ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

400 159604
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 400 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Glad to see the "Exclusives" are so easy to tell what console they are for -_-â¢

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Of these exclusives? How many are Kinect and are any of them Halo content or Gears content

dav123
dav123
105 posts
Jester

I go for Xbox 1.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

After trying the PlayStation 4 at E3, I really love the controller. It's tempting to pre-order the console, but I'm waiting a little while first.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

After trying the PlayStation 4 at E3

Since some company got to go down there and play with everything...well at least you and Joey did.

I will probably end up pre-ordering mine. First I have to make the money.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

While yes, the X1 is more expensive remember that it comes with Kinect 2.0 which seems to be many a time better than the original, though, I really think they should have not included it/make it necessary to play.

Of these exclusives? How many are Kinect and are any of them Halo content or Gears content

Fair enough, they haven't really bragged on that like they should have, but they have said that certain game(s) whose name(s) escape me will have Kinect voice commands. Thanks to the new Smartglass deal I\\my brother will finally have something to do whilst the other is playing....Which I suspect will largely include trolling the other by destroying the building on BF4 that the other is on... Yes, I'm well aware that the PS4 will have that also but from what I gather that's in the controller itself, thus, not allowing (potentially) another person to do it for them.

In other news, I've already pre-order the Xbox One and BF4.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

trolling the other by destroying the building on BF4 that the other is on... Yes, I'm well aware that the PS4 will have that also but from what I gather that's in the controller itself, thus, not allowing (potentially) another person to do it for them.

No, it's not going to be on the actual controller. PS4 will have the same feature as Smartglass.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I could care less about Exclusives for Xbox. I never really was a fan Halo died out for me years ago, the Kinect just didn't captivate me enough to seem interesting and I never really got into Gears.
Same goes with the PlayStation. I never really played the PS2 but I loved my PSone which had great games like Spyro, Crash, Gex, Soul Reaver, Medieval. I have a PS3 but I got it late in the game and I've only had it for about 4 months.
So really I'm not Bias about either console so what it really comes down to (for me) is which console is truly best.

Do I want the option of trading in my games if they are old or not very good? Yes
Do I want a console that I can play offline? Yes
Do I want a console that is cheaper? Yes
Do I want a console that has superior graphics that match gaming PCs? Yes

Call me a shallow gamer if you want for liking a game because it has really good graphics but thats how I am. The Wii U at this point has worse specs then my computer so obviously that one is out of the bag.
The Xbox1 will have great graphics and supposedly they use the cloud as some kind of ReadyBoost type of technology that gives your Xbox better specs when it is online.
But the PS4 is ready, You can play it easily, It has great Specs and it seems to have a good grip on the gaming world

Sony and NIntendo have been around far longer than the Xbox and they seem to know what they are doing and how to captivate gamers.
Xbox is limited and they have some very strict software that limits what people can do to their console.

Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

Mr_Sand what you basicly said is that you don't care about X1's exclusives because the console itself sucks, right?
And that's exactly what I said (well not exactly but I clarified that in one of my posts) so I don't see what's this whole argument about.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

"I want graphics to compete with gaming computers!", "The PS4 is gunna have better graphics", "The PS4's hardware is soooo much better" bla bla bla, news flash, the hardware is almost exactly the same. If you don't care about exclusives (why buy a console/gaming computer if you don't give a crap about the games that are out) then I'd recommend you just upgrade your computer, for that price (depending on what you have to start with) you could have a computer comparable to the next gen consoles and you could have it now and you could do more on certain games like mods and custom maps.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Mr_Sand what you basicly said is that you don't care about X1's exclusives because the console itself sucks, right?

Yes I don't care about exclusives I care about gaming. Something microsoft should care about but they don't
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

the hardware is almost exactly the same. If you don't care about exclusives (why buy a console/gaming computer if you don't give a crap about the games that are out) then I'd recommend you just upgrade your computer, for that price (depending on what you have to start with) you could have a computer comparable to the next gen consoles and you could have it now and you could do more on certain games like mods and custom maps.

First off there is a huge difference between 8gb of ram and 16gb and the Playstation has always had better graphics so I doubt they will downgrade. And I actually do have a gaming computer and I can run any game I own just check Here If you want to know what games those are. But there is still value in having a console which is explained in the Pc vs Console topic
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Yes I don't care about exclusives I care about gaming.

Contradict much?
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Its like getting an Ipod over an Mp3 player. An ipod has tons of restrictions but still plays music great. An Mp3 player has no restrictions but isn't always guaranteed

MIcrosoft was better at one point but they lost their way. Halo 4 wasn't anything special in my mind and so I have decided that there is no reason to pick a console because of exclusives. Meaning I want just sheer gaming features at this point

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Contradict much?

No. Most games will be on both consoles and the PS4 thus far has shown to be better for gaming.

I don't let exclusives make my choice when getting a console. I'm not going to buy a Xbone because of Halo or PS4 because of Killzone, I'm going to get what's most powerful / better for gaming, cost efficient, and has more appealing features. Which so happens to lead to the PS4.
Showing 31-45 of 400