ForumsGamesChibi Knight 2 - I'm doing it, ask me anything!

106 42115
BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

I made Chibi Knight 1, and have been chipping away at the sequel for a while. I'm finally kicking things into gear to finish it off, and I need your help and support to make the final push!

Check out some behind the scenes screenshots here:
https://www.facebook.com/OfficalChibiKnight

Here's the story I've written up so far. This is the first time it's been posted publically!

===============
Every hero faces 2 paths...his choices decide his fate.

After Monocchio's defeat, his spirit and all-seeing eye were banished to the dark realm forever.
Or so the inhabitants of Oukoku thought...

3 years after his defeat, Monocchio's remaining minions began a ploy to summon their master back to the light realm. Two groups rose up to prevent the return of Monocchio.

The Sorcery Clan from the island of Mahou pooled their formidable collection of magic spells and pushed the uprising to the brink of defeat, but at the final moment General Tso reached into the fiery dark realm and unleashed a spell so black it incinerated the eyes of every sorcerer in Oukoku. While the knowledge of Mahoun magic remains in their minds, the sorcerers are unable to execute the intricate eye movements necessary to use their magic. Rumors have since begun to circulate about a youth who will redeem Mahoun magic by learning their most potent spells and defeating General Tso.

After General Tso's victory, Oukoku mourned the loss of its sorcerers. The Beastmasters, long hidden in the Yajuu mountains, broke their 100 year separation from Oukoku and mounted their own attack on General Tso. Using their close connection with animal life, they fiercly dominated Tso's armies and let their beasts feast on the battle remains. In a dastardly move, General Tso poisoned the Yajuu beasts' food supply, thus eliminating decades of specialized training and defeating the Beastmasters' gambit. In shame, they retreated back into the Yajuu mountains with their proverbial tails between their legs. Shortly thereafter, the Yajuu Seers predicted that only one who could master the ways of the Beastmasters and summon the mysterious "Hebi" beast could defeat general Tso.

General Tso, hidden near the Kazangan volcano range, now seeks to complete his plan to bring about the return of the evil Monocchio.
==================

Basically, I want to make the player decide between specializing as a magician or as a beastmaster. Which is an un-revoke-able decision and seriously affects the way the rest of the game plays out.

Ask me anything you like about the game and I'll try to reply in a reasonable amount of time.

--BoMToons

• 106 Replies
sleepyeye
sleepyeye
11 posts
Nomad

I don't know if this has been previously mentioned but I think being able to spend your lvl up points by choice... I thought it was kind of weird that you could pick what to upgrade

firemohala888
firemohala888
1 posts
Peasant

add two hero's and each one have different story's

yash602
yash602
1 posts
Shepherd

could you please make it so i can change controls a bit?

BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

Controls will likely be customizable. You can pick what you upgrade, you just can't go back and choose something once you've skipped it to save up for something higher.

ammourazz
ammourazz
7 posts
Farmer

So this is basically the same awesome game play/ fighting mechanics from the first game, combined with a new free roam mechanics, where the entire game is in 2D platformer mode?

awesome412
awesome412
2 posts
Nomad

Add a secret area that's hidden. Like in Chibi knight 1 the healing witches' house (but a bit better hidden). It should have a special boss and unique weapons. I would also like to see crafting implemented in the game.

Nutaharion
Nutaharion
4 posts
Farmer

ta gra jest fajna

simont786
simont786
1 posts
Peasant

Is it going to be free? I'm really curious

BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

Unlikely that it'll be free, probably 3-5 dollars I'm guessing, but Steam consults with you on that decision once it's Greenlit.

It will be similar mechanics to the first game with an overworld that has points that take you into 2d platformer mode.

There will be lots of secrets... there already are a few in the current build.

I probably won't be adding in crafting... :-D

awesome412
awesome412
2 posts
Nomad

Aaah, come on!

joeeycarter
joeeycarter
1 posts
Nomad

how much will it cost to buy?

Assasinxz
Assasinxz
1 posts
Farmer

Are you gonna make it so its like the chibi knight in the first game gets married and has the kid and the big eyeball comes back from hell and tries to have revenge on the world.

iguanaboyram
iguanaboyram
1 posts
Scribe

PLEASE DO NOT ADD CONTENT THAT I HAVE TO PAY FOR OR ELSE IT ILL RUIN THE SERIES.

BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

"Are you gonna make it so its like the chibi knight in the first game gets married and has the kid and the big eyeball comes back from hell and tries to have revenge on the world."

More or less. You can read the story in my original post.

"how much will it cost to buy?"
Unknown until it gets Greenlit. I'm guessing the game will probably cost like 3-5 bucks on Steam, sorry if this RUINS THE SERIES!

lordglazeddonut
lordglazeddonut
6 posts
Shepherd

I am really glad to see chibi knight going big. I loved the first game and played it to the end. I am happy for you and the fan base. Personally, I am disappointed, because the price, (if measly) makes the game innaccessable to some players and less appealing to others. Also, I had not even heard of steam until now. I fear I will find the game innaccessable, or at least less appealing then the wide range of free games on the internet. I hope that after the original release, the hype will die down so it can be re-released on Armor Games. Is this a possibility, or am I gonna have to get steam just so I can play this?

Showing 16-30 of 106