Forums

ForumsVideo Games

PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

Posted Aug 24, '13 at 8:12pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

It's funny how people say WiiU didn't sell... IT SOLD MORE THAN PS4 AND XBOX 360 in their first few months! lol, people are stupid...
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/446576/20130315/wii-u-sales-outperform-playstation-3-xbox.htm

Posted Aug 24, '13 at 8:20pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

The WiiU is only gonna sell more, especially around the holiday season.

Posted Aug 24, '13 at 8:21pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

And Im sure that the release of a new zelda or smash bros game will force people to buy it.

Posted Aug 24, '13 at 9:13pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

PC
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
PS4/X1
Wii U

Lemme fix that for you...

PC (Master race)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
(50 feet of concrete)
-
-
-
-
-
PS4
-
-
Xbox1
-
-
Nintendo DSwhatever
-
-
-
(50 feet of dirt)
Atari Jaguar
-
-
-
Wii U

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/446576/20130315/wii-u-sales-outperform-playstation-3-xbox.htm

1) It isn't selling well here in America. Globally, yes..but keep in mind, the Japanese eat Wii products up like they were candy.

2) Comparing the sales of Wii-U to the sales of Xbox 360 and PS3 isn't how it works. We see how it will compare to its other new gen systems.

And Im sure that the release of a new zelda or smash bros game will force people to buy it.

That should not at all be a factor for why Wii-U is a "good" system. People are buying it for the games...that fact doesn't make the product in itself any better.

Posted Aug 24, '13 at 10:46pm

rychus

rychus

1,301 posts

I'm sticking with the xbox. I've always liked the xbox system, and controller. I've heard that the ps4 has a big touchscreen-type thing on their controller. What games are going to use a touchscreen? Not assassin's creed, not CoD. The only way that I can see using the touchscreen is a mini game on Zelda or a platformer. The xbox's controller doesn't have wasted space, and fits perfectly in your hand. We will see how everything goes once the consoles are fully released, but for now, I'm sticking with xbox. They have listened to what everyone has been saying. They removed the Always-online requirement, putting down some mad gamers.

Posted Aug 25, '13 at 1:08am

pickpocket

pickpocket

5,896 posts

Based on what I've seen, ps4. xbox one is just too.... weird. The kinnect and stuff I dont want I mean. They have it geared towards the lighter gamer, and so it does more entertainment/tv stuff. I want a video game console made specifically for video games, sorry xbox. I also like the ps4 games more than the xbox ones. Except Titan Fall, that looks sweet, but I dont need it.
But I still think its a bit too soon to judge. We will see in a few months.

Posted Aug 25, '13 at 11:45am

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,115 posts

SSB:U won't raise sales much, they will just buy it for the 3DS.
Zelda, maybe, depends on how many more times they remake a old game first, and how well they liked SS would also be a factor.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Aug 25, '13 at 6:39pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

That's the correct word. Force. Because Nintendo does that - they hold you hostage to a bad console with exclusives. I for one won't stand for that bull**** anymore.

PC
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
PS4/X1
Wii U
Ain't that God's honest truth. Games run better, cost less and aren't completely reset with every "generation". In fact, there's no such thing as generations in PC gaming.

I've heard that the ps4 has a big touchscreen-type thing on their controller. What games are going to use a touchscreen? Not assassin's creed, not CoD. The only way that I can see using the touchscreen is a mini game on Zelda or a platformer. The xbox's controller doesn't have wasted space, and fits perfectly in your hand.

Controllers are a matter of preference. If you prefer the Xbone controller, that's fine, but saying the PS4 controller has "wasted space" is laughable. There's nothing objectively wrong with it.

As for launch titles, I'll be honest: neither console looks good. But looking at the future, I'd bet on the PS4 having the better exclusives, because the PS3 always did, and Sony's studios are far and away some of the best in the industry. MS doesn't have anybody like Naughty Dog or Santa Monica or Sucker Punch working for them.

But that's in the future, of course. IMO buying consoles at launch date is for chumps. Who needs the "latest" games, especially when they're so meh?

Posted Aug 25, '13 at 7:13pm

d_dude

d_dude

3,589 posts

I've heard that the ps4 has a big touchscreen-type thing on their controller.

It's not that big, and it's on the back of the controller so it does not waste space.

Posted Aug 25, '13 at 11:27pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,749 posts

@ghost: On PSU.com they had an article about how the devs of Metal Gear(?) said that the hardware is practically identical. While yes, the PS4 has better base hardware the Xbox has some sort of 32MB....Yeah I really don't know, I guess they just overclocked it until it was equel.

@pickpocket: Titanfall broke E3 records for most critics choice awards and probably others. Also, Respawn said that the PS4 can't handle Titanfall because of MS' cloud computing.

Reply to PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

You must be logged in to post a reply!