ForumsVideo Games

PS4 charges for ONLINE!

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 10:15pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

yea we know how outrageus this is for the charges for online

I wouldn't call this outrageous at all. With PS+ you'll be getting about 20 free games a month, for less than $5 a month.

Posted Jun 11, '13 at 11:00pm

sweettanner

sweettanner

36 posts

I think that the X1, even though is still more expensive... is worth it. it has better exclusives and Live has never had a problem. im ok with pay 60 bucks a year for something as reliable as Live

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 12:41am

ImTheMostManlyMan

ImTheMostManlyMan

2,809 posts

Ghost, you may be brutally fooled. The X1 is going to be embracing free to play games, PS4 hasn't talked about this to the best of my knowledge. My thinking is that all those free to play games us X1er's will be getting for free you guys have to pay $50 a year for.

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 1:38am

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

Ghost, you may be brutally fooled. The X1 is going to be embracing free to play games, PS4 hasn't talked about this to the best of my knowledge

PS3 already gives you free games to play and games you can get for cheap if you have their plus account (you pay) which means if PS4 doesn't have free games then they will be shooting themselves in the Foot.

PS4 has it in the bag even if they do make you pay for online. They will still be a better console

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 1:40am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

Ghost, you may be brutally fooled. The X1 is going to be embracing free to play games, PS4 hasn't talked about this to the best of my knowledge. My thinking is that all those free to play games us X1er's will be getting for free you guys have to pay $50 a year for.

It was a highly rated thread on /r/gaming, and I can't be bothered sifting through my history for it. I've clicked a lot of links there.
What I recall from it was PS+ players will be getting around 20 free games a month to play. I don't know about owning the games, but for $50 a year, 20 games every month sounds awesome. Even if that's not the correct number of free games, I don't care. The PS+ membership will be less than $5 a month, works for PS3, PS4, and Vita, and they won me over with these details plus it's going to be more powerful than the Xbone.

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 7:13am

KentyBK

KentyBK

555 posts

What I recall from it was PS+ players will be getting around 20 free games a month to play. I don't know about owning the games, but for $50 a year, 20 games every month sounds awesome.

I did a bit of research and here's how it works: When you sign up for PS+, you get 12 Playstation (as in console) and 6 Vita games to download for free. That selection is on a monthly rotation system, but you can redownload any of your previously downloaded games for free as long as you're a PS+ member. If the membership expires, so does your access to those games.

The X1 is going to be embracing free to play games, PS4 hasn't talked about this to the best of my knowledge.

He said free games, as in free AAA games, not free-to-play games. The ironcy is that "free" games like World of Tanks will require you to buy Live in order to play them, because that's the whole business model.

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 8:04am

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

Either way I bet xbox one charges more for online.

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 9:45am

wflag10

wflag10

1,228 posts

I did a bit of research and here's how it works: When you sign up for PS+, you get 12 Playstation (as in console) and 6 Vita games to download for free. That selection is on a monthly rotation system, but you can redownload any of your previously downloaded games for free as long as you're a PS+ member. If the membership expires, so does your access to those games.

Which automatically works because for this console because you have to have PS+, so dozens of free games for me!

This guy put the entire story of the PS4 and Xbox one together here: 

http://www.angryjoeshow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2376

I have a question for all those Xbox one people out there, what would happen if your internet goes out for a couple of days, and your Xbox becomes as useful as a brick, what then?

Posted Jun 12, '13 at 3:03pm

d_dude

d_dude

1,755 posts

What I recall from it was PS+ players will be getting around 20 free games a month to play. I don't know about owning the games, but for $50 a year, 20 games every month sounds awesome.

It's not 20 games a month. I think you get like 12 games instantly when you sign up for PS+. After that every month you get 5 free games. 2 of them for PS Vita.

Posted Jun 13, '13 at 8:39pm

PauseBreak

PauseBreak

306 posts

Looks like the PC wins yet one more time.

Reply to PS4 charges for ONLINE!

You must be logged in to post a reply!