ForumsWEPRnational TV channels closing

12 5320
Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

In my country, Greece, the government wants to close the national TV company, ERT. Citizens are doing arguments against the politicians and artists from all over the world are on the side of the citizens. If the national TV will remain closed, greeks will be able to watch only the private channels (most of these channels are german). Also, the 2.656 employees of ERT will be fired. What are we going to do?

• 12 Replies
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Deal with it. The greece need to show great courage and power and chastity.
Its harsh time. Greece dont have money. None. A huge debt. So you blame the &quotoliticions". Great. Im sure it will help.

In one sentence - keep it with what money? Take this money from wher?

StDrake
StDrake
194 posts
Lord

Organise more private channels. Best if you found some imagination and business intelligence that didn't surrender to the "let's just import everything" illness that came with the European Union and created your own. If the ERT will stop existing something will have to happen with all the infrastructure they used to create and broadcast their programs. Most likely it will just be sold..relatively cheaply comparing to its normal availability. All that's left is to organise yourself into getting and using it right.
In Poland there were &quotublic" radios running in times when one would be shot on sight if caught doing that. You don't have that difficulty.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

the national tv is not really needed. the private sector can easily take it over.
your government needs to pay allot of debt. and thus you need to make cuts.
well you probably have seen and feeling it already. so these are wasted words.

the national tv only costs money for the government. money that is better spend elsewhere. just look forward to the day that it gets better whit greece and then the national tv will be making a comeback.
until then, other channels it is.

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

Sorry that I didn't wrote that, but ERT's signal was down at 23:10 (greek standard time). Also, this decision was taken by a coup. Only two political parties agreed with it: New Democracy and Golden Sunrise. Yeah, I know that the names sound friendly, but take a look at some Golden Sunrise pictures. Sorry, you'll have to copy and paste the link. Anyway, I'm just saying that they took this action without asking the other political parties, because the leader of New Democracy is the Prime Minister of Greece. At least, the website of ERT hasn't been shut down.

[url=www.google.gr/search?q=ÏÏÏ...Ïη+αÏ...γη+εικονεÏ&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=3k-4UbqWBeel4gTv8YG4Dg&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=909#tbm=isch&sa=1&q=%CF%87%CF%81%CF%85%CF%83%CE%B7+%CE%B1%CF%85%CE%B3%CE%B7+%CE%B5%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%BF%CE%BD%CE%B5%CF%82+%CE%BD%CE%B1%CE%B6%CE%B9&oq=%CF%87%CF%81%CF%85%CF%83%CE%B7+%CE%B1%CF%85%CE%B3%CE%B7+%CE%B5%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%BF%CE%BD%CE%B5%CF%82+%CE%BD%CE%B1%CE%B6%CE%B9&gs_l=img.3...110097.114055.0.114936.5.5.0.0.0.0.183.673.1j4.5.0.ernk_timepromotiona..0.0...1.1.17.img.waffLKzPNEQ&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47810305,d.bGE&fp=e3e724563e2aeb56&biw=1280&bih=909]

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Only two political parties agreed with it:

if those 2 parties make a majority in the parliament then they did nothing wrong.

(for those that didn't copy link, (it's the nazi party it seems))
Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

partydevil, every political party on Greece has members that can go on another political party ANY TIME THEY WANT. In Greece, there are 300 of them in different parties. New democracy has 125 members and Golden Sunrise 16. 125+16=141. Sooooooo, THEY ARE A MINORITY DAMMIT!!!!! They closed ERT without a single REAL reason! They're animals!!!!!!!!!!!

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

if those 2 parties make a majority in the parliament then they did nothing wrong.

They don't have the majority. Anyway, the government can't just dissolve a major public company without having a public debate and a parliament vote. The government doe not have carte blanche, there are rules, mainly the Constitution, that have to be respected. Their actions in this case can be clearly characterized as undemocratic and authoritarian.
Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

About danielo, we took a loan from the germans and the politcians ATE IT. Ok, and the citizens have done mistakes, but check out this guy who said the legendary phrase: we ate them together. Copy and paste this link now!

www.google.gr/search?q=ÏαγκαλοÏ&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=eV24UaC5LM3Z4QSSroCYCg&ved=0CDcQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=909

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

They don't have the majority.

yea thats bad.

whit the right reasoning and plans for the future of the people who work there, etc. etc. they could have done it aswell whitout ****ing up a piece of culture.
but, this is a opportunity for the private sector to fill up the gap in supply and demand that is created. contracting some of the former employees of the state that have experience in the field wouldn't be hard. they got no job atm.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

whit the right reasoning and plans for the future of the people who work there, etc. etc. they could have done it aswell whitout ****ing up a piece of culture
I don't see a plan, at least not one well-thought out. Their plan is something akin to the infamous "we had to burn the village in order to save it" and personally I'm just not a big fan of that school of thought.
Anyway, I don't like criticizing colleagues, but generally making it up as you go along is not a sign of good management. This thing has failure written all over it.
but, this is a opportunity for the private sector to fill up the gap in supply and demand that is created. contracting some of the former employees of the state that have experience in the field wouldn't be hard. they got no job atm.

I find you quite optimistic! haha
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I don't see a plan

i'm saying it could be done in a official way if they toke the time to make it, present it, tweak it and and execute it.

I find you quite optimistic! haha

dont you see the easy opportunity?
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Ate it? You think the evil 'Politicians' stole your money?

Wake up mister. Who are these Politicians? If they wanted money they would choose another job. These are peoples who care about Greece. They want to save you.

You know how much Pools are taxes in Athene? 3. Go to google earth and see how many pools ther are. You ate your money. You expended more than you could. You cant afford a national TV. YOU CANT!

Showing 1-12 of 12