn't realize you got games for free on Wii U. Don't Starve is confirmed to be free for PS+ users.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Well yes the X1 costs more and the price for good for gold as PS+ the X- will also be embracing free to play games. Besides that they said that if one person on an X1 has Xbox live gold then everyone on that console can play online which, for me and my brother, halves the annual price which eventually will cover for the price.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Besides that they said that if one person on an X1 has Xbox live gold then everyone on that console can play online which, for me and my brother, halves the annual price which eventually will cover for the price.

http://i.imgur.com/mC3YxQU.jpg
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, you have to pay 50 bucks a year for ps+. But, it is far better than Xbox live. From what I have heard, the new live will coast 60 (not sure here to be honest). That is only to play online. With the psn, you pay 50 a year and you get free games every month. That makes it worth it in my opinion. And the new psn will be able to match the Xbox live. The ps4 basically coast 450, way worth it to play online and get free games.

The wiiu doesn't really have a need for it. Most of the games are single player focused and don't have the greatest multiplayer. And not to mention the ever so annoying friend codes that make it more complicated than necessary. Psn and xlive have better online play, that's why it coasts money.
Andrewlolman
Andrewlolman
82 posts
Scribe

yea we know how outrageus this is for the charges for online buying and there all great game stations except the xbox 1 was horrible

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

yea we know how outrageus this is for the charges for online

I wouldn't call this outrageous at all. With PS+ you'll be getting about 20 free games a month, for less than $5 a month.
sweettanner
sweettanner
46 posts
Nomad

I think that the X1, even though is still more expensive... is worth it. it has better exclusives and Live has never had a problem. im ok with pay 60 bucks a year for something as reliable as Live

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Ghost, you may be brutally fooled. The X1 is going to be embracing free to play games, PS4 hasn't talked about this to the best of my knowledge. My thinking is that all those free to play games us X1er's will be getting for free you guys have to pay $50 a year for.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Ghost, you may be brutally fooled. The X1 is going to be embracing free to play games, PS4 hasn't talked about this to the best of my knowledge

PS3 already gives you free games to play and games you can get for cheap if you have their plus account (you pay) which means if PS4 doesn't have free games then they will be shooting themselves in the Foot.

PS4 has it in the bag even if they do make you pay for online. They will still be a better console
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Ghost, you may be brutally fooled. The X1 is going to be embracing free to play games, PS4 hasn't talked about this to the best of my knowledge. My thinking is that all those free to play games us X1er's will be getting for free you guys have to pay $50 a year for.

It was a highly rated thread on /r/gaming, and I can't be bothered sifting through my history for it. I've clicked a lot of links there.
What I recall from it was PS+ players will be getting around 20 free games a month to play. I don't know about owning the games, but for $50 a year, 20 games every month sounds awesome. Even if that's not the correct number of free games, I don't care. The PS+ membership will be less than $5 a month, works for PS3, PS4, and Vita, and they won me over with these details plus it's going to be more powerful than the Xbone.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

What I recall from it was PS+ players will be getting around 20 free games a month to play. I don't know about owning the games, but for $50 a year, 20 games every month sounds awesome.

I did a bit of research and here's how it works: When you sign up for PS+, you get 12 Playstation (as in console) and 6 Vita games to download for free. That selection is on a monthly rotation system, but you can redownload any of your previously downloaded games for free as long as you're a PS+ member. If the membership expires, so does your access to those games.

The X1 is going to be embracing free to play games, PS4 hasn't talked about this to the best of my knowledge.

He said free games, as in free AAA games, not free-to-play games. The ironcy is that "free" games like World of Tanks will require you to buy Live in order to play them, because that's the whole business model.
Showing 1-15 of 46