Forums

ForumsVideo Games

PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

Posted Aug 30, '13 at 4:09pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

Don't go around and blame the companies nobody cares about for the problems that consoles cause.
Nintendo does exactly the same thing as the other companies, they just don't do it to the same people. If I bought a Wii U, it'd be solely out of love for Zelda and Mario and those franchises I grew up with, because Nintendo doesn't even give a **** anymore about making a competitive machine. They put out a poor console and expect their library to prop it up. They've got as much crap on their hands as everyone else. Console exclusives are a plague and do nothing but harm to the gamers.

Posted Aug 30, '13 at 4:14pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

It's not bad, it's just not as...logical.

What in the name of **** do you mean?

Posted Sep 2, '13 at 3:29am

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

When it all comes down to just sheer gaming, no gimmicks and no bullsh* then I would want a PC.
A PC can always be upgraded ( I just did it the other day)
Steam is the most secure gaming Platform I have ever seen without forcing too many DRM nonsense
Steam has the features that it's games have and more
Steam has Greenlight (which is games that people invent that can be voted to become purchasable)
The PC can be used for many other things and it will never be obsolete. (My PC came out before the 360 but can run pretty much any game)
The PC is cheap
The PC can be opened and fixed easily or someone else can fix it for you. (You can't just take an Xbox or PS or WIi to anyone to have it fixed.)

The only reason to get a console is for exclusives otherwise you are just wasting your time. Wii would generally be the Logical choice for Exclusives because Nintendo Hits don't come on the PC but most Hit games are going to be on Steam unless they are the limited selection of PS or Xbox games
I mean if you really want to play Kinect games that bad then whatever floats your boat

Posted Sep 2, '13 at 10:38am

d_dude

d_dude

3,589 posts

The PC is cheap

Ha. The PS4 is going to be 400 dollars. Will you be able to find a PC for 400 dollars that can run BF4 at 60fps?

Steam has Greenlight (which is games that people invent that can be voted to become purchasable)

Greenlight is a popularity contest, it's helped a bit, but it's not very useful. Consoles have indie options of their own.

Posted Sep 2, '13 at 12:23pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

The PC's higher price point is already offset quite a lot by its cheaper games. At least for me it certainly is. And in a couple years, you will find that PC.

As for indie games, I mean, it's not even remotely an argument. The PC just has more of them. Even the console exclusive indies almost always eventually come to PC. If it's indies you're after, you shouldn't be picking up a console in the first place.

Posted Sep 2, '13 at 2:02pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Nintendo hasn't cared about competing in the gamee war ever since the Gamecube. In the past 13 years, they've focused on their fans and how they can please them. "We don't care how other companies do, we just continue what we love" - Iwata

Posted Sep 2, '13 at 6:12pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

Do you even read what you write or is it too dark up Nintendo's ***? Jesus, quit being such a fanboy. Nintendo doesn't "care about the gamers". None of the companies cares for anything but the bottom line. Grow up.

Posted Sep 2, '13 at 9:32pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Do you even read what you write or is it too dark up Nintendo's ***? Jesus, quit being such a fanboy. Nintendo doesn't "care about the gamers". None of the companies cares for anything but the bottom line. Grow up.

Well OBVIOUSLY they care about our wallets, but they still wants us to have the best time and memories with it.

Posted Sep 3, '13 at 12:08am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,761 posts

Well OBVIOUSLY they care about our wallets, but they still wants us to have the best time and memories with it.

Which is why they have the worst cost/performance ratio of the next gen of consoles.........

Posted Sep 3, '13 at 8:57am

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

Oh, how I wish I still had your naive optimism.

Reply to PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

You must be logged in to post a reply!