ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

400 159558
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 400 Replies
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Do you even read what you write or is it too dark up Nintendo's ***? Jesus, quit being such a fanboy. Nintendo doesn't "care about the gamers". None of the companies cares for anything but the bottom line. Grow up.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Do you even read what you write or is it too dark up Nintendo's ***? Jesus, quit being such a fanboy. Nintendo doesn't "care about the gamers". None of the companies cares for anything but the bottom line. Grow up.

Well OBVIOUSLY they care about our wallets, but they still wants us to have the best time and memories with it.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Well OBVIOUSLY they care about our wallets, but they still wants us to have the best time and memories with it.

Which is why they have the worst cost/performance ratio of the next gen of consoles.........
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Oh, how I wish I still had your naive optimism.
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

Nice outrage it reminds me how people usually act on the internet.

But to be honest you really are getting annoying. It's been a while since I commented the last time here but at that time you were also here and you've written exact same thing over and over and over. Nintendo's home consoles are not popular nowdays and writing unreasonably high amount of posts will not make people change opinion so only thing i can advise you is: deal with that.

To be fair I really don't like this gen right now at all (I now it may little too early to say that) Just like someone said X1 and PS4 have just way too similiar game library with PC. And PC has a lot more functions and even more processing power. Wii U would seem like better choice in that case but unfortunatly it's lack of power will make 3rd party developers avoid it which is shame because (yes I really mean that) if it would be done well then it would have more potential than other consoles.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

The Wii U is probably the better choice when you've already got a PC that'll match the next-gen consoles, but in that case I just wouldn't buy a console at all. I mean, a whole machine just to play a few exclusives. It'd feel like I'm playing right into Nintendo's little game and encouraging them to keep pulling that crap.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Saying that the Wii U isn't great because Nintendo loves you is like saying your boss is cutting your pay because he wants to give you a better paycheck.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

But to be honest you really are getting annoying. It's been a while since I commented the last time here but at that time you were also here and you've written exact same thing over and over and over. Nintendo's home consoles are not popular nowdays and writing unreasonably high amount of posts will not make people change opinion so only thing i can advise you is: deal with that.

Atleast he isn't spouting out his usual prattle of conspiracy theories, gravity denialism, and sexism. xD

I've got a gamecube from 2003 with Zelda Collector's Edition on it and a GB Color with Pokemon Green, Blue, Yello, and Red; I'm set for the next 25 years or so on Nintendo products.

Revising my earlier statement: I won't be getting the XBox One... Nor any console for that matter. I want to buy a new marker for paintball which will wind up being around 1K when its all said and done, girlfriends are expensive, and they just opened up a Yoghurt Nountain across the street from my house. I'm a class-A sucker for vanilla frozen yoghurt with M&Ms.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Hey Mav...wanna get some Frozen Yogurt?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I've got a gamecube from 2003 with Zelda Collector's Edition on it and a GB Color with Pokemon Green, Blue, Yello, and Red; I'm set for the next 25 years or so on Nintendo products.

You should play Skyward Sword. Motion control=AWESOMENESS (only function in the game that uses the IR sensor is calibrating, and buttons are only for selecting things)

~~~Darth Caedus
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I would love to pang! ;D

You should play Skyward Sword. Motion control=AWESOMENESS (only function in the game that uses the IR sensor is calibrating, and buttons are only for selecting things)

lol no

Majora's Mask, FTW. Until they can make a game even as half as dark as that one, or as epic as OoT, I won't but a console for a new Zelda.

Plus, THE MUSIC IS THE BEST GAME MUSIC I HAVE EVER HEARD IN THE HISTORY OF EVER AND EVER! AND THEN SOME!
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Plus, THE MUSIC IS THE BEST GAME MUSIC I HAVE EVER HEARD IN THE HISTORY OF EVER AND EVER! AND THEN SOME!

Have you played anything else other than Zelda? Bastion has a magnificent soundtrack, like incredibly amazing, and Halo games usually have great music.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Halo games usually have great music.

I don't know why anyone ever says that. Halo music just isn't that great to me for some reason. It just seems bland

Ha. The PS4 is going to be 400 dollars. Will you be able to find a PC for 400 dollars that can run BF4 at 60fps?

It really all depends on what settings you are running so it isn't really a conclusive statement. I mean BF4 on the PC will probably look better than the PS3 just because there is always more power coming from a PC that can be optimized but the PS4, I still don't know if the Graphics will actually be good or not. I mean 16gbs of Ram doesn't change graphics it just makes for better multitasking.

I think you are under the illusion that a huge company like Nintendo cares about anyone. If they cared about their fans then they would make a console that is actually good and can stand up to this generation. They are just being cheap, making a console that is worth bare minimum and selling it at top dollar. Making exclusives sound so great when they are pretty much the same. You are just a NIntendo Fanboy conformist that is so delusional in a company that you believe that something as Mediocre as Nintendo can be better than console that are in fact at least 3-6 times better.
Not to flame you or anything

Getting a console for exclusives is a waste of money if you already have something that can run games well. Because you have to buy the console and the $40 to $60 dollar games.

Greenlight is a popularity contest, it's helped a bit, but it's not very useful

Not useful? Some of the cheapest and best games were greenlighted
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Greenlight has made a few games available that wouldn't exist without it, yeah, but mostly it's just kind of a popularity contest for games that would still be available in some other place anyway. There's tons of other ways to get your indie game noticed. The game world wouldn't suffer the loss of Greenlight very harshly. But I love the idea of Greenlight, the execution is just a little problematic.

I don't know why anyone ever says that. Halo music just isn't that great to me for some reason. It just seems bland

I gotta agree. Halo soundtracks just sound like particularly good action movie music, to me, but never close to the best stuff I've heard. If there's still an area where Nintendo bring undisputed quality, it's game music.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

There's no denying that Microsoft and son'y's few popular 1st party titles have good music, but halo, I didn't like. I enjoyed Halo 1's music, bu then it got crappy. I didn't even buy halo reach or halo 4 after being disappointed with it's earlier music. And it just got waaaay too repetitive. At least Nintendo has variety, and it'll sound good no matter what era it is.

Showing 211-225 of 400