ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

400 159508
Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 400 Replies
mybrand24
mybrand24
41 posts
Nomad

Ps4 playstation nation and whiteboy7thst fans unite

Vielle1
Vielle1
15 posts
Nomad

Xbox One I prefer that basically. And remember these consoles are just "UPGRADES" not exactly going to take down your entire video game collection and not going to ruin your life of gaming.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Call of Duty..............they didn't screw up.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlJ86GYt9G_8DvHocZVxI24QRm0crCNi0mdwqYvy1Wjwsbkheb
Say that again! I dare you!

New poll out says that 80% of gamers would prefer the PS4 even if the Xbox lowered its price to $400. If you think your favorite game has a low population now, just wait 'till you get an Xbox One.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

So I went to Comic Con and played a few Wii U demos. Pikmin 3 looked predictably great, Bayonetta 2 was pretty fun, Sonic Lost World was alright. Controller's still an awkward block, though. Even Pikmin, which I thought would benefit from the map, played better with the Wiimote pointer.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

By the way, remember, the PS3's reception was like this before it was out...

And the PS3 was bad...how?

It's got Dead Rising 3, and Halo 5

Oh wow, exclusives, oh man I wish PS4 had those. Oh wait, it does. And considering the sorry state of Halo 4, I think I'll be easily able to switch over to Destiny.

you can watch Live TV

Uh, I can already do that. And I don't have to switch around a bunch of cables.

Snap Mode

Wow, two tabs at once. I'd rather not try that out considering the Xbox One has only 5GB of RAM for applications.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Dead Rising 3 is looking like it totally misses the point of the silly Dead Rising games. I can totally live without it if I can have the thousand other bleak zombie survival games out there.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

The one thing to look forward to for these next gen consoles

Oh Man that is going to look sweet with new graphics. I can't wait.

you can watch Live TV, without switching a bunch of cables

Man that must suck, if you are complaining about that now it must mean you are already switching cables around to watch TV. I have my PS3 and my PC connected to my TV through HDMI I would go crazy if I had to unplug something everytime.
Sounds like a personal problem though
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

I said the PS3's Reception pre-release was exactly as the Xbox One's is now. And, the PS3 wasn't god awful. So there.

Yeah, but did they act like absolute jerks to their fans ("What if we don't have constant internet access?" "Yeah, we got a great console for that, it's called an Xbox 360&quot until they had no choice but to change? Did they make it more expensive just because they felt a need for a mandatory camera that adds almost nothing (considering the PS4 has gyroscopes in the controller). When Sony's biggest exclusive got wanted to try something new and quit that franchise (speaking as an "if" now) did they trust one of their biggest prizes to a game company that had never made a single game?
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Oh, and was the PS3 more expensive than their competitors AND have a paid subscription that gives you nothing other than allow you to play online?

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

The PS3 was more expensive. And it had like zero games when it came out. It wasn't always so much better than the 360.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

The PS3 was more expensive. And it had like zero games when it came out. It wasn't always so much better than the 360.

Except the 360 is better IMO.

Also, the PS4 doesn't have nearly as many promising exclusives and yet it's a crap ton more popular.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

The PS4 is more popular because

A. It's cheaper
B. Microsoft screwed up the whole DRM thing way more than their little backtracking can fix

And I don't think this

PS4 doesn't have nearly as many promising exclusives

Is true at all. Did you see their E3 presentation where they had a ton of indie games playing at the same time? The PS4 is far and away the more popular console for indies. Besides, none of the Xbone exclusives really excited me. Halo is a big pile of meh, Titanfall doesn't have single-player, Dead Rising seems to have had all the fun drained out of it.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Titanfall

I'll be playing this on PC. Not actually an exclusive.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

It's not an exclusive, but it's a distinction. A lot of people won't be PC gaming if they have a console already. Many of the PS4 indie "exclusives" might be on PC too.

Showing 136-150 of 400