ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

404 104670
Ferret
Ferret
9,290 posts

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 404 Replies
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,839 posts

Personally, I would say the PS4 deserves to beat the Xbox One, simply because it did everything right when it was released, it's less expensive, and it's almost identical to the internals of the One. It took Microsoft a while to realize people wanted to buy a game console so they could play games. Unfortunately, Xbox One has a better game lineup than PS4 (more popular franchises get more buys because people want the same thing over and over again).

If I was going to buy one, I would buy a PS4, even though I like the Xbox controller layout a bit more. Then again, the new PS4 controller has a mini touchpad and built-in microphone. The Xbox One controller has little grips on the joysticks so they're more comfortable and the batter pack for wireless controllers isn't sticking out of the bottom (a problem the PS3 wireless didn't have). I'm just kind of tired of Microsoft's crap. They made online gaming $70 a year (Xbox LIVE Gold Membership), and the price was originally $50. They made it more expensive because Xbox LIVE updated to feature ESPN. No one with a Gold membership cares about watching ESPN on their Xbox. They're way out of touch with gamers as far as extra features go.

d_dude
d_dude
3,539 posts

Personally, I would say the PS4 deserves to beat the Xbox One, simply because it did everything right when it was released

But it's not released. Microsoft fixed all of the XBO's problems before release. The reason for the XBO being more expensive is the kinect. Having kinect as a mandatory component of every XBO allows for developers to work on having voice and movement features on games with full confidence that players will use them.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,485 posts

. I'm just kind of tired of Microsoft's crap. They made online gaming $70 a year (Xbox LIVE Gold Membership), and the price was originally $50. They made it more expensive because Xbox LIVE updated to feature ESPN.

http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Somebody+call+the+sWAT+team+someone+just+broke+the+law+_ee96a5b72089d1478b85c02ec7d1451b.jpg

Seriously, what on earth are you talking about? I don't know about the olden days but for the last several years that I've had XBL it's been $60 per year, and I've heard NOTHING about it being raised to $70.

As for the price, that, again, can be justified by the $10,000,000,000 they spent on servers and cloud computing (I.E. external hardware, which makes it more powerful than the PS4 when it's used, like in TItanfall).
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,313 posts

Ps4 comes on the 15th. ( got that from wal-mart, don't judge me )

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,485 posts

Ps4 comes on the 15th. ( got that from wal-mart, don't judge me )

Well there's the deciding factor right there.
iFizz
iFizz
1 posts

go ps4

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,313 posts

go ps4

Hey, this is a thread about explaining, not rooting. Well, not that I know.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,485 posts

I hate to....Who am I kidding? I love to break it to you! 1 in 250 PS4s are hunks of garbage!
PS4 FTW......NOT!
Here's your proof that even Sony was aware of this!

d_dude
d_dude
3,539 posts

I hate to....Who am I kidding? I love to break it to you! 1 in 250 PS4s are hunks of garbage!

And that is why you don't buy a console at launch when it's at full price and has a whopping 2 exclusives. I'll be getting a PS4 in at least a year, and chances are it will be less than 400 dollars. More exclusives, better UI, there's no reason to buy a PS4 at launch. I'll be seeing all of you in a year. Now back to DOTA.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,485 posts

I'm still getting my Xbox at launch, after the 360's disaster with the RROD I'd imagine that they're much more careful this time around......Ok so I don't trust them that much and I'm getting a 3 year warranty......Don't judge me.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,229 posts

The only benefit to getting a console at launch is to brag about how you can see things in real life that have been publicized by the media for months anyway.

WhiteTorch
WhiteTorch
4 posts

I dont think anybody is going to pick the WiiU lol but id go with the ps4 basicallly only for the price and better hardware.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,485 posts

I dont think anybody is going to pick the WiiU lol but id go with the ps4 basicallly only for the price and better hardware.
[quote]basicallly only for the price and better hardware.
[quote]price and better hardware.
[quote]better hardware.
[/quote][/quote][/quote]
PS4 FTW......NOT!
d_dude
d_dude
3,539 posts

That's only 0.4%. The other 99.6% still has better hardware than any Xbox One.

jeol
jeol
3,842 posts

PS4 FTW......NOT!

So as to not say that Microsoft was not aware that the Xbox 360 had the RROD, or the equivalent for Sony and the PS3, the YLOD? In fact, problems like this are quite common for console launches. And for that reason, you really can't say that the Xbone will obviously be better because it hasn't even been released yet, and as such we can't know if it has launch problems like the Xbox 360 and the PS3 and the PS4 had.

That's not to mention that the PS4 has, in general terms, more GPU power than the Xbone. So yes, you could say better hardware.

Also, if you legitimately obtained your console, then you have a warranty. If you have a warranty, I'm sure Sony would be more than glad to take it back and send a new one. That is what a warranty is for, after all.
Showing 271-285 of 404