ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

400 159507
Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 400 Replies
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

I disagree. It's more like:

Sony: "Buy our console for 400 bucks!"

MS: "Buy our console for 500 bucks! And also this camera thing too"

Kinect has more recognition, but it's not a unit shifter by itself. People bought it as a peripheral for an XBox they already had. And it didn't exactly build a massive fanbase its first time around. I don't see a lot of consumer excitement fot Kinect at all. If anything, the all-seeing eye in their living room alienates customers.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I'd still rather buy the "camera thing" over Sony's Wii rip-off. -_-

Perhaps. But as I've said earlier, most people buys a console period won't know about all the minutiae that accompany it. E3, DRM, etc, is stuff they've never heard of. That Kinect is always on (don't really see how thats spying hut ok) isn't going to bother most consumers.

Kinect is selling quite well, actually. Nearly one in three 360s are hooked up to one.

What I find likely to happen is that consumers will merit the Kinect worth the higher price, whoch will offset those who won't.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

I'd still rather buy the "camera thing" over Sony's Wii rip-off

You'll find no love for Move from me. I actually really like Kinect as a concept. It's just the implementation has been poor so far, outside of a couple party dance games. We've yet to understand what to make of it.

But as I've said earlier, most people buys a console period won't know about all the minutiae that accompany it. E3, DRM, etc, is stuff they've never heard of. That Kinect is always on (don't really see how thats spying hut ok) isn't going to bother most consumers.
I think you're underestimating the average consumer.

What I find likely to happen is that consumers will merit the Kinect worth the higher price, whoch will offset those who won't.
Then we'll have to agree to disagree.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Really? We're basing the competition for consoles now based on camera devices? I bought a kinect, and I've barely touched it since. It's just there. I don't care about it. I don't care about the fun kiddy mini-game galleries that utilize Kinect or Move, and the hardcore games that utilize them do so in a minor and optional way.

At the end of the day I don't care if the PS4 doesn't have a camera and the Xbox One does.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

Poor PS4 and WiiU minions, the Xboxers get dedicated servers for Ghosties due to Microsoft spending TEN BILLION dollars on servers (does that plus the camera justify the extra hundred dollars? Yes.) so we can only rage about the game mechs, distasteful tactics and our own failure. What do you get? You get the next generation of lag! That's really something to look forward to.

Do you guys really care about Ghosties? No. Do I really care about Ghosties? Not yet, maybe not ever. But that is just one example that is sure to happen more as the next generation cycle goes on. Have fun aiming 10 ahead of people!

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

the Xboxers get dedicated servers for Ghosties

I would only guess he is talking about Call of Duty: Ghosts? idk But the PC is getting PhysX support for Nvidia cards. Which will make COD look really good
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

I would only guess he is talking about Call of Duty: Ghosts? idk But the PC is getting PhysX support for Nvidia cards. Which will make COD look really good

True, but CoD has always favored the Xbox, the PC of BO2 doesn't have nearly as good of graphics (free play weekend I swear I didn't pay for it twice) so something tells me that they'll probably be closer to or equal graphics as the next gen.

Also, this is PS4 Vs Xbox One Vs Wii U, not PC. Because I think we all know roughly how it would go if that were included.

PC
-
-
-
Xbox
-
PS4
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Wii U
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

PC
-
-
-
Xbox
-
PS4
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Wii U

Lol no.

It's more like this:

PC
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
PS4/X1
Wii U
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Poor PS4 and WiiU minions, the Xboxers get dedicated servers for Ghosties

Congratulations, you're getting dedicated servers to 1 game. Unfortunately the Xbone is $100 more than the PS4 and has inferior specs.

Also, dedicated servers doesn't automatically mean no lag.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

It's funny how people say WiiU didn't sell... IT SOLD MORE THAN PS4 AND XBOX 360 in their first few months! lol, people are stupid...
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/446576/20130315/wii-u-sales-outperform-playstation-3-xbox.htm

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

The WiiU is only gonna sell more, especially around the holiday season.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

And Im sure that the release of a new zelda or smash bros game will force people to buy it.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

PC
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
PS4/X1
Wii U

Lemme fix that for you...

PC (Master race)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
(50 feet of concrete)
-
-
-
-
-
PS4
-
-
Xbox1
-
-
Nintendo DSwhatever
-
-
-
(50 feet of dirt)
Atari Jaguar
-
-
-
Wii U

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/446576/20130315/wii-u-sales-outperform-playstation-3-xbox.htm

1) It isn't selling well here in America. Globally, yes..but keep in mind, the Japanese eat Wii products up like they were candy.

2) Comparing the sales of Wii-U to the sales of Xbox 360 and PS3 isn't how it works. We see how it will compare to its other new gen systems.

And Im sure that the release of a new zelda or smash bros game will force people to buy it.

That should not at all be a factor for why Wii-U is a "good" system. People are buying it for the games...that fact doesn't make the product in itself any better.
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

I'm sticking with the xbox. I've always liked the xbox system, and controller. I've heard that the ps4 has a big touchscreen-type thing on their controller. What games are going to use a touchscreen? Not assassin's creed, not CoD. The only way that I can see using the touchscreen is a mini game on Zelda or a platformer. The xbox's controller doesn't have wasted space, and fits perfectly in your hand. We will see how everything goes once the consoles are fully released, but for now, I'm sticking with xbox. They have listened to what everyone has been saying. They removed the Always-online requirement, putting down some mad gamers.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Based on what I've seen, ps4. xbox one is just too.... weird. The kinnect and stuff I dont want I mean. They have it geared towards the lighter gamer, and so it does more entertainment/tv stuff. I want a video game console made specifically for video games, sorry xbox. I also like the ps4 games more than the xbox ones. Except Titan Fall, that looks sweet, but I dont need it.
But I still think its a bit too soon to judge. We will see in a few months.

Showing 166-180 of 400