Forums

ForumsVideo Games

PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

Posted Jun 14, '13 at 10:54am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,649 posts

"I want graphics to compete with gaming computers!", "The PS4 is gunna have better graphics", "The PS4's hardware is soooo much better" bla bla bla, news flash, the hardware is almost exactly the same. If you don't care about exclusives (why buy a console/gaming computer if you don't give a crap about the games that are out) then I'd recommend you just upgrade your computer, for that price (depending on what you have to start with) you could have a computer comparable to the next gen consoles and you could have it now and you could do more on certain games like mods and custom maps.

Posted Jun 14, '13 at 3:58pm

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

Mr_Sand what you basicly said is that you don't care about X1's exclusives because the console itself sucks, right?

Yes I don't care about exclusives I care about gaming. Something microsoft should care about but they don't

Posted Jun 14, '13 at 4:05pm

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

the hardware is almost exactly the same. If you don't care about exclusives (why buy a console/gaming computer if you don't give a crap about the games that are out) then I'd recommend you just upgrade your computer, for that price (depending on what you have to start with) you could have a computer comparable to the next gen consoles and you could have it now and you could do more on certain games like mods and custom maps.

First off there is a huge difference between 8gb of ram and 16gb and the Playstation has always had better graphics so I doubt they will downgrade. And I actually do have a gaming computer and I can run any game I own just check Here If you want to know what games those are. But there is still value in having a console which is explained in the Pc vs Console topic

Posted Jun 14, '13 at 6:46pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,649 posts

Yes I don't care about exclusives I care about gaming.

Contradict much?

Posted Jun 14, '13 at 7:20pm

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

Its like getting an Ipod over an Mp3 player. An ipod has tons of restrictions but still plays music great. An Mp3 player has no restrictions but isn't always guaranteed

MIcrosoft was better at one point but they lost their way. Halo 4 wasn't anything special in my mind and so I have decided that there is no reason to pick a console because of exclusives. Meaning I want just sheer gaming features at this point

Posted Jun 14, '13 at 7:32pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,473 posts

Knight

Contradict much?

No. Most games will be on both consoles and the PS4 thus far has shown to be better for gaming.

I don't let exclusives make my choice when getting a console. I'm not going to buy a Xbone because of Halo or PS4 because of Killzone, I'm going to get what's most powerful / better for gaming, cost efficient, and has more appealing features. Which so happens to lead to the PS4.

Posted Jun 14, '13 at 11:54pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,649 posts

NOTE: I have much soften my feelings for PS4 and very much hardened mine towards the X1. My friend who is Xbox 360 friends with me is turning to PS4 which has really made me reconsider. Thank goodness Gamestop allows cancellation of pre-orders should me and my brother decide that the PS4 is the way to go.

Posted Jun 15, '13 at 12:37am

DidactUnbound

DidactUnbound

372 posts

I was looking forward to the Xbox One more until I found out how much it costs, then I saw how much the ps4 costs. As for Wii U, I would buy it just because they made Monster Hunter for it in Hi-Def graphics. But out of Xbox One and PS4, I'm going with PS4, because PS4 has Destiny. And Halo 4 was a disappointment to me, story-wise.

Posted Jun 15, '13 at 1:15am

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

Thank goodness Gamestop allows cancellation of pre-orders should me and my brother decide that the PS4 is the way to go.

Another soul that can potentially be saved from MIcrosofts Chaotic reign

Posted Jun 15, '13 at 10:11am

d_dude

d_dude

3,584 posts

I'm going with PS4, because PS4 has Destiny

Destiny is on Xbox One. If you think that every game at the Sony conference was an exclusive, you are wrong.

Reply to PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

You must be logged in to post a reply!