ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

400 159501
Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 400 Replies
Patrykq
Patrykq
13 posts
Shepherd

Ignoring that Microsoft wanted to do something to our back area with their decisions about "future of gaming" (more like "future of TV" ha, ha, ha); I love all the games so I can't say no to terrific exclusives in both consoles.

I choose both.

PS I've just noticed that Wii U is in this conversation lol. So now I have to use the power I have left in my fingers and fix my statement.

I choose all tree.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

New Minecraft for all consoles.

watertribe677
watertribe677
1 posts
Nomad

greetings fellow gamers! i just won my ps4 online.. anyone has any fps suggestions other than modern warfare?

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

i just won my ps4 online..

Nice job man.
CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Its just the same pattern every round. Ps4 is going to be the top console this round, then next round the xbox will come out with something better than the ps5. and the wii u.. who cares what they do anymore. haha

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Honestly, if Nintendo just brought back the Gamecube for short bursts of time and made new Gamecube games instead of new consoles that people don't necessarily want, how much more money would they make?

It's a farfetched thought, but it could work.

JoseArreza
JoseArreza
7 posts
Peasant

Wii U, one of those consoles that have amazed me and became an "eye-opener" to me. It has excellent graphics, gameplay is fantastic, and more than that, the games it behold. So being one of those Wii U Fans, i highly recommended trying this console.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

wow I guess someone is actually going to buy a wii u.. let us know when you get bored of it.. xp

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

It's a farfetched thought, but it could work.

Problem with that would be retailers probably not willing to risk giving up precious shelf-space to games requiring older hardware.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Problem with that would be retailers probably not willing to risk giving up precious shelf-space to games requiring older hardware.

If new Gamecubes were made and sold and people started buying them, the valuable shelf-space would surely not be wasted.

Still a big if. You'd have to get people interested in Gamecubes again, which could only happen if Nintendo's newer consoles became less and less desirable to more serious gamers. Which means it could work in the near-future.
kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

should I get a PS4/ONE now? or should I wait for a price drop/more games? I do have a wii u and that is the only console I have right now besides my broken ps3/360

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

should I get a PS4/ONE now? or should I wait for a price drop/more games?

Well the PS4 has already dropped fifty pounds at British Gamestops and the Xbox One is rumored to have a price drop and a version with a bigger hard drive (thank goodness). I'm not advising you one way or another, I'm glad that I got mine day one, but I don't play it as much as I thought I would, in fact it only took about 3 months for my brother and I to get nostalgic about Halo Reach and I played the campaign twice in a few weeks. If I hadn't got my Xbox day one then I'd be moping around wishing I had one, your choice.

~Manly
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

should I get a PS4/ONE now? or should I wait for a price drop/more games? I do have a wii u and that is the only console I have right now besides my broken ps3/360

Just wait. They both have hardly any games. In 6 months there will have been a price drop, and both consoles will have more exclusives.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Does anyone have a PS4 and PSvita and can they explain to me how the vita can potentially work as a controller. It seemed like it was very limited with games on the PS3 and it seemed to be a disappointment buying a vita and having a PS3.

I already own a vita but don't really see much value in it because I already have a PS3 but I was thiking about upgrading to the PS4 to get Infamous second son .

My biggest question being: can you use the vita as a controller and can you use it with any game or is it limited. I thought ghosts might be fun on the vita to try but I'm not sure and I don't want to blow more money if it is not what I am expecting

ScaryLlama
ScaryLlama
22 posts
Nomad

Does anyone have a PS4 and PSvita and can they explain to me how the vita can potentially work as a controller. It seemed like it was very limited with games on the PS3 and it seemed to be a disappointment buying a vita and having a PS3.

Checking in with the Vita and PS3/4.

Without getting too complicated, the PS4 just sends all the game data to the Vita via the cloud or it's own hotspot. So while it had to be compatible on the PS3, there is no compatibility issues with the PS4 since it just streams. Granted, there may be some issues with controls and latency, but with single player games it works great. Quite fun to play AC and Don't Starve.
Showing 301-315 of 400