ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

400 159503
Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 400 Replies
ScaryLlama
ScaryLlama
22 posts
Nomad

The WiiU was announced before the PS4 and still managed to get almost equal graphics.
http://curioo.co.uk/video-games/wii-u-versus-ps4-graphics-comparison/

That article if from Feburary. WiiU does not match up to PS4/X1 graphics wise. The launch developers didn't even know that Sony was putting in 8GB of GDDR5 until E3. WiiU has slightly better graphics than the PS3, but does not stand against the PS4.
ScaryLlama
ScaryLlama
22 posts
Nomad

Oh, so it could connect to PS4 before it even came out? wow, that's really cool.
I knew the vita came out before wiiU, but it couldn't connect to PS4 before the Gamepad connected to WiiU.

It's quite cool, especially because they made the Vita specifically for the PS4, which explains the hardware that's inside it. And the best part is that the Vita is also a stand alone, so it can work with the PS4 and without!!!

The WiiU gamepad, well, that's just a brick without the WiiU, huh.
gman144
gman144
156 posts
Blacksmith

I'm gonna go with the Xbox One because I have Windows 8 and I want to be able to connect my apps to another device. I would not use the Xbox for game all that often though because of all the different things that it does...The PS 4 is great(cheaper) but is doesn't multitask as well. The Wii U...Nintendo is somewhat of a joke among real gamers these days. This does not seem like the consle that will pull them out of that ditch.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Other than memory, every Xbox is identical in hardware. Same for PS and Wii. Meanwhile there are hundreds of variations of computers.

I wouldn't go as far as to say hundreds of variations but I was stating the fact that the PS3/PS4 xbox 360/One and Wii/Wii U do not have the same parts as their future gen and dont have the same parts as other consoles in their generation and the consoles change too so a newer Xbox 360 will not have the same parts as an Xbox arcade. Same with a newer and older wii and Playstation.

Also I am willing to take a gamble that almost every good gaming computer will have equal to or greater than these specs
8gbs of Ram
500 gb HD or 200 ssd or both
A video card with at least 1gb of Vram
a processor rated 3.0 ghz or higher
a 600 watt PSU

A Decent gaming computer able to outperform an Xbox 360 or PS3 would be
Case: $59-$79
PSU: $60-$80
MoBoa: $95-$130
CPU: $129-$300
Ram: $79
Graphics Card: $70-$180
Various Parts for setup:$15
Hard Drive: $60-$100

So you are looking at about $507-$900
For a really good computer and WIndows costs about 150 bucks and I didn't pick anything cheap either or count deals. if you went cheaper you could probably drop the price down to $380.

The thing that is great about having a gaming PC is that all your stuff is all together you have your computer and games all in one area
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Also the thing that is nice about PCs is if you build your own then you can order the parts in stages that way you don't become overwhelmed by spending money. Also you can use some parts on other things. Like if I got a Motherboard and CPU then I could just hook my Hard drive, ram, psu, and graphics card into that until I get the next set of parts.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Friend of mine is getting an XBox one instead of a PC because of Tom Clancy's The Division.

Thought you'd all like to rage with me

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

RAGE. =)

zougie13
zougie13
1 posts
Peasant

Definitely the PS4, mate. The factor that swayed me was the exclusive game lineup for the console's release. After watching countless videos of Infamous Second Son and Star Wars Battlefront, Sony won over my vote. It's simple, I went into this generation with an open mind; a clean slate. Sony showcased their next gen hardware in a way that captivated my attention: by showing their exclusive games on this beautiful new console. Sony is holding nothing back, and I respect that.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Star Wars Battlefront

Not PS4 exclusive.

A PC is still more expensive than a console.

500 gb hard drive - 50 dollars
8gb ram - 50 dollars
GTX 550Ti 1GB - 130 dollars
Corsair Cx Series 600w Modular - 80 dollars
Intel Core i7 Processor i7-930 2.80GHz - 224 dollars
Xion Performance Meshed mATX USB 3.0 Tower Case XON-560_BK (Black/Blue) - 40 dollars
Total - 574 dollars, most likely more with any missed products

With PS4 retailing at 400 dollars, it's still much cheaper to get a console.
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

With PS4 retailing at 400 dollars, it's still much cheaper to get a console.

I wonder if the PS4 lets you post on forums.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

I wonder if the PS4 lets you post on forums.

It does. If the PS3 had a web browser, it's safe to say that the PS4 will have one too.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

GTX 550Ti 1GB - 130 dollars

amd 6770 $80 and a bit more powerful and an Xbox 360's.
Intel Core i7 Processor i7-930 2.80GHz - 224 dollars

How can I say this, no. Xbox 360 Skyrim initial loading, about half a minute or so, my i5 (2.8 quad) initial loading time, 6-10 seconds, more like an i3 processos, which would be around $120.

Corsair Cx Series 600w Modular - 80 dollars

Mine was only $60 or $70 (name brand, 80+ bronze certified).

You did, however, forget to mention the CD drive ($15) and a motherboard ($75 for that type of PC).
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

How can I say this, no. Xbox 360 Skyrim initial loading, about half a minute or so, my i5 (2.8 quad) initial loading time, 6-10 seconds, more like an i3 processos, which would be around $120.

But I'm not comparing to the Xbox 360. I'm comparing to the XBO and the PS4.

the CPU consists of two Quad-core Jaguar modules totaling 8 x86-64 cores. The system's GDDR5 memory is capable of running at a maximum clock frequency of 2.75GHz

From Wikipedia, this is the PS4.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Personally, I would say the PS4 deserves to beat the Xbox One, simply because it did everything right when it was released

But it's not released. Microsoft fixed all of the XBO's problems before release. The reason for the XBO being more expensive is the kinect. Having kinect as a mandatory component of every XBO allows for developers to work on having voice and movement features on games with full confidence that players will use them.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

. I'm just kind of tired of Microsoft's crap. They made online gaming $70 a year (Xbox LIVE Gold Membership), and the price was originally $50. They made it more expensive because Xbox LIVE updated to feature ESPN.

http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Somebody+call+the+sWAT+team+someone+just+broke+the+law+_ee96a5b72089d1478b85c02ec7d1451b.jpg

Seriously, what on earth are you talking about? I don't know about the olden days but for the last several years that I've had XBL it's been $60 per year, and I've heard NOTHING about it being raised to $70.

As for the price, that, again, can be justified by the $10,000,000,000 they spent on servers and cloud computing (I.E. external hardware, which makes it more powerful than the PS4 when it's used, like in TItanfall).
Showing 256-270 of 400