ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

400 159598
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 400 Replies
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Destiny looks stupid,

It's still a shining example of developers not caring about Wii U and it will still be enjoyed by millions.

and Nintendo has PLENTY of 3rd party support.

A small fraction of the support that Xbox One and PS4 has. Ubisoft sure has a lot of faith in the Wii U, clearly shown by not making Rayman Legends a Wii U exclusive as previously planned, and not having The Division on the Wii U.

There are 3rd party exclusives on Nintendo.

Oh man I sure will miss a Lego game and ZombiU.

I can't believe you ranked this above WiiU. You have such bad taste.

"Your taste is different than mine, therefore it is bad!" That's the same type of **** that 12 year olds with special snowflake syndrome say when comparing music genres.

You guys focus too much on power and RAM or GB space, when we're supposed to be focused on gaming.

But that's what developers are focusing on. They are packing their games full of details that would cause the Wii U to melt. So why would I want a console that can't run the Witcher 3 or The Division?
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Oh man I sure will miss a Lego game and ZombiU
Firstly, alot of people like those.
Second, I barely played ZombiU. I play my other 3rd party exclusives.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Oh man I sure will miss a Lego game and ZombiU
Firstly, alot of people like those.
Second, I barely played ZombiU. I play my other 3rd party exclusives.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Update/persuasion post: I went to Gamestop yesterday to change my pre-orders to PS4. Before I went my mother called and they answered (paraphrasing): "Hello this is Gamestop where you can still pre-order the PS4". Talking to an employee he said that the PS4 was more pre-ordered 4 to 1. Think about that DRM: The Box fans, if you think that some of your old games that you still love have low server population now think about what it'll be like the X1.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Xbone news:

http://i.imgur.com/QWbyzz5.png

Even with that information, the -100 price tag and more powerful specs on the PS4 is more appealing. At least the Xbone will be some competition now.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Think about that DRM: The Box fans,

And this competition has received a twist. No more 24 hour internet connection. Sell, trade, and borrow however you want.

Twist

Very twisty indeed.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Im still content with Steam. Always has the games I want and I don't need to buy a new console every so many years and has better graphics and sales all the time

Carnage1995
Carnage1995
97 posts
Nomad

Don't care about that. Still sticking with PS3, PS4, and Steam.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Wait..did I read that right..

"An internet connection is only required when setting up the console"?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjib8RfY3C5g2N-kTxINKxc6sUXFXRvjfv2UA3anotdXCoRsFco7ZeFqs5

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I've played with a Coleco (my uncle's), owned an Atari, Vectrex, NES, tried a Sega (my friend's), owned a Turbographix, SNES. Gameboy, N64, GBA, PS1 and that's it (Yeah I know, I'm old..) I've been a PC gamer since.
If I had to choose I would buy the PS4 though.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Wait..did I read that right..

"An internet connection is only required when setting up the console"?

How is this a problem? It's not that hard to have an internet connection for 30 minutes. Soldier can still easily turn on the consoles at home, then take the console on duty with them as they do with the 360.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

And what if a person doesn't have internet?

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

[quote]And what if a person doesn't have internet?[quote]

Oh yes, somebody would spend 500 dollars on a console but can't buy internet. You could easily go to a buddy's house and do the set up,or try an internet cafe or something. It really isn't that hard to get internet for a half hour.

sasa4m
sasa4m
1 posts
Nomad

ps4 is the best

Showing 61-75 of 400