PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

Posted Aug 9, '13 at 6:38pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

6,891 posts

Consumers will see this:

Microsoft - "Buy our console, and get a Kinect with it!"

Sony - "But our console!"

Combine with the fact that the Kinect has better recognition than the Move... So yes, I think the Kinect bundle will serve as a major incentive.

Posted Aug 9, '13 at 7:32pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

I disagree. It's more like:

Sony: "Buy our console for 400 bucks!"

MS: "Buy our console for 500 bucks! And also this camera thing too"

Kinect has more recognition, but it's not a unit shifter by itself. People bought it as a peripheral for an XBox they already had. And it didn't exactly build a massive fanbase its first time around. I don't see a lot of consumer excitement fot Kinect at all. If anything, the all-seeing eye in their living room alienates customers.

Posted Aug 9, '13 at 8:07pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

6,891 posts

I'd still rather buy the "camera thing" over Sony's Wii rip-off. -_-

Perhaps. But as I've said earlier, most people buys a console period won't know about all the minutiae that accompany it. E3, DRM, etc, is stuff they've never heard of. That Kinect is always on (don't really see how thats spying hut ok) isn't going to bother most consumers.

Kinect is selling quite well, actually. Nearly one in three 360s are hooked up to one.

What I find likely to happen is that consumers will merit the Kinect worth the higher price, whoch will offset those who won't.

Posted Aug 9, '13 at 8:26pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

I'd still rather buy the "camera thing" over Sony's Wii rip-off

You'll find no love for Move from me. I actually really like Kinect as a concept. It's just the implementation has been poor so far, outside of a couple party dance games. We've yet to understand what to make of it.

But as I've said earlier, most people buys a console period won't know about all the minutiae that accompany it. E3, DRM, etc, is stuff they've never heard of. That Kinect is always on (don't really see how thats spying hut ok) isn't going to bother most consumers.
I think you're underestimating the average consumer.

What I find likely to happen is that consumers will merit the Kinect worth the higher price, whoch will offset those who won't.
Then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Posted Aug 9, '13 at 9:47pm

d_dude

d_dude

3,584 posts

Really? We're basing the competition for consoles now based on camera devices? I bought a kinect, and I've barely touched it since. It's just there. I don't care about it. I don't care about the fun kiddy mini-game galleries that utilize Kinect or Move, and the hardcore games that utilize them do so in a minor and optional way.

At the end of the day I don't care if the PS4 doesn't have a camera and the Xbox One does.

Posted Aug 24, '13 at 12:49am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,630 posts

Poor PS4 and WiiU minions, the Xboxers get dedicated servers for Ghosties due to Microsoft spending TEN BILLION dollars on servers (does that plus the camera justify the extra hundred dollars? Yes.) so we can only rage about the game mechs, distasteful tactics and our own failure. What do you get? You get the next generation of lag! That's really something to look forward to.

Do you guys really care about Ghosties? No. Do I really care about Ghosties? Not yet, maybe not ever. But that is just one example that is sure to happen more as the next generation cycle goes on. Have fun aiming 10 ahead of people!

Posted Aug 24, '13 at 3:21am

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

the Xboxers get dedicated servers for Ghosties

I would only guess he is talking about Call of Duty: Ghosts? idk But the PC is getting PhysX support for Nvidia cards. Which will make COD look really good

Posted Aug 24, '13 at 10:38am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,630 posts

I would only guess he is talking about Call of Duty: Ghosts? idk But the PC is getting PhysX support for Nvidia cards. Which will make COD look really good

True, but CoD has always favored the Xbox, the PC of BO2 doesn't have nearly as good of graphics (free play weekend I swear I didn't pay for it twice) so something tells me that they'll probably be closer to or equal graphics as the next gen.

Also, this is PS4 Vs Xbox One Vs Wii U, not PC. Because I think we all know roughly how it would go if that were included.

PC
-
-
-
Xbox
-
PS4
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Wii U

Posted Aug 24, '13 at 2:09pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

PC
-
-
-
Xbox
-
PS4
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Wii U

Lol no.

It's more like this:

PC
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
PS4/X1
Wii U

Posted Aug 24, '13 at 4:07pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

Poor PS4 and WiiU minions, the Xboxers get dedicated servers for Ghosties

Congratulations, you're getting dedicated servers to 1 game. Unfortunately the Xbone is $100 more than the PS4 and has inferior specs.

Also, dedicated servers doesn't automatically mean no lag.

Reply to PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

You must be logged in to post a reply!