ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

400 159502
Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 400 Replies
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

Shouldnt the Wi U be included? By date of release its 8th gen console after all.

Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

I have added the Wii U.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

After hearing about the price of the Xbox1, I'm not buying it. $500 bucks for a system?! Then there's online, kinect, controllers, games.

Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

Isn't the Kinect included with the Xbox One? Overall I feel that PS4 just punched the Xbox One in the gut. Not just because of its $399 price tag, but also the ability to share/sell used copies of games, their independent game support, and the fact you don't have to be always connected to the internet.

I realize it's early to judge how things will play out, but PS4 looks like the console for me.

joeybetz
joeybetz
107 posts
Shepherd

So I heard on the radio this morning an interesting talk about all this.

When the PS2 was king of the consoles, Sony thought they could get away with a $600 console. They were too confident and gamers went for the cheaper Xbox 360.

So when the 360 was king of consoles, Microsoft was also too confident and thought they could get away with DRM. It's slowly showing that it was a bad move on their part.

Gamers are smart though. Especially hardcore gamers. They're not against turning their back on a console this quickly.

That said, Microsoft showed off some better games. It will be hard to tell what does better this holiday season.

With the Wii though, Nintendo went after casual gamers. Big time. Problem is, they're "casual" gamers. They don't follow your brand or the new consoles. Only hardcore gamers do that. So with the Wii U, they're having trouble getting their footing with both the hardcore and casual gamers.

I made the choice to pre-order my PS4 and just wait on the Xbone. I prefer the stance Sony has on Indie games over Microsoft, plus it's $100 cheaper. I also like lending my games to friends and family.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

PS4 is 100 dollars cheaper than the Xbone, and has more dedicated RAM to video games than both of the other consoles. PS4 is winning this generation for sure.

Powmonkey
Powmonkey
1 posts
Nomad

Wii U!

Andrewlolman
Andrewlolman
82 posts
Scribe

ummm I have all of them and I barely use them I only play them sometimes I going with the ps4

Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

ummm I have all of them and I barely use them I only play them sometimes I going with the ps4

Are you game developer or something ?
thexx
thexx
4 posts
Shepherd

I'm hoping Nintendo will reveal more Zelda related things. that's the main reason i bought the wii when it first came out. It also helps that the wii u has more of the games that used to be on both xbox and ps but not on the wii. Like AC and such. so all in all i'm going for the wii u, i just need to save up a little.
That being said i think most hardcore gamers will keep going for the more powerful machines and will therefore not even consider nintendo. and since the Xbone has such gargantuan heaps of bull**** thrown in only the hardest of fanboys and the people who just don't care and just want any console so they can play are going to buy it. But the Xbone is not just a gaming system anymore, they explicitly marketed it as an entertainment system, and i think it's fairly likely it will still sell relatively well among people who don't really game.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I have good and bad opinions about all three consoles, but I have to say, for the technological age we are living in currently, they all have their own unique features and abilities.

Wii U:

The Wii U is the most unique console I've seen yet. The idea of mixing a portable game console, a regular console, and controller all in one is pure genius. Nintendo I have to say made a much better upgraded version of their console then Microsoft and Sony combined. And some of it's features make daily things easier as well, such as exercise and the internet features help you upgrade on social media and stuff (if you're into that).

What I don't like is that for all of it's capabilities, it is limited in some features and some of it's features are unnecessarily excessive. It's capacity isn't very high for what it is, which is sad. It can except a SDHC memory card to perform like a hard drive and store removable information but it would have been better had they made the Wii U except the new SDXC memory cards that have much higher capacity (such as 64 GB or higher as possessed to 16 or 32 GB). And the multiscreen thing is a bit weird for some cases. If you're playing Wii golf and you put the Wii U controller on the ground it will display a golf ball on the ground while on you're TV screen you're avatar is holding the club and you can see the ball on the TV screen. It seems a little unnecessary to put this feature in their considering that it is just as easy to understand their is a golf ball on the ground if it were on the TV screen or Wii U.

Other then these features it seems to be pretty interesting.
-------------
Xbox One:

The Xbox One is interesting. It brings forth some new features that the 360 lacked, and hopefully it allows information to be transferred from one account to another. It does seem more convenient that the Kinect come with the Xbox One. The console does have good specs as well, making it rather powerful for what it is.

What I don't like about the Xbox One is the look, it looks like a box with a emblem imbedded in it. Rather ugly if you ask me. And there are no new features that make me want to spend $500 on something that $150 can do with almost the same amount of performance.

So far, I'm not impressed with what Microsoft put forth. Thumbs down here.
----------------
PS4:

The PS4 is pretty much a tank in all the Eighth Generation Game Consoles. It provides more memory space for games then the Xbox One, has the same "Kinect" like device with it, and is a bit cheaper too. Not to mention it's made by Sony, so it will have some pretty cool perks about it.

The one thing I do not like about it however is the look, again, it's ugly. The PS3 had a more smoothed look and the PS4 is just... a box with one line through it and an emblem attached. What is wrong with these focus groups?!?!

So with this conclusion I choose PS4. Despite it's looks...

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I would have to go with the PS4 and here is why, BTW I haven't looked deep into any of the gaming systems.

Nintendo's Wii U: Nintendo, at least in my mind, has always been more of a family console maker. They tend to make multiplayer games that you would play with your sister, brother, or even parents. The Wii U changes the way the 'group' plays by adding the pad thing. When using the pad the person is going against the other players. This allows it to be co-op while being competitive. A cool concept, but like Joey said, Nintendo goes towards casual gamers. The WiiU isn't new and exciting the way the Wii was when it first came out, therefore I don't think it will do that well. Personally, most of my family and friends are in college now. We will not have time for these family games as much as we used to. Therefore I am not getting one.

Microsoft's Xbox One: Now I have never had an Xbox. But I will do my best to look at it in a non bias way. It is expensive seeing the 499 dollar price tag that is on it. Then you have to get Xbox Live. That is what gets me. You HAVE to get it. I don't care about playing online so it would be a waste of money. If you didn't have to get Xbox Live I bet people in general would be happier with the Xbox One.

Sony's PS4: I never had a PS3 but I do have a PS2. As far as I know the PS4 is not getting many games that are really awesome that are PS4 exclusive. The appealing thing about the PS4 is it is cheaper, by $100. That is a significant amount here. Also, I believe you don't have to get online or pay for it if you don't want to. That is probably what sets it apart from the Xbox. Personally if I am to get one of the new systems I would go for the PS4. I am used to PlayStation and I don't want to pay for Xbox Live which I would never use.

I stress again that I have not looked deep into each console and I don't watch E3 so if I got facts wrong just tell me and nicely correct me.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

I think you're mistaken daleks, that's the first I've heard of having to buy Xbox live on the X1.

I was always going for the X1 in the most biased way. First off I only know one person with a PS3 and I barely know him, I have several friends with an Xbox. Secondly the exclusives, oh my goodness the exclusives. Oh how awesome some if those look, the only problem is where am I going to get money to pay for all of those games (exclusives and nonexclusives)?

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

The top go in this order
IMO

PC is the best of course but its not a console
1. PS4
2. Wii U
3 Xbox 360
4. SUper NIntendo
5. Nintendo 64
6.PS2

100. Xbox One
The biggest piece of ****ing **** brick worthless get rich quick scheme bullshi that MIcrosoft pulled to f over all their gaming customers.
The biggest *****K up I have ever seen in the gaming world.

You buy a game but as of now there are no way of playing used games or they mentioned you will have to give your game to a friend on your friends list which they then have to pay a fee to play it and you can't use it anymore

They made it so your console is basically worthless if you can't connect to the internet
NO backwards compatibility and they might just drop the Xbox 360 servers ( again *****cking over gamers)
Its basically a Cable TV now so they are in the league of Roku AppleTV and other TV service providers
The console design is inelegant and looks like a piece of crap
Microsoft just wants more and more money even though they made Windows. They are Greedy *******s. THey have the money to make the Xbox one the best thing in the world but instead they turned it into the most generic piece of crap
The exclusives are old and Halo isn't that great anymore

The PS4 is already coming out with great games and they look good and the PS3 had great exclusives

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Nintendo, at least in my mind, has always been more of a family console maker. They tend to make multiplayer games that you would play with your sister, brother, or even parents. The Wii U changes the way the 'group' plays by adding the pad thing.
I play COD, ZombiU, Monster Hunter Ultimate, Batman: Arkham City, and Assassin's Creed by myself. And there are plenty more single player games either out, or coming out. I think the problem with u is, ur a conformist, so you wanna be in the in crowd, but don't wanna say it.

Showing 1-15 of 400