Forums

ForumsVideo Games

PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

Posted Jul 22, '13 at 10:15am

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

So I went to Comic Con and played a few Wii U demos. Pikmin 3 looked predictably great, Bayonetta 2 was pretty fun, Sonic Lost World was alright. Controller's still an awkward block, though. Even Pikmin, which I thought would benefit from the map, played better with the Wiimote pointer.

Posted Jul 22, '13 at 1:30pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,231 posts

Posted Jul 22, '13 at 4:58pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Xbox One FTW! It's got Dead Rising 3, and Halo 5 (I'll only play the campaign though...). It's got Snap Mode, and you can watch Live TV, without switching a bunch of cables. It's got a couple games that are new, and I'll see if they're good.

-Spirit

Posted Jul 22, '13 at 5:04pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

By the way, remember, the PS3's reception was like this before it was out...

-Spirit

Posted Jul 22, '13 at 8:09pm

d_dude

d_dude

1,756 posts

By the way, remember, the PS3's reception was like this before it was out...

And the PS3 was bad...how?

It's got Dead Rising 3, and Halo 5

Oh wow, exclusives, oh man I wish PS4 had those. Oh wait, it does. And considering the sorry state of Halo 4, I think I'll be easily able to switch over to Destiny.

you can watch Live TV

Uh, I can already do that. And I don't have to switch around a bunch of cables.

Snap Mode

Wow, two tabs at once. I'd rather not try that out considering the Xbox One has only 5GB of RAM for applications.

Posted Jul 22, '13 at 8:29pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

I said the PS3's Reception pre-release was exactly as the Xbox One's is now. And, the PS3 wasn't god awful. So there.

-Spirit

Posted Jul 22, '13 at 10:19pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

Dead Rising 3 is looking like it totally misses the point of the silly Dead Rising games. I can totally live without it if I can have the thousand other bleak zombie survival games out there.

Posted Jul 23, '13 at 2:43am

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

The one thing to look forward to for these next gen consoles

Oh Man that is going to look sweet with new graphics. I can't wait.

you can watch Live TV, without switching a bunch of cables

Man that must suck, if you are complaining about that now it must mean you are already switching cables around to watch TV. I have my PS3 and my PC connected to my TV through HDMI I would go crazy if I had to unplug something everytime.
Sounds like a personal problem though

Posted Jul 24, '13 at 11:42am

ImTheMostManlyMan

ImTheMostManlyMan

2,809 posts

I said the PS3's Reception pre-release was exactly as the Xbox One's is now. And, the PS3 wasn't god awful. So there.

Yeah, but did they act like absolute jerks to their fans ("What if we don't have constant internet access?" "Yeah, we got a great console for that, it's called an Xbox 360") until they had no choice but to change? Did they make it more expensive just because they felt a need for a mandatory camera that adds almost nothing (considering the PS4 has gyroscopes in the controller). When Sony's biggest exclusive got wanted to try something new and quit that franchise (speaking as an "if" now) did they trust one of their biggest prizes to a game company that had never made a single game?

Posted Jul 24, '13 at 11:44am

ImTheMostManlyMan

ImTheMostManlyMan

2,809 posts

Oh, and was the PS3 more expensive than their competitors AND have a paid subscription that gives you nothing other than allow you to play online?

Reply to PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

You must be logged in to post a reply!